ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the happiness of every college football fan base in 2017

If UTEP were even like Boise St, I would venture to say we could average 50k a game. I think that would be close to tops for non-power 5 schools? I think the fan base here is just hopeful and ready to explode.

If UTEP were even like Boise St, I would venture to say we could average 50k a game. I think that would be close to tops for non-power 5 schools? I think the fan base here is just hopeful and ready to explode.

UTEP has a captive audience.

I have a bad feeling that ship has sailed. I think we can draw 50,000 for certain P5 team, an attractive ooc game or a conference championship game if we ever host one. To constantly average anything close to 50k with our conference opponents is going to be difficult. During the WAC2.0 and CUSA2.0 we had some rivals that could pull in the crowds. The current lineup of teams don't draw well in El Paso. The last time we hit more than 45,000 against a conference opponent was back in 2005 vs Tulsa.

IMO if we returned to having winning seasons the best we could hope for is 40,000 with a name brand ooc university to help boost our overall average. During the lone winning season of CUSA 3.0 our best attended game was 33,000 vs NMSU. The best conference game was 27,500 vs MTSU.

I have a bad feeling that ship has sailed. I think we can draw 50,000 for certain P5 team, an attractive ooc game or a conference championship game if we ever host one. To constantly average anything close to 50k with our conference opponents is going to be difficult. During the WAC2.0 and CUSA2.0 we had some rivals that could pull in the crowds. The current lineup of teams don't draw well in El Paso. The last time we hit more than 45,000 against a conference opponent was back in 2005 vs Tulsa.

IMO if we returned to having winning seasons the best we could hope for is 40,000 with a name brand ooc university to help boost our overall average. During the lone winning season of CUSA 3.0 our best attended game was 33,000 vs NMSU. The best conference game was 27,500 vs MTSU.

Yeah, my sense is it's more like 20k at most games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT