ADVERTISEMENT

Should Locksley play WR??

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
He would probably make the NFL at WR.

I think if he doesn't show any improvement against NMSU he should play WR.

But I still don't want Metz at QB play the other QBs.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
That's what UT wanted when they had him. He's a great athlete no doubt. He missed throws today and I'm sure there are plays and routes the coaches aren't running because he can't make the throws. But how much of it is the terrible receivers?

I definitely think we should try one of the other qbs if were getting blown out.

Kai's ability as a runner at least gives us another threat.

That's what UT wanted when they had him. He's a great athlete no doubt. He missed throws today and I'm sure there are plays and routes the coaches aren't running because he can't make the throws. But how much of it is the terrible receivers?

I definitely think we should try one of the other qbs if were getting blown out.

Kai's ability as a runner at least gives us another threat.

Actually, he was moved to WR because he was acting like a knucklehead. As punishment, the qb coach moved him to wr until he became mature.

Why would you move Wadley to reciever he is a great running back.

Locksley cant play qb unless we start running the option. He cant make simple throws he missed wide open receivers all day. Missed wide open receiver s on two plays that would have been touchdowns.

because I think we have better running back depth than wr depth... and he could get the separation the others probably couldnt and it could give us an option at receiver.... i mean they are hardly giving him the ball anyway --- how about use his speed in space

because I think we have better running back depth than wr depth... and he could get the separation the others probably couldnt and it could give us an option at receiver.... i mean they are hardly giving him the ball anyway --- how about use his speed in space

The recievers right now arent the problem. If the watched the game today we had gutmys open all day. Locksley simply cant make throws.

Wadley is a 1500 yd back if you get him the ball. Hes as talented a back as we've had a UTEP. He needs to get the ball 20-25 times a game.

The recievers right now arent the problem. If the watched the game today we had gutmys open all day. Locksley simply cant make throws.

Wadley is a 1500 yd back if you get him the ball. Hes as talented a back as we've had a UTEP. He needs to get the ball 20-25 times a game.

That is the problem was not able to see todays game, Going to see if i can catch a replay.... thanks for the info... any reasons on why he is not getting the ball consistently?

Lockley's QBR was 8.1 yesterday. He completed <40% of his passes for a grand total of 39 yards. I don't think he ran for much better. He blew some big opportunities in a fairly close game in SEC country. We won't see any improvement on offense if this continues.

Even the scoring play by Wadley against NAU was only because he grabbed the bad pass with one hand.

There is no doubt that our QB situation is becoming more dire by the week. Easy to see that Locksley is a tremendous athlete, however my concerns with him leading this team under center are increasing each game he plays. I have no idea what the answer is because #1 and #2 clearly separated themselves from the pack, and we’ve seen how that has worked out. Not giving up on him yet, but damn, game plan around his strengths at least, please.

In all the college games on TV yesterday the teams were scoring and moving ball at will. QB's we're hitting their targets, WR's we're making remarkable catches plus the routine catches. O lines were protecting and opening holes. Running backs we're getting large chunks at a time. Everyone on here is aware of some of the ridiculous scores put up, even by the losers.
In the meantime we are grasping to find anything to be pleased about after a whopping zero points, seven first downs, etc. This year will end and we'll likely be asking the same questions and wondering if it will ever change. You can blame the coaching and the players as well, but in my opinion we won't win until the talent level makes it possible. Got to have QB's that can hit their targets and WR's that can catch the ball with a line that gives them the chance to do so.
The biggest challenge today is for the coaches to get the high quality players to come to UTEP in the first place when there are so many other proven existing programs that are inviting them. To see UNT pull this off is encouraging, but mind boggling as well.

There is not much parody in college football. Only a few select mid-major schools have ever been able to compete at the highest level, or even against the low level power 5 schools. For us to go years without competing in one of the worst conferences is what's mind boggling for me. No power 5 wins and no bowl wins when we've had 50+ years to try is just dumb.

Unfortunately we will never have a wide open offense with our athletes if we run pro-style or RPO. Even with Aaron Jones we could only do so much. I think we all agree that we will need to throw to win

you have to have balance to win..... you need to be able to do both...and I am pretty sure thats what you meant but just in case

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT