ADVERTISEMENT

Staying in C-USA vs Going

Add the schools coming in NMSU, Jacksonville St., Liberty, Sam Houston St. and that winning percentage goes even higher!!!!

This is being driven by football, not basketball.
That's known already, but I still would love to be in a quality basketball conference that has the opportunity of multiple leagues. UTEP is still more of a basketball school at heart. I hope for a decent football conference and Utep to continue to be on the rise there as well obviously!

Reactions: groundrounds
I'm happy we lost most of the weak basketball teams. CUSA has been huge since v2. It'll be nice to have fewer schools so we can feel like we have rivalries. Hopefully the conference's football will improve along with ours.
However, if the Mountain West come calling, I say we go. It's a no-brainer.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
I'm happy we lost most of the weak basketball teams. CUSA has been huge since v2. It'll be nice to have fewer schools so we can feel like we have rivalries. Hopefully the conference's football will improve along with ours.
However, if the Mountain West come calling, I say we go. It's a no-brainer.
I think Liberty will dominate in football. They will be like a Boise St.

Reactions: groundrounds
More NCAA teams more money
I didn’t see anything in the original post alluding to what’s driving the conference, or anything about money.

I took the post at face value, that by indicating the records, the poster is pointing out how this conference stacks up as a basketball conference.

Maybe I’m the one that’s off base though.

Last edited:
More NCAA teams more money
Don't see it being a multi bid league. Any school that is in C-USA 3.0 that waste any amount of time or money on hoops is going to end up in very bad place next realignment. We got pretty lucky how realignment shook out. It could have been fatal for the athletic department. I know all the schools in C-USA 3.0 realize the only way to improve your standing is by improving football ( record, facilities, and salaries. There are two schools I'm don't think understand this as well as the others. I hope after all this we get it but I'm not convinced.

Don't see it being a multi bid league. Any school that is in C-USA 3.0 that waste any amount of time or money on hoops is going to end up in very bad place next realignment. We got pretty lucky how realignment shook out. It could have been fatal for the athletic department. I know all the schools in C-USA 3.0 realize the only way to improve your standing is by improving football ( record, facilities, and salaries. There are two schools I'm don't think understand this as well as the others. I hope after all this we get it but I'm not convinced.
If multiple schools are ranked in top 50 it'll take care of itself and I see that as a distinct possibility. There will be more teams ranked in top 100 top to bottom therefore higher conference rating, higher team ratings therefore multiple bids .. see Mountain West....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT