ADVERTISEMENT

RE: Kai Locksley arrest

Dec 22, 2016
So I found out Dimel is a fake, and has no back bone in my opinion, wanna know what ya'll think about this.

This is in reference to Kai's arrest, first Dimel was quoted as saying:

"While the legal process has not come to a complete conclusion, we believe that the final charges against Kai will not be as severe as what has been reported," Senter said. "Young people make mistakes and it is important that they learn from these mistakes. We believe in restorative justice and feel that Kai will benefit more in the long run by getting the necessary support and guidance from his coaches and teammates, rather than being dismissed from the team."

"While we welcome Kai back to our football team, I want to make it very clear that he will have a list of expectations placed on him," Dimel said. "We will keep these expectations in-house, but a zero-tolerance policy will be in effect. The rest is up to Kai, but we're hopeful that he can come out of all this the best possible person and teammate."

Law enforcement friend of mine with the constable office says Kai was either pulled over or straight up ticketed a few weeks after he was reinstated for some very minor traffic stuff, nothing criminal or serious, you and I could get pulled over and ticketed for this, but I think Dimel slid this under the rug and no one in the media picked up on this.

I checked El Paso County records and sure enough Kai was ticketed for minor stuff, but the fact remains the zero-tolerance statement was a farce.

Now I get it, kids mess up, he didn't pull a gun on anyone for a second time, but this tough guy act Dimel pulled when he reinstated him was fake, and what kind of message does this send?

If you're quarterback still risks his future status on the team by speeding with no registration or insurance or whatever, I guess since he's the best at running QB power Dimel didn't care to tell Kai maybe you should get the little things in life right before you lead a FBS program.

To me, shows how undisciplined this program is under Dimel and this will continue as long as its swept under the rug. Personally, as a donor and season ticket holder, this is crap, I will not donate in 2020 nor renew my season tickets as long as Dimel is the head coach.

If I was head coach, I would have kicked Kai off the team even for a speeding ticket after the news of the first arrest, that's was zero tolerance means to me.

Would love to get ya'lls thoughts on this, am I look too much into this, or did Dimel drop the ball on trying to run a legit program and do the right things?

So I found out Dimel is a fake, and has no back bone in my opinion, wanna know what ya'll think about this.

This is in reference to Kai's arrest, first Dimel was quoted as saying:

"While the legal process has not come to a complete conclusion, we believe that the final charges against Kai will not be as severe as what has been reported," Senter said. "Young people make mistakes and it is important that they learn from these mistakes. We believe in restorative justice and feel that Kai will benefit more in the long run by getting the necessary support and guidance from his coaches and teammates, rather than being dismissed from the team."

"While we welcome Kai back to our football team, I want to make it very clear that he will have a list of expectations placed on him," Dimel said. "We will keep these expectations in-house, but a zero-tolerance policy will be in effect. The rest is up to Kai, but we're hopeful that he can come out of all this the best possible person and teammate."

Law enforcement friend of mine with the constable office says Kai was either pulled over or straight up ticketed a few weeks after he was reinstated for some very minor traffic stuff, nothing criminal or serious, you and I could get pulled over and ticketed for this, but I think Dimel slid this under the rug and no one in the media picked up on this.

I checked El Paso County records and sure enough Kai was ticketed for minor stuff, but the fact remains the zero-tolerance statement was a farce.

Now I get it, kids mess up, he didn't pull a gun on anyone for a second time, but this tough guy act Dimel pulled when he reinstated him was fake, and what kind of message does this send?

If you're quarterback still risks his future status on the team by speeding with no registration or insurance or whatever, I guess since he's the best at running QB power Dimel didn't care to tell Kai maybe you should get the little things in life right before you lead a FBS program.

To me, shows how undisciplined this program is under Dimel and this will continue as long as its swept under the rug. Personally, as a donor and season ticket holder, this is crap, I will not donate in 2020 nor renew my season tickets as long as Dimel is the head coach.

If I was head coach, I would have kicked Kai off the team even for a speeding ticket after the news of the first arrest, that's was zero tolerance means to me.

Would love to get ya'lls thoughts on this, am I look too much into this, or did Dimel drop the ball on trying to run a legit program and do the right things?

Dimel was desperate. This kind of pandering to key players happens everywhere. Pathetically, it didn’t help the season one bit.

Even worse, he stole a FBS scholarship when he clearly belonged in a D3 school. Although you can say that about 60 guys on this team.

I intensely dislike Dismel, but D3 is a stretch. While Kai wasn’t very good, he has some talent. If he were used differently and not yanked in and out with Jones, might have been different.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Dimel was desperate. This kind of pandering to key players happens everywhere. Pathetically, it didn’t help the season one bit.
I think that's my problem, is that it didn't help, while maybe another QB could have helped? I mean we are spinning our wheels talking about what if's with UTEP football, but that's what bugs me the worst, if he threw for 3,000 yards and 25 TD's maybe I'd even turn a blind eye...

I think that's my problem, is that it didn't help, while maybe another QB could have helped? I mean we are spinning our wheels talking about what if's with UTEP football, but that's what bugs me the worst, if he threw for 3,000 yards and 25 TD's maybe I'd even turn a blind eye...

It’s a shit show right now, no doubt.

I understand your point. It looks bad, and it sets a poor example.

Now I’m playing devil’s advocate here: I understand 100% that Kai should have been on a zero tolerance policy but I don’t know if minor traffic violations are a grave mess up. There were no criminal ramifications related to those offenses. Is it a bad look? Absolutely. Is Kai irresponsable. Sounds like it.

This really should be a wake up call because it sounds like Dimel had every opportunity and then some to give Kai the boot but he never did. Maybe he liked Kai as a person and he felt he didn’t want to give up on him, maybe he kept him as a professional courtesy to his dad. Either way Goodwin and Hardison could not beat him out, and that should have everyone worried.

Now I’m playing devil’s advocate here: I understand 100% that Kai should have been on a zero tolerance policy but I don’t know if minor traffic violations are a grave mess up. There were no criminal ramifications related to those offenses. Is it a bad look? Absolutely. Is Kai irresponsable. Sounds like it.

This really should be a wake up call because it sounds like Dimel had every opportunity and then some to give Kai the boot but he never did. Maybe he liked Kai as a person and he felt he didn’t want to give up on him, maybe he kept him as a professional courtesy to his dad. Either way Goodwin and Hardison could not beat him out, and that should have everyone worried.
Great post

Just wondering if Dimel actually gave the other qb’s any consideration. I think Dimel waned to prove he is always right, and didn’t make an error of judgment with Kai.

Reactions: Minerforlife
Roy, my personal opinion is that you shouldn’t stop donating or buying season tickets because of Dimel’s failure to kick Kai off of the squad for a minor traffic violation. To me such a small offense does not warrant Kai being booted out even given his past history. I doubt that when Dimel drew a line in the sand for Locksley it included traffic tickets. Don’t get me wrong, I understand your frustration but I wouldn’t stop supporting the program over this. We are all aware of the totally undisciplined nature of this team as well as the coaching staff, so if at this point you are simply fed up with Dimel’s coaching decisions, his public lack of accountability, his failure to show improvement, etc., then I would say that’s fair. But I can’t really fault Dimel for not cutting Kai loose for a traffic ticket. Just my thoughts!

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Roy, my personal opinion is that you shouldn’t stop donating or buying season tickets because of Dimel’s failure to kick Kai off of the squad

LOL. Roy doesn’t do either of those. He doesn’t even attend all the games. He mentioned he played in a softball tournament a few weekends ago. He’s no donor or ST holder.

Roy, my personal opinion is that you shouldn’t stop donating or buying season tickets because of Dimel’s failure to kick Kai off of the squad for a minor traffic violation. To me such a small offense does not warrant Kai being booted out even given his past history. I doubt that when Dimel drew a line in the sand for Locksley it included traffic tickets. Don’t get me wrong, I understand your frustration but I wouldn’t stop supporting the program over this. We are all aware of the totally undisciplined nature of this team as well as the coaching staff, so if at this point you are simply fed up with Dimel’s coaching decisions, his public lack of accountability, his failure to show improvement, etc., then I would say that’s fair. But I can’t really fault Dimel for not cutting Kai loose for a traffic ticket. Just my thoughts!
I hear and respect what you’re saying, but it’s a bunch of things piled up that have me out on the Dimel era already, and that kinda pushed me off the ledge. Not like I’m donating thousands of dollars or have captain club seats i try to do what i can in my financial means for the program but I’m just frustrated man lol

Great points, wanted to get a feel on how people thought of this.

I hear and respect what you’re saying, but it’s a bunch of things piled up that have me out on the Dimel era already, and that kinda pushed me off the ledge. Not like I’m donating thousands of dollars or have captain club seats i try to do what i can in my financial means for the program but I’m just frustrated man lol

Great points, wanted to get a feel on how people thought of this.

he should’ve cut him loose after the gun incident

I thought Kai should have been kicked off the team after the 1st offense. I could give 2 shits about what Dimel said afterward because I had already made up my mind by then. If the rebuild is gonna take 5 years and our team was gonna suck anyway, then make some GD statements by cutting the fat. We saw the result of that indecision on the field.

BTW I still cant beleive that no coaches have been fired!

Looks like Locksley is now invited to Houston Texans mini-camp. In my opinion he's a camp body and will be cut after playing scout team for the high profile rookies

So did his legal issues clear up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT