ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day

In reality all we lost was one WR but gained a few more 3 star recruits by not announcing the class in December. I’ll take that trade any year.

Reactions: EPTUTEP and jdubb66
They also got a steal in broussard.... second and third highest rated recruits in utep history just this year with hankins. Jerome wilson is in the top 10 of that too
Feels good to beat out RICE for his services. They were onto him first. Rivals and 247 had him 100% projected to commit to RICE.

It is funny how Hankins dropped from a 5.7 ranking to a 5.5. He will probably become a 2 star in the next few days.

Jett Kinsch is another new name. It's easy to see that some of the players we're seeing this morning are on another level athletically than others in recent history.

Reactions: kickballpro
I love the fact that UTEP is putting some effort into these signing day videos. I love that they’re not reusing the same UTEP opening for every player and giving it some variety. May seem like a small detail, but when you watch a couple it keeps it fresh and engaging. A real tangible step forward in to how this program markets themselves.

The only name that I don't think we have seen confirmed yet is Juice Tupua, who was actually our very first commitment.

I never saw a confirmed visit from him or really any news recently regarding him.

for those of you interested in watching the signing day TV programming....
  1. We’re about 30 minutes out from our Miners All Access #SigningDay show! Tune in on @KFOX14 or watch on the KFOX Facebook page / http://kfoxtv.com to see the newest faces of the @UTEPFB program
    1f3c8.png

Reactions: jdubb66
I have noticed that some the guys we have recruited will change positions like Michael Young will play Fullback and was listed as a linebacker while Tanner Boston will play Long Snapper and he was listed as a tight end.

Football recruits being downgraded once signing at UTEP has been going on since Mike Price was coaching here. Aggravating but to be expected. Back in the day, TCU was hot on the trail of a Wide Receiver rated as a high three star. Coach Price signed him and he immediately was dropped down to a mid level two star. But it looks like this is the most three star recruits the Miners have gotten in one class in forever. If Dimel can do this for a couple of seasons we may actually have a pretty good team. Let's hope so. I hope Goodwin pans out at QB. If he and Hankins both do well, we're going to have something. And it looks like Dimel is paying attention to signing linemen on both sides of the line. We need that. That was one failing Price had. He could put a first rate backfield and receivers on the field, but both the offensive and defensive lines were very porous. Go Miners.

Reactions: Lil_Train
The only name that I don't think we have seen confirmed yet is Juice Tupua, who was actually our very first commitment.

I never saw a confirmed visit from him or really any news recently regarding him.

He's listed on the UTEP website. But you can't click on his link.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Good Job on Tupua. It looks like he was our first commitment and our last announcement. I am intrigued to see what type of player he turns out to be.

What happened to Ronathan Elmore?

Dimel mentioned on the radio this morning that they signed a JC guy who then didn't qualify when grades came out. He had to be referring to Elmore. He also claimed that this was one reason why they didn't announce the December signee's, because he wanted to make sure that the JC guys qualified before announcing them.

Reactions: axingfools1
Same happened to Jones lol Who cares we know how good he is.

I think the most important thing about Hankins signing is the symbolism. Jones didnt have a p5 offer. Hankins had four and chose UTEP that gives the program credibility with other recruits. Cant overstate how big a get this is for Dimel. Biggest signing for UTEP in at least the last ten years.

This class is addressing all our needs and looks very solid. UTEP was able to hold on to some top level recruits despite pressure from some P5 programs. Hankins is the jewel of this class and most importantly the best El Paso HS recruit this year. In previous years, UTEP would have lost these type of players. UTEP now needs to start winning games and this will in turn attract better quality recruits in the coming years.

We’re up to 114 nationally and 13/14 in CUSA on 247. I’m happy with that after going 1-23 the last two years.

Reactions: minermx07
Earlier today 247 listed 7 three star players and now we have 8. Not sure if we hot someone else or someone gained a star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT