ADVERTISEMENT

randaddyMiner wins the MDPT (UTEP vs FAU)

tbleslieDELETE

All Star
Mar 8, 2012
Based on the criteria set forth by kappasig last week, randaddy wins the MDPT by being spot on in regards to point differential (7). Take it from here, randaddy!

Well...Kappa Sig's criteria seemed to be pretty sensible to me until now. My prediction of 69-63 is closer to the actual score of 63-56 and the six point differential is pretty close to seven, but I'll be a good sport. Since I am also a Kappa Sig it's more acceptable...won't argue with a brother.

UTEP 76. FIU 71

You all missed it last night...chi started his, it was deleted within five minutes.

Question. To win, you need to guess the closest number/difference between the two scores? Also, is that what they are doing at the Den?

Just the suggestion. I say let the weekly winner determine the game. Make it a little different from The Den.

This post was edited on 2/6 12:13 PM by MistaBinks

I saw that this morning, miner1liner. I agree that your were closer overall. I think it makes more sense to go with:

1. Closest to the added score total

If there is a tie

2. Closest to the winner's score

The way we had it, someone could be 20 points off of both team's score, therefore 40 points off of the added total, but as long as they got the point spread right, would still win. If the game was to guess point spread, that makes sense. But if we're trying to get closest score, I think we need to revisit. I thought about that last week as I was posting the MDPT, but didn't want to stir the $hit, so I didn't say anything. Just MY 2 cents worth, tho.

I think you are on the right track. If a big reward was involved we could really do some in depth studies on the process.

Why is everyone trying to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.... I deflated my balls to come out on top

How about:

The absolute value of the following:

UTEP actual - UTEP predicted
+
OPP actual - OPP predicted
=
Smallest value wins

I think victory is yours, randaddy. Based on the criteria from last week it is, which is what we gotta go with for the FAU game. But maybe tweaking is in order for the remainder.

Perhaps we should have a little vote. These are the 3 proposed methods so far. Any others?

1. Keep it as is.
2. Add point totals and closest to the total, and correct winner. Like the Big Dance bracket for the final.
3. (Miner predicted score minus actual score) + (opponent predicted score minus actual score) Smallest number wins, as long as winner is predicted.

Hey TBLESLIE I just realized your #2 and my #3 are the exact same all i'm doing is splitting up the total. Im down to go with #2 to keep it simple.

Hahaha. Too funny. It's Friday evening after a long week of work and that totally slipped right on by me that the two are essentially the same, kappasig. I'm ready for a beer or 6. Maybe a few more will chime in and we can get a feel for what route to go and make it official.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT