ADVERTISEMENT

SMU head coach search

Not at all JC. I'm sure the west side Y still has the jerseys of a few of the guys on this board hanging up in the rafters to this day. LoL.
Some Miner BB alumni definitely used to play pickup games there from time to time. Luster Goodwin comes to mind.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I played Antonio Gillespie 1 on 1 at Lee Moor. I was like a freshman in high school and he was a senior I think.

teacher-you-need-cross-multiply-which-one-you-multiply-meme-bd257b387c860c5c-e1a4983a0d7e5de9.jpg

Back to Twitter searches and checking on this board until SMU hires someone. Kind of feels like our coaching search all over again.

Wasn’t everyone bitching that we paid the basketball coaches too much.
If he gets an offer good for him. Hopefully he says for a couple of years. If not, on to the next coach.
Would people on this board be willing to pony up more for tickets to give Golding a little bump in his wages?

They won’t buy tickets now. How many times did people talk about the high ticket prices. Myself included.

How much more?
UTEP won’t be able to compete with SMU salary wise. But let’s just say UTEP gives him 300k extra to make it an even 1 million a year. The Miners averaged 4,701 over 18 home games. So 300,000/84,618= $3.55. Do we just call it an even $5.00?

UTEP won’t be able to compete with SMU salary wise. But let’s just say UTEP gives him 300k extra to make it an even 1 million a year. The Miners averaged 4,701 over 18 home games. So 300,000/84,618= $3.55. Do we just call it an even $5.00?

You can always start a Go Fund Me page. I'll donate.

Didn't people pay thousands to go see Bad Bunny? El Pasoans could afford higher ticket prices.

Always one or two

Thanks for the link. And you're right that it was one or two people who paid $1,000 for a front row ticket. The average person who went didn't pay close to that.

The people who went to Bad Bunny don’t show up to anything for UTEP. Evidently you don’t understand the El Paso market. If it’s local it’s garbage. If it’s the “ in thing” they will dish out money.
I personally don’t understand why Utep can’t get more support. Guess EP doesn’t understand that if the want the Miners to be better than need the dollars.
Bad Bunny at the time was a super hot ticket everywhere he went. Haven’t heard much about him lately but that’s not my generation.

The people who went to Bad Bunny don’t show up to anything for UTEP. Evidently you don’t understand the El Paso market. If it’s local it’s garbage. If it’s the “ in thing” they will dish out money.
I personally don’t understand why Utep can’t get more support. Guess EP doesn’t understand that if the want the Miners to be better than need the dollars.
Bad Bunny at the time was a super hot ticket everywhere he went. Haven’t heard much about him lately but that’s not my generation.

If they can get a ton of likes for their Instagram, they will buy tickets.

Last night I saw some clown in the middle of the traffic circle on the Westside Country Club Road, in front of the circle K.

Dude had a ski jacket and sun glasses and accessories. And they're taking pictures blocking the road for a stupid photo shoot.

I dont know, if this is normal, I'm old.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
This has been talked about before. When is the next time Bad Bunny is coming to El Paso? UTEP will probably have 8 home games in November and December. Then they will have 8 more in January thru March. Every single school year going forward.

What would the basketball equivalent of a Bad Bunny concert be? #10 UCLA vs # 1 Duke? UTEP vs FIU is the equivalent of Ram Jam and Kajagoogoo. People in El Paso aren’t paying $1000 for Ram Jam tickets either.

This has been talked about before. When is the next time Bad Bunny is coming to El Paso? UTEP will probably have 8 home games in November and December. Then they will have 8 more in January thru March. Every single school year going forward.

What would the basketball equivalent of a Bad Bunny concert be? #10 UCLA vs # 1 Duke? UTEP vs FIU is the equivalent of Ram Jam and Kajagoogoo. People in El Paso aren’t paying $1000 for Ram Jam tickets either.
Thanks for putting it in perspective. The buzz of the 90s and even what Barbee had in 2010 just isn't there yet, but it can get there and Golding was the right hire if he stays long enough. I don't think this generation will ever be like ours, because we experienced UTEP success first hand and they haven't. However sustained success will definitely help and I think have us still leading the league in attendance.

That's not the point. People always saying that El Paso is a cheap city and people here don't have money. Bad Bunny isnt the only one that comes. How much was Ice Cube and Monster trucks ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT