ADVERTISEMENT

Rise Up 915

Ticket update: Senter says between 5 and 6k remain according to Adrian Broaddus

9 major sections currently unavailable on Ticketmaster but still a lot of expensive seats. UTEP will likely need some sort of promotion to sell all those expensive seats if they want a sell out.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/utep/ism/MjJGQjA4Mjc=
Looking at the student section as if you were a student looking for tickets, just about all 5k seats are available. Hopefully students will start grabbing those soon. They are already paid for by student fees but not picked up.

Reactions: picks up
Looking at the student section as if you were a student looking for tickets, just about all 5k seats are available. Hopefully students will start grabbing those soon. They are already paid for by student fees but not picked up.

It's funny that they have a "lottery" for students to get tickets.

Reactions: kickballpro
Good point. Maybe there are closer to 10k tickets available if we are including the student section.

Reactions: denverutep
This will be the first conference game with an announced crowd of over 40k in 15 years.
Fact. But… UTEP rarely leads off a season with a home conference game. Which is coming off a “successful” season, and has their biggest promotion to date.

UTEP got a similar crowd for HBU coming off a horrible season a few years ago.

Fact. But… UTEP rarely leads off a season with a home conference game. Which is coming off a “successful” season, and has their biggest promotion to date.

UTEP got a similar crowd for HBU coming off a horrible season a few years ago.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding your intention, but why qualify it? Who cares why or how? It could have gone the opposite way with the game selling under 25K.

The reasons you gave are common reasons contributing to sellouts or near sellouts. A relatively successful previous season and a quality promotional effort.

Try to enjoy the ride, man.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your intention, but why qualify it? Who cares why or how? It could have gone the opposite way with the game selling under 25K.

The reasons you gave are common reasons contributing to sellouts or near sellouts. A relatively successful previous season and a quality promotional effort.

Try to enjoy the ride, man.
Just saying, this isn’t an “organic” crowd for a conference game. Corona mentioned the conference game aspect. I don’t think fans are going because we’re playing UNT or that it is a CUSA game.

Who says I am not enjoying it? I’m not “shitting” on the poster or the game, just stating that the reasons for the big crowd, aren’t because it’s a CUSA game.

I could have said it has been 14 years since we had a crowd of over 40k for a G5 team. You would have responded with but blah, blah, blah.

The point is simple. It has been a long time since we've seen this kind of thing for a UTEP football game.

"For colleges with minimal attendance at football games, general admission tickets may be distributed free-of-charge. However, institutions with widely attended games sometimes make interested students enter a lottery to compete for tickets. For example, the University of Georgia has students enter a lottery for games against its rivals, South Carolina and Auburn. If your name is selected, payment must be made by a specified date or you forfeit rights to the tickets."https://college.lovetoknow.com/campus-life/how-get-college-football-tickets

"NCAA football can cost as little as $30 but average at $175" (more expensive than NFL) https://www.rookieroad.com/football/how-much-do-football-tickets-cost-5583327/

"Forty percent higher preference among Millennials than Baby Boomers for using social media to obtain information on their favorite team and players"

"More than 60 percent of fans say a great “year-round experience” would make them more likely to be more engaged with the team in the coming season, and 55 percent say it would make them more likely to purchase a ticket in the future"https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pag...g-sports-marketing-strategies-year-round.html

Senter and fan committee is doing a lot of this stuff.

Senter can bring down Saint Peter along with Don Haskins to have some beer and tacos for this game and the poor man would still get crapped on.

UTEP doesn’t need a lottery for student tickets. It’s completely unnecessary for their teams right now.

Fans have already proven they will not pay $30 to see UTEP play Rice and Texas Southern. Most fans will only pay to see a “good opponent” or UTEP is playing extremely well. Other than that, tickets need to be as “cheap” as possible to get 50% full.

"For colleges with minimal attendance at football games, general admission tickets may be distributed free-of-charge. However, institutions with widely attended games sometimes make interested students enter a lottery to compete for tickets. For example, the University of Georgia has students enter a lottery for games against its rivals, South Carolina and Auburn. If your name is selected, payment must be made by a specified date or you forfeit rights to the tickets."https://college.lovetoknow.com/campus-life/how-get-college-football-tickets

That's nothing new.

In the Vince Young/Colt McCoy Longhorn days, students had to pay an extra athletics fee to be eligible for the lotteries. You could end up getting tickets to all games or none. Even when you won, you still had to pay for the tickets you won in the lottery. Seats would be all over the place. I got to sit in the upper deck closer to I-35 than the field for a Kansas game and 1st row on the 30 yrd line against Texas Tech.

Getting basketball tickets for the Kevin Durant games was a sure bet, they couldn't give those away. It's all about demand.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Just saying, this isn’t an “organic” crowd for a conference game. Corona mentioned the conference game aspect. I don’t think fans are going because we’re playing UNT or that it is a CUSA game.

Who says I am not enjoying it? I’m not “shitting” on the poster or the game, just stating that the reasons for the big crowd, aren’t because it’s a CUSA game.
I don’t think there is ONE poster on here who thinks the reason for this big crowd will be due to the conference we are in. Not one.

However, the reality is, we are in CUSA. That’s the conference in which the majority of opponents on our schedule are from. It IS what it IS.

In the 80s, 90s and early 2000s crowds weren’t big because it was a WAC game. People were there to watch a UTEP game. Yes, there were better rivalries when in the WAC, but the conference was/is secondary at best. Sounded like you were putting the cart before the horse.

If anything, UNT is one of the more interesting games in that we’re playing a Texas team, that has had our number, who is leaving the conference for greener pastures. Add in that we have a legit shot at winning and those are good reasons for people to come out

I didn’t necessarily think you were shitting on anyone or anything, which is why I stated I may not be understanding your intention for the statement you made. I guess it’s not a surprise that you wouldn’t agree and post that it’s a positive thing to have near a sellout, though.

UTEP ought to play up the fact that we should give North Texas a good send off since this will be the last time we play them as a conference opponent. One, the chance to stick it to a team that doesn't want to play us anymore. Two, get a conference win under our belts to start the season off. Three, get a win period to start the season off right, and a home win at that. Accomplish this, and the Miners really start off strong, even if we do play Oklahoma the following week. We'll be Oklahoma's first game. If UTEP can get the first game jitters out of the way, maybe we can keep them from just absolutely mauling us. Go Miners.

UTEP ought to play up the fact that we should give North Texas a good send off since this will be the last time we play them as a conference opponent. One, the chance to stick it to a team that doesn't want to play us anymore. Two, get a conference win under our belts to start the season off. Three, get a win period to start the season off right, and a home win at that. Accomplish this, and the Miners really start off strong, even if we do play Oklahoma the following week. We'll be Oklahoma's first game. If UTEP can get the first game jitters out of the way, maybe we can keep them from just absolutely mauling us. Go Miners.
Man. So much the on the line! I'm getting nervous. Can we really win one of these big games?

I don’t think there is ONE poster on here who thinks the reason for this big crowd will be due to the conference we are in. Not one.

However, the reality is, we are in CUSA. That’s the conference in which the majority of opponents on our schedule are from. It IS what it IS.

In the 80s, 90s and early 2000s crowds weren’t big because it was a WAC game. People were there to watch a UTEP game. Yes, there were better rivalries when in the WAC, but the conference was/is secondary at best. Sounded like you were putting the cart before the horse.

If anything, UNT is one of the more interesting games in that we’re playing a Texas team, that has had our number, who is leaving the conference for greener pastures. Add in that we have a legit shot at winning and those are good reasons for people to come out

I didn’t necessarily think you were shitting on anyone or anything, which is why I stated I may not be understanding your intention for the statement you made. I guess it’s not a surprise that you wouldn’t agree and post that it’s a positive thing to have near a sellout, though.
It is a positive thing to be close to a sellout. Though for context, no other game has had the “advantages” that this game does.

UTEP ought to play up the fact that we should give North Texas a good send off since this will be the last time we play them as a conference opponent. One, the chance to stick it to a team that doesn't want to play us anymore.

Bull. UNT was just an inferior replacement for Houston and SMU. I would bet there are really no fans upset we won’t be playing UNT anymore. Maybe some Dallas area fans, who won’t see the Miners every year or so, but El Paso could care less about UNT.

They don’t want to play us anymore? I seriously doubt that is why they left CUSA. That’s just a cheerleader statement, that you don’t actually believe or you are dumb.

It is a positive thing to be close to a sellout. Though for context, no other game has had the “advantages” that this game does.
I wouldn’t disagree with that. Regardless of the “whys”, this is the kind of opportunity that can generate some excitement. On the flip side, any momentum can turn on a dime with an unfavorable outcome.

I wouldn’t disagree with that. Regardless of the “whys”, this is the kind of opportunity that can generate some excitement. On the flip side, any momentum can turn on a dime with an unfavorable outcome.
It's hard for me to get excited during pre season anymore due to all the burn outs I've experienced as a fan. Win and we could be looking at the first three home games with crowds over 40k. Something I truly believed had been lost forever. Or of course crap the bed and be lucky to see any crowd of 6 digits the rest of the season.

I wouldn’t put too much weight on that. A lot depends on the opponent of the bowl and what UTEP’s record is going into it.
That’s just my own bottom line. Dimel said give him 5 years. Fair enough. Produce. Just having a couple 7-5 seasons with a couple bowl losses is not turning it around, imo. So, I put a lot of weight on it. It’s not like we’re gonna draw some juggernaut in a bowl game.

I suppose if he had a 9-3 season, then lost the bowl game, I probably wouldn’t consider it “bust”. But aside from a great regular season, he’s gotta win a bowl game. It’s just my own expectation and I’ve been saying it since the end of last December.

It's hard for me to get excited during pre season anymore due to all the burn outs I've experienced as a fan. Win and we could be looking at the first three home games with crowds over 40k. Something I truly believed had been lost forever. Or of course crap the bed and be lucky to see any crowd of 6 digits the rest of the season.
NMSU game will depend on the performance of the first two games and how they look too. Good chance at a good crowd.

Boise, since it’s on a Friday, I don’t expect a good crowd, unless the Miners are 3-1. Boise plays Oregon St their 1st game, so they probably won’t be Top 25 when they play here.

I agree with your “optimistic” view. Hard to get excited about Miner football/basketball since they lose every big game and usually get blown out.

That’s just my own bottom line. Dimel said give him 5 years. Fair enough. Produce. Just having a couple 7-5 seasons with a couple bowl losses is not turning it around, imo. So, I put a lot of weight on it. It’s not like we’re gonna draw some juggernaut in a bowl game.

I suppose if he had a 9-3 season, then lost the bowl game, I probably wouldn’t consider it “bust”. But aside from a great regular season, he’s gotta win a bowl game. It’s just my own expectation and I’ve been saying it since the end of last December.

Fair. I just don’t think if the Miners go 6-6 and then he beats Wyoming in the NM Bowl, that makes this season “good”. If the Miners go 10-2 and lose in a better bowl to a better opponent, I would consider that a good season and actual progress.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Fair. I just don’t think if the Miners go 6-6 and then he beats Wyoming in the NM Bowl, that makes this season “good”. If the Miners go 10-2 and lose in a better bowl to a better opponent, I would consider that a good season and actual progress.
At this point, I’m all about getting the monkey off our back. Taking home some hardware. Win a ****ing bowl game for gawd’s sake. I don’t care who it’s against.

I think it would generate more interest in the program than having a really good season but losing the bowl game. It would also garner more national attention.

“Miners strike gold. Win bowl game for the first time in FIFTY FIVE years!!!” - (ESPN and all other national sporting news outlets)

NMSU game will depend on the performance of the first two games and how they look too. Good chance at a good crowd.

Boise, since it’s on a Friday, I don’t expect a good crowd, unless the Miners are 3-1. Boise plays Oregon St their 1st game, so they probably won’t be Top 25 when they play here.

I agree with your “optimistic” view. Hard to get excited about Miner football/basketball since they lose every big game and usually get blown out.
Oregon St hasn't been good. It's a winnable game for them. A 4-0 top 25 Boise vs a 3-1 UTEP would be close to a sell out.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
NoNCAAwins is right that North Texas was an inferior replacement for Houston or SMU, but I didn't mean that to be a cheerleader statement. Other than being a Texas team, were the Mean Green ever even remotely a rivalry with the Miners in any sport?

11 sections now unavailable and 4 sections with single seats. UTEP either closed some sections or they sold a lot today

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT