ADVERTISEMENT

Players electing not to play

Did Teich really say that?

Who are they? They deserve to be called out.

If Dimel is really allowing this, it shows that the players don't respect him. He needs to kick them off the team. Why allow this?
Based on the results of this season, the players haven't been playing all season.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Did Teich really say that?

Who are they? They deserve to be called out.

If Dimel is really allowing this, it shows that the players don't respect him. He needs to kick them off the team. Why allow this?
This type of behavior shouldn’t be tolerated. I get Dimel sucks and the season went down the toilet but if you’re going to intentionally sit out then that’s an indictment of you as a player more so than the coach. Dimel needs to can those guys immediately because that has to be super poisonous to the team. And if those guys want to transfer out I hope teams know what happened because these players can do it to them too.

Wait what happened ?

Late in the game Teicher was saying this is a beat up football team. He talked about the injuries and the bye and then said something about between the injuries and the players who are choosing not to play, there aren’t many options.

Didn’t add anything specific or point any fingers, it was an odd comment.

Teicher is a big time homer but he has also been very calculated with his words.

Late in the game Teicher was saying this is a beat up football team. He talked about the injuries and the bye and then said something about between the injuries and the players who are choosing not to play, there aren’t many options.

Didn’t add anything specific or point any fingers, it was an odd comment.

Teicher is a big time homer but he has also been very calculated with his words.
Teicher is a Goat and too good for Utep honestly. I've grown up with him and he's made the best of the 85% bleak times of Miner Football! He's a true loyal fan and ambassador of Utep!

Dimel did say this:

"The main thing we have to do is get everybody together. There was a lot of bickering going back and forth. We have to keep the team together, ensure everyone is still good. We can bounce back we have to play together."

Reactions: kickballpro
I wonder if one of those players that has elected not to play is Smith? This is 100% speculation on my part. He's tried to leave this team twice in the last two years and is probably not happy with his stats this year. Again, this is 100% speculation.
I certainly wonder, too.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Dimel did say this:

"The main thing we have to do is get everybody together. There was a lot of bickering going back and forth. We have to keep the team together, ensure everyone is still good. We can bounce back we have to play together."
Dimel’s lost the team. Now maybe it’s his fault because of his playcalling and their record, maybe it’s because some guys want to phone it in after 4 games and claim a redshirt year. Either way you’re not gonna Kumbaya your way out of this mess.

I wonder if one of those players that has elected not to play is Smith? This is 100% speculation on my part. He's tried to leave this team twice in the last two years and is probably not happy with his stats this year. Again, this is 100% speculation.
If he is proven to be one of the guys sitting out, just another reason why he shouldn't have been brought back. He obviously doesn't like El Paso and has an attitude issue (knew he wasn't going to play at A&M so he got out).

Teicher deserves another 10 win season to call, Graham Harrell will bring a ton of “Touchdown Miners!”
Harrell would be a great hire but UTEP is going to have to pony up the 💵 to even have a chance. I think he makes more as a OC than what UTEP pays their HC.

Last edited:
Harrell would be a great hire but UTEP is going to have to pony up the 💵 to even have a chance. I think he makes more as a OC than what UTEP pays their HC.
I’d rather see a head coach who has built a program as head man and had success. Maybe a current FCS coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT