ADVERTISEMENT

So WHEN do they hire new coach?

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
As soon as possible?

Or do they wait when season is over?

And what if they hire a coach before season ends. Does the new coach start coaching games this season?

They are not going to hire a coach before the season ends. We haven't even hired our AD yet.

They are saying Bob Stull is going to hire new coach. Bob Stull is still AD until end of season.

And why wouldnt you hire new coach now? I think they cant wait. Want new coach to start recruiting right away and hire his coaching staff.

Oh boy!

Seriously, you think any coach worth a damn is going to leave their current job in the middle of the year? Maybe UTEP just wants to wait it out for a few coaches to get fired and pick from there!

Perhaps prior to the bowl games will be the earliest a hire will be completed.

Waiting until end of season is a mistake. Utep has the jump start at coaching search. If utep waits until end of better jobs will be opening up and utep will have pick from the leftovers again.

I dont believe he isnt running things. I think he will haveva say on who the next coach is. If he isnt AD then there should be no reason for him to be doing press conferences.

Again for those who either don't know, or pay attention. Stull is still acting AD until new AD is in place. New AD search is being handled by outside Agency and being interviewed by Agency and President. Until then Stull is calling the shots. His last day will be when the new AD starts.

Reactions: axingfools1
Again for those who either don't know, or pay attention. Stull is still acting AD until new AD is in place. New AD search is being handled by outside Agency and being interviewed by Agency and President. Until then Stull is calling the shots. His last day will be when the new AD starts.

Perhaps it was a rhetorical question that Fili asked.

Since UTEP keeps head coaches on long term (extending) contracts and our President is good with just a competitive conference team, there is only thing I’m looking forward to: Spring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT