ADVERTISEMENT

OT What are your hobbies?

Autograph Boy

MI Hall of Famer
Nov 10, 2019
Besides following sports, what do you do with your free time? I love learning about other people's hobbies and what type of things people are passionate about.

Usually I am so exhausted when I have rest time, it is great to just watch some TV and relax. Not as excited about sports anymore I must say. When your teams are not doing well, it just puts a damper on everything. UTEP has not been relevant in Football or Basketball for years. The Cowboys with Jerry the owner just keep repeating themselves in a loop. Can't stand the NBA. The NHL playoffs are fun and will be interesting when they do the 24 team playoffs. Same with baseball if they do a 60 game season. Both will be free for all's. Just like the NCAA basketball tournament.
I guess the real downer was not seeing SDSU prove themselves in the last tournament.

As for hobbies, I guess hiking, working out, trying out new food and restaurants. Cooking has become a new one. So time consuming, yet it gets your mind in another place. Great form of meditation. Always thought that golf was never relaxing, as it would frustrate me too much and defeated the purpose of relaxing me.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Usually I am so exhausted when I have rest time, it is great to just watch some TV and relax. Not as excited about sports anymore I must say. When your teams are not doing well, it just puts a damper on everything. UTEP has not been relevant in Football or Basketball for years. The Cowboys with Jerry the owner just keep repeating themselves in a loop. Can't stand the NBA. The NHL playoffs are fun and will be interesting when they do the 24 team playoffs. Same with baseball if they do a 60 game season. Both will be free for all's. Just like the NCAA basketball tournament.
I guess the real downer was not seeing SDSU prove themselves in the last tournament.

As for hobbies, I guess hiking, working out, trying out new food and restaurants. Cooking has become a new one. So time consuming, yet it gets your mind in another place. Great form of meditation. Always thought that golf was never relaxing, as it would frustrate me too much and defeated the purpose of relaxing me.

I said before that it must be brutal being a UTEP and Cowboys fan! I agree with the NBA. I haven't watched a full game on TV in years.

Favorite foods and restaurants?

I watch UTEP, The Cowboys, boxing and soccer when I have a chance. Other than that I play guitar (not as well as I did in my teens and twenties) and read.
I want to love The NBA but it has become an isolation game where they shoot so many 3s and everyone wants to have And1 Mixtape levels of handles.

I watch UTEP, The Cowboys, boxing and soccer when I have a chance. Other than that I play guitar (not as well as I did in my teens and twenties) and read.
I want to love The NBA but it has become an isolation game where they shoot so many 3s and everyone wants to have And1 Mixtape levels of handles.

Were you ever in a band or was playing guitar just something for yourself?

I said before that it must be brutal being a UTEP and Cowboys fan! I agree with the NBA. I haven't watched a full game on TV in years.

Favorite foods and restaurants?

I have eaten food from all over the world. I would have to say you sometimes have to eat it there as you cannot get the same fresh ingredients anywhere else. Pho, Tom Yum, to name a couple. I could do a whole thread on foods and favorite foods. (Actually might be a good idea)

In saying that, I am still searching for a decent burrito like Campus Queen. All they do everywhere is fill it with rice and beans and it just does not have that taste. I guess their burritos used to taste a little like Picadillo if I remember. Most do not put small potatoes in their burritos unless they are breakfast burritos.

And yes, it continues to take a lot to be a Cowboys fan. They will stop digressing when Jerry leaves.

Have you ever had a better sandwich than Fred's in Juarez? All I remember as a kid when I went there was that those sandwiches tasted as good as anything I have ever tasted since. Was it the alcohol?

Or the street vendors had the best tacos. Everybody would yell, "You're going to get sick." Yet I ate on the street for about a dime a taco and never got sick.

Reactions: unihorn
My favorite Mexican restaurant in El Paso is Casita Linda on Hondo Pass. Very underrated!

Have you ever had a better sandwich than Fred's in Juarez? All I remember as a kid when I went there was that those sandwiches tasted as good as anything I have ever tasted since. Was it the alcohol?

Or the street vendors had the best tacos. Everybody would yell, "You're going to get sick." Yet I ate on the street for about a dime a taco and never got sick.
it was the alcohol. Those sandwiches had their moment for some time, but they tasted like crap if you ordered them first thing when you got there. One night a cucaracha walked out of the plastic bin where they stored the bread. That was the last time I saw anyone order a sandwich from them. From then on it was the little torta place that was cady corner to superior.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT