ADVERTISEMENT

Referee Incompetence moves onto the finals

21 points in the first 10 minutes of the game
29 points in the last 30 minutes

that's why we lost.

Not why we lost but that was a Cooper and 1. Going 7 minutes without scoring in both halves didn't help either. Oh boy, other than Paul Thomas. Hopefully another freshman can make an immediate impact.

Maybe not saying it's the only reason, but we you lose by 3 and had 4 points taken away from you........ If you're wondering where I'm getting the 4 points, Cooper's three point play and the "flagrant foul" on Hunter leading to a FT. Not to mention Omega getting knocked down on the last 3 point attempt, which is call they've been all freaking year.

The announcers explained the flagrant. If you pull a guys shirt to slow him up its a flagrant. They got it right. Hunter once again showed a lack of basketball IQ. It was a stupid fould to commit at all.

I know the rule. I respectfully disagree with the announcers' and your assessment. You absolutely cannot make that call with two and a half minutes left in the conference tournament. It's debatable whether you call that with 14:00 left in the first half of a game in the middle of December. The guy was just standing there, he didn't have the ball, he wasn't going for the ball, there was absolutely no advantage gained. It was simply being over-officious. Especially when you swallow your whistle for 37 minutes while Lang is getting hammered down low and you're going to call that a flagrant? How many intentional fouls would be called if they call every time somebody tugged on someone's jersey?

I haven't seen any stats on Lee Moore beyond the first three games or so this season. I am wondering if this kid will even show up. If not, we have an even bigger problem in the backcourt next year. Morris and Harris were extremely loose with the ball all year. They better improve greatly next year. Even so, losing Lang, Washburn, Cooper, and possibly Hunter will be very tough to overcome. I think we are fooling ourselves if we believe this year's redshirts are the answer. If they could play, they would have been on the court this year based on our deficiencies in the backcourt. Very disappointing season, and one that was supposed to be our year.

This post was edited on 3/13 6:44 PM by Lil_Train

Unfortunately our Miners should never leave the outcome to the refs. At times it seemed like they were playing
scared. Why didn't they attack the paint. Why can't they make free throws, why can't they finish layups.
It seems like they are waiting for someone to take the initiative.
Vince puzzles me sometimes. He should finish strong to the hoop instead of taking some of those fouls. It seems
like he is more concentrated on the contact than making the buckets.
I just don't know what to say. I saw Tim Floyd frustrated at times. You just can't blame Tim for the mistakes the players
make.

GO Miners...

Agree...It's not CTF's fault...It's the players. They simply were not that good. I stopped getting frustrated when I accepted the fact that this was just a middle of the road talented team in a WEAK conference. And here's the bad part...it ain't gonna get any better. Try to convince a real player to come to EP...on this team, with these players, in this conference? yeah right! Now I see why Hamilton reneged on his commitment.

Free State Miner.... Who recruited every one of the players on the floor for UTEP today? And as far as the conference goes.... Hogwash. We haven't been close to winning this mediocre conference. So obviously the other schools are bringing in talent better than ours. And guess what? They are in CUSA also.

Can we disabuse ourselves of the notion that our redshirts were redshirted because they couldn't play? The plan was to redshirt Antonio Davis. I'm watching Colorado St. right now. I think I heard that they start 2 redshirt senior and 2 redshirt juniors, and they're 27-5. Maybe they can't play. Only time will tell. But that, in and of itself, doesn't mean anything.

As to whether they could have helped this year? Meh. Flaggert and Touchet are 6-7 wings that can shoot. They were never going to help us at point. Looking back, yeah, we needed someone who could hit an outside shot. That would have helped immensely today against the zone. However, back in October, I think the coaching staff figured that with Cooper, Morris, Harris, and Washburn, we had enough shooters to get by. I don't think anyone thought that Cooper and Washburn would have struggled as bad as they did at times this season. Winn's a 6-7 post player. Would he have helped us on the boards? Maybe. But, again, with Hunter, Willms, and Lang, the guess was that we had enough inside to hold our own inside. Caldwell is 6-3 guard. Maybe he helps us at point. But, I don't think we'd be all that better if he was playing 20-25 minutes a game.

Moore is coming and doing well this season no reason to believe he's not coming

Just researched it, I thought he was averaging 18 ppg the whole season, but it does only say 3 games, not sure why or if he hasn't played the remaining games, ok now I'm worried

Originally posted by nattybry:
Just researched it, I thought he was averaging 18 ppg the whole season, but it does only say 3 games, not sure why or if he hasn't played the remaining games, ok now I'm worried
If I remember correctly, I could be wrong, I think he got suspended from the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT