ADVERTISEMENT

Peculiar Quote about Jevon Jackson

utep1966

Rookie
Feb 15, 2024

"We go against the best running back in Conference USA and college football, Jevon Jackson, every day," Chapman said of Miner practices. "We prepare ourselves every day going against the best. We hone in on what we can do to make us better."

Is there something I'm missing? Best running back in CUSA and college football?

If these Austin Peavey guys (or anyone else for that matter) aren’t up to the challenge then Walden will have no choice but to make adjustments. If he sticks with players who are underperforming he’d be shooting himself in the foot and like Kugler and Dimel before him he’d be letting everyone know he can’t get out of his own way. Personally I’d like to see a change of pace back, but I wonder if these other guys aren’t as well versed in the offensive schemes since they can line up all over the field and they have to be able to function as a capable WR as well as RB so in a way I understand why Walden trusts Jackson this early in the season.

Reactions: minerfan_14
If these Austin Peavey guys (or anyone else for that matter) aren’t up to the challenge then Walden will have no choice but to make adjustments. If he sticks with players who are underperforming he’d be shooting himself in the foot and like Kugler and Dimel before him he’d be letting everyone know he can’t get out of his own way. Personally I’d like to see a change of pace back, but I wonder if these other guys aren’t as well versed in the offensive schemes since they can line up all over the field and they have to be able to function as a capable WR as well as RB so in a way I understand why Walden trusts Jackson this early in the season.
Ok, you can't blame a rb for all of UTEP's stupid, stupid penalties. He did not do that bad and that Husker game was against a B10 Conference Champ. Yes, I'm saying the Huskers will win the B10. They will get past Ohio State.

No one has mentioned UTEPs mid game? I know. It appears CS does not have one.

Reactions: picks up
SC made a tackle adjustment and decided to go with a TRUE freshman. Let see of it makes a difference?

"UTEP established a vertical passing game in its loss to Southern Utah but got away from it, then failed at running the football and was buried under a sea of penalties.

Cleaning up the penalties — the Miners were flagged for six holds against Southern Utah — will be the first key. Next, establishing Jevon Jackson in the run game will be key. The UTEP line will take a slightly different look, with Luka Matamoros scheduled to get the start at right tackle."Will SC adjust his former AP players?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT