ADVERTISEMENT

Spring football practice thoughts

With Spring Ball just ending, it wouldn’t surprise me if Dimel is having some “honest conversations” with a few guys this week. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a couple of more departures to come. When directly asked about certain players over the past year, I have heard Dimel politely say things like “we would like to see him work on this” when referring to Fields, or “we would like to see him play to his potential” when referring to Christian Johnson. Maybe it was mutually decided that the two sides didn’t have the same vision for their role moving forward.

As for the future of the RB spot. Based on some of his interviews, I get the feeling that Dimel is higher on Jalen Joseph than his recruiting profile would indicate. When he first committed, I thought he might be a grey shirt, but I then heard Dimel speak positively about him multiple times. In one interview, when Dimel was asked about Hankins possibly getting some carries as a true freshman, Dimel went out of his way to mention that Joseph could also possibly work his way into some carries as a true freshman as well.

As for Fields, he looked incredible in high school, but that same speed and quickness never translated to D1, at least not in the limited times that we saw him play. I wish him luck and hope that he can find a good fit somewhere.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT