ADVERTISEMENT

Overtime.

What a bunch of Cowards!!! Coaching staff played to go into double OT not win the game when they had the chance!!!!

Well now we went back to being predictable again on those last 3 plays...run,run, then bring in Kavika and run with him. Damit

Well Now they actually three it and see what happened!! Now let's get a stop!!

Does this end in a tie?
Nope.
Sweet Jesus! Who wants to win this game??

Last edited:
I feel good for the whole team, they fought tough and got a much-needed win. If for anything else, a win for their own piece of mind. Hopefully, the offense will continue to develop under Metz, and just maybe they can pull off five more victories.(I know, getting ahead of myself) But there hasn't been too much to build optimism on, so I think we'll all take what we can get.

Cubsfan81(congrats on the Cubbies win) and I agree that UTEP didn't play to win the game in the first OT, five straight runs and kick the field goal(not one pass attempt) glad they got away with that "I'm scared to throw" offense in the first OT. Usually, stuff like that comes back to bite them in the ass.

On defense, they weren't good, but they weren't bad either. The thing I can say about the D, is that they have been playing better than the offense all season(that's not saying much, I know) but at least the defense has bothered to post a couple of times this season and IMO this is the first time the offense has posted since game 1 against NMSU.

Overall A.A. Jones is a beast. Dawn is electrifying. Plinke and Taylor are underutilized (TE's). Hopefully now with a QB that can complete at least on 60% of his throws these weapons (including Moss) can flourish, and of course continued creative play calling.

After the fumble by Jones things looked doomed for UTEP. UTSA made the same mistake of not playing to win. They figured a fg would be good enough for the W. It came back to haunt them. Overall great win. I like our chances of winning four of the next five to make a bowl.

wow.....y'all are amazing. went from firing squad to "I like our chances of winning 4 of the next 5 to make a bowl game"

Maybe we should be ranked too?

Settle down guys. Yes, we won an exciting game, but we have in no way turned the corner. Geez.....baby steps...

I thought the last thing everyone wanted was for Kugler to beat these soft teams and make it to a bowl game to keep his job.

Personally I am glad that The Miners won, they showed a ton of heart both cowing back after from 14 diwn twice. My hope going forward is that they keep throwing the ball, because Kugler has proven that his run first brand of football will not succeed.

Last edited:
I'm just happy they fought and pulled it out against a decent CUSA team on the road. It was exciting and the Miners needed that and so did their fans! I will not go any further than that though, I hope they can turn it around and go bowling, but at this point its just hope until they actually do it, but at least they gave us some hope to hang on to!

Reactions: UTEP05 and develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT