ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNT fires coach after blowout to FCS school

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
As stated in an early thread, UNT got their butts handed to them this past Saturday while UTEP got their butts handed to them in Florida. As we all know, FIU set all sorts of new records against UTEP.

Anyways, McCarney has been stinking it up a year longer than Kugler so they had to move quickly.

Get ready to hear that "UTEP is decimated at every position...we have a bye week to get healthy....It's my job to get them ready...no excuses...we had some bright spots...need to build on those bright spots...Metz was struggling...Kavika was a spark...".:eek:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20151010-dan-mccarney-out-at-unt.ece

I know it's not true , but in my mind our defense is always allowing record performances. It's sad that I think that way "battered person syndrome" . Maybe it's that LT (TCU) performance with 406 yards rushing or the 83 points BYU plastered us with. One happened in 1999 the other in 1980 . So this kind of stuff has been traditional to UTEP defense's (of course anemic offense's don't help) . I'm sure if you looked it up, a plurality of schools we've played have set their school records against us, (maybe it just feels that way) sad.

To be fair, losing on the road to an FBS school by 40 is a little different than losing by 60 at home to an FCS school (even if it looks like a pretty good FCS team). Maybe not too much....

The unfortunate thing is that we look at lot like 2014 UNT. They went to a bowl the previous season and were a darkhorse team in CUSA last year. The wheels fell off and they ended 4-8 (which is the general area where we'll probably end up this). We don't have an FCS team on the schedule next year, so I'll go with the next best thing. I would hope the same thing happens if we lose to NMSU by 60 next year.

I know it's not true , but in my mind our defense is always allowing record performances. It's sad that I think that way "battered person syndrome" . Maybe it's that LT (TCU) performance with 406 yards rushing or the 83 points BYU plastered us with. One happened in 1999 the other in 1980 . So this kind of stuff has been traditional to UTEP defense's (of course anemic offense's don't help) . I'm sure if you looked it up, a plurality of schools we've played have set their school records against us, (maybe it just feels that way) sad.

2003 San Jose State 69 UTEP 41. Most of those 41 points were crap points. That game was physically sickening to watch. Thank heavens I was working a food stand in the Sun Bowl concourse for a non profit group to take my mind off it.

Reactions: develman
2003 San Jose State 69 UTEP 41. Most of those 41 points were crap points. That game was physically sickening to watch. Thank heavens I was working a food stand in the Sun Bowl concourse for a non profit group to take my mind off it.

Since we are taking a trip down bad memory lane I will submit giving up 77 points to Kentucky in 2002 and Tulsa in 2008.

Cheers, cheers my boy! I think you're catching on.

c140efd91f06c043e9f4fbc4b9a510e001bdab726036034bc26d88594aede9a6.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT