ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Barnett

I suspect that if Barrett were leaving, he would be gone by now, but who knows. Floyd specifically said that Touchet was on both an academic and athletic scholarship and that they would be at 13 scholarships when the season starts. Right now they are at 14. He also made a real point to talk about 'freshman' point guards and how well they did in CUSA last year. More excitement to come SMH.

I suspect that if Barrett were leaving, he would be gone by now, but who knows. Floyd specifically said that Touchet was on both an academic and athletic scholarship and that they would be at 13 scholarships when the season starts. Right now they are at 14. He also made a real point to talk about 'freshman' point guards and how well they did in CUSA last year. More excitement to come SMH.

You don't think he would wait until the semester is over to finish his courses?

Reactions: axingfools1
I just don't know. I would think the sooner the better to get his name out there. He can still finish the semester...

Players who plan on transferring to another school are best served to finish out their current semester at their old school. The semester costs are covered by the old school, and they also need to meet the hour requirement for the year. So, guys like Cameron and Barnes, will finish out the current semester, and then transfer out when they finish up. In Barrett's case, it could be that the staff may think one of new guys may be iffy to qualify. We must remember that the new guys still need to meet their requirements as well this semester; and still have a chance to satisfy the requirements late. Seems like there is a contingency plan in place, but I don't think it is too difficult to read the tea leaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT