ADVERTISEMENT

What CUSA should be trying to do at this time!

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
The Boat is sinking, but there's still time to get on a life raft! 6 teams are gone, 2 others are trying to leave and 1 is just about gone. Let's say S. Miss is gone and Marshall and ODU are hanging by a thread. CUSA has to convince them to stay. Obviously remind them of the departing schools fees they will miss out on not to mention they'll have to pay a fee. Most importantly tell them that there is hope and their is a plan. I don't know if this will sale, but it's the only play.

Liberty is obviously the biggest fish- Already a decent Independent team and a team needed to secure the east. Twitter says they're not interested, well Twitter isn't always official and money and a good sale can still make this happen.

NMSU- Sucks, but we need them, enough said

Missouri St. - D-1 Basketball ready to go, Football is ok, but will need transition period to improve facilities.

Sam Houston St.- D-1 Basketball ready to go, but could use some upgrades. Football is at the top of FCS, so we're getting a damn good football team that will have more resources. Needs to upgrade football facilities.

Tarleton St. El Pasoans don't know this name, but people down in this part of Texas do. Very Passionate Fan Base in Football and is willing to spend the money to keep improving. D-1 Basketball, needs to improve facilities.

New CUSA with most Potential as I see it:
East: Marshall, Liberty, ODU, W. Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, FIU
West: UTEP, La Tech, NMSU, Sam Houston St. Tarleton St., Missouri St.

ODU and Marshall are gone and Liberty said no because they are gone. Those are reports from national writers and not John617772892 on Twitter.

Natty, did you read the statement that CUSA put out? Judy said, they are looking at a “regional concept”. Adding Liberty to UTEP and LaTech doesn’t seem very “regional” to you, does it?

ODU and Marshall are gone and Liberty said no because they are gone. Those are reports from national writers and not John617772892 on Twitter.

Natty, did you read the statement that CUSA put out? Judy said, they are looking at a “regional concept”. Adding Liberty to UTEP and LaTech doesn’t seem very “regional” to you, does it?

I didn't see anything official on Marshall and UAB, maybe cause it was the weekend, so I was hoping there was a chance. Obviously if ODU and Marshall are gone that takes away any chance at Liberty. I was hoping there was still a chance to keep them. With the teams I mentioned it made a pretty good east and west. So if ODU, Marshall, and therefore Liberty is dead then you go 10 teams for now.
UTEP, La Tech, FIU, W. Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Missouri St., Sam Houston St., Tarleton St. NMSU and Lamar. Obviously this isn't very attractive, but might be the case to stay afloat. This is assuming we hold on to W. Kentucky and Middle Tennessee however!

Didn't Liberty already say no and ODU, Marshall went Sun Belt
Just double checked by the way. None of those reports are official yet. Liberty said over the weekend while playing in Denton they're looking at all options. It's pretty simple if ODU, Marshall and S. Miss all leave, No Liberty for CUSA. If we keep Marshall and ODU, the. Liberty I think will come to CUSA. We'll probably know for sure very soon.

Just double checked by the way. None of those reports are official yet. Liberty said over the weekend while playing in Denton they're looking at all options. It's pretty simple if ODU, Marshall and S. Miss all leave, No Liberty for CUSA. If we keep Marshall and ODU, the. Liberty I think will come to CUSA. We'll probably know for sure very soon.

Liberty just had another scandal.

Let’s bet. You’re so confident that Liberty, Marshall, and ODU aren’t headed out and the rest of us are full of shit. Name your bet.

Let’s bet. You’re so confident that Liberty, Marshall, and ODU aren’t headed out and the rest of us are full of shit. Name your bet.
The bet is that you can go screw yourself, cause no one said they were over confident of anything. I said it hasn't been made official and Liberty said what I posted on Sat. So you have the same info as I do at this point. It's a fluid situation. I simply said what CUSA should be trying to do at this point. It's not a competition guy!

The bet is that you can go screw yourself, cause no one said they were over confident of anything. I said it hasn't been made official and Liberty said what I posted on Sat. So you have the same info as I do at this point. It's a fluid situation. I simply said what CUSA should be trying to do at this point. It's not a competition guy!
Well, you keep posting about a hypothetical situation, when there’s no evidence that those teams will remain. Keep denying if you want to.

Friday night the Missouri St beat writer said they're not ready to move up at this time.

Marshall has made their decision and will be announced by their new president when he's introduced sometime this week.

It's basically over. Waiting for it to become official.

CUSA will rebuild the conference around us.

Reactions: nattybry
Well, you keep posting about a hypothetical situation, when there’s no evidence that those teams will remain. Keep denying if you want to.
With the information available that was official, this was still an slight option and what I suggest CUSA should pull out all the stops to secure! I said once Marshall and ODU becomes official them it's plan B time. I personally would prefer Missouri St. over Lamar or MC Neese st., but Corona just stated that Missouri St. isn't quite ready. I have no idea exactly what's gonna happen. I'm just hoping it's not as terrible as it appears at the time, so I'm preferring to hold out a measure of hope that's all.

Honestly McNeese St is another bs name. They're not ready to move up and can't afford it right now. @Minerinciter complains about us not having LED lights well how would he feel about not having lights at all. Lake Charles is still recovering from hurricane Laura and hasn't been able to replace the football stadium lights destroyed.

With the information available that was official, this was still an slight option and what I suggest CUSA should pull out all the stops to secure! I said once Marshall and ODU becomes official them it's plan B time. I personally would prefer Missouri St. over Lamar or MC Neese st., but Corona just stated that Missouri St. isn't quite ready. I have no idea exactly what's gonna happen. I'm just hoping it's not as terrible as it appears at the time, so I'm preferring to hold out a measure of hope that's all.
“By now you may be wondering the fate of Liberty, a football independent that otherwise competes in the Atlantic Sun. The Flames covet a stable football home, and C-USA tried to add Liberty and JMU while retaining ODU and Marshall.

But with a superior television package and more stable membership, the Sun Belt outmaneuvered C-USA, which is also losing six schools to the American.”

People would not be writing articles that could discredit their name in the future.

Honestly McNeese St is another bs name. They're not ready to move up and can't afford it right now. @Minerinciter complains about us not having LED lights well how would he feel about not having lights at all. Lake Charles is still recovering from hurricane Laura and hasn't been able to replace the football stadium lights destroyed.

I’m not sure I believe any of the prospects either. I am not sure how Tarleton, who barely started their D1/FCS transition, can jump to FBS so soon.

I understand that nobody expected CUSA to open up like it has, but it’s really quite expensive to go to FBS. In my opinion, it’s really dumb to jump to FBS in a couple of weeks, like SHSU and McNeese are rumored to. SHSU and the other 3 left the Southland because schools like McNeese St were considered “poor” and didn’t align with their “future” goals of FBS.

Now, McNeese St has the money for FBS and is going to make a quick decision to align with UTEP and LaTech?

Could it happen, I guess. I would be very hesitant to join CUSA, even if you’re NMSU. The $27 million that is coming from the 9 departures, is only $5 million + each to the remaining 5 schools. That’s not a lot, especially if your TV deal goes down and you’re using some of this money to entice FCS schools.

And the 5 remaining CUSA schools will be looking for their first ticket to greener pastures.

That's true I guess the question for SHSU and the others is. Is it easier to jump to an FBS conference now or make the WAC an FBS conference within the next decade?

The football playoffs distribution is already there for CUSA. There is zero guarantee that the WAC will ever be included in that.

As soon as NMSU joins and one other WAC schools does then the others will follow.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
That's true I guess the question for SHSU and the others is. Is it easier to jump to an FBS conference now or make the WAC an FBS conference within the next decade?

The football playoffs distribution is already there for CUSA. There is zero guarantee that the WAC will ever be included in that.

As soon as NMSU joins and one other WAC schools does then the others will follow.
It’s possible. In my opinion, really not bright to make a big decision in weeks to join up with UTEP, MTSU, WKU, LaTech, and FIU and that’s assuming all 5 are there. Even Liberty didn’t want a piece of that.

What about Florida Gulf Coast do they have football team?? What about the HBCU schools?? Why dont they move up. Imagine if they moved up they would definitely challenge in in recruiting. Would Texas Southern leave??

It’s possible. In my opinion, really not bright to make a big decision in weeks to join up with UTEP, MTSU, WKU, LaTech, and FIU and that’s assuming all 5 are there. Even Liberty didn’t want a piece of that.
Texas St and UTSA joined a WAC that consisted of Idaho, NMSU, and LT. Utah St and San Jose St played that season there but they were already MW bound. This was common knowledge before the two Texas schools joined. When a school wants to move up to FBS they'll join whatever conference will take them regardless of who's there.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Texas St and UTSA joined a WAC that consisted of Idaho, NMSU, and LT. Utah St and San Jose St played that season there but they were already MW bound. This was common knowledge before the two Texas schools joined. When a school wants to move up to FBS they'll join whatever conference will take them regardless of who's there.
True. There just are not that many opportunities to move up. Matt Brown is saying there a number of fcs schools interested and the thing is, cusa can select the cream of the crop and those schools will have a head start on transitioning. 2022 they won't be in the conference and when they arrive in 2023 they will only have one more transition year. 2024 they are fbs and won't matter who leaves at that point. Hopefully it will be UTEP leaving for the MWC then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT