ADVERTISEMENT

Stefon Jackson # being Honored

Stephon was awesome. If I remember correctly, Haskins got clobbered by NCAA penalties because of tennis shoes in Jackson's final seasons. He went on to score like crazy as the teams lost a lot of games because of a depleted roster.
Is my memory close to what really happened? I've slept since then.

Very negative posts. Stop complaining. Just buy your $9.15 ticket and then move down to wherever you want. That is very moral. Hopefully UTEP doesn’t hire UConn assistant Kimani Young because he committed a crime 20 years ago.

$9.15 tickets are sold out.

Stephon was awesome. If I remember correctly, Haskins got clobbered by NCAA penalties because of tennis shoes in Jackson's final seasons. He went on to score like crazy as the teams lost a lot of games because of a depleted roster.
Is my memory close to what really happened? I've slept since then.

Who's Stephon?

Haskins didn't coach Stefon Jackson.

Very negative posts. Stop complaining. Just buy your $9.15 ticket and then move down to wherever you want. That is very moral. Hopefully UTEP doesn’t hire UConn assistant Kimani Young because he committed a crime 20 years ago.
Ok Karen.

Only a Karen think like that.
Karen is so racist. Why can’t it be Shaquandra? 🤡
Los Tres Pinche Weyes.

f02a986f0332ed69a2d4eae43943c013.gif

3 in 1. It's almost funny how one guy pretending to be a multitude keeps talking to himselves. Kinda sick actually. Probably makes an awesome circlejerk.

Huh? You thought Stefon Jackson played for Don Haskins.

Why are you talking about circlejerks? 😳

7. Stefon jackson, Basketball 2005-09
A scorer in the purest of ways is the best way to describe Stefon Jackson’s game. He left UTEP as the school’s all-time leading scorer and rewrote the Conference USA record books with his 2,456 points and 19.6 points per game average.

If it weren’t for a broken jaw his freshman year, the scoring numbers would have been even better, Jackson is one of only six Miners to average more than 20 points per game twice. The only downside to Jackson’s career is that he didn’t have a team that matched his play.

At the end of the day, Jackson is the greatest scoring guard El Paso has ever seen and that is saying something with the long list of great Miner guards that have come through UTEP–Nolan Richardson, Nate Archibald and Tim Hardaway.

A scorer in the purest of ways is the best way to describe Stefon Jackson’s game. He left UTEP as the school’s all-time leading scorer and rewrote the Conference USA record books with his 2,456 points and 19.6 points per game average.

If it weren’t for a broken jaw his freshman year, the scoring numbers would have been even better, Jackson is one of only six Miners to average more than 20 points per game twice. The only downside to Jackson’s career is that he didn’t have a team that matched his play.

At the end of the day, Jackson is the greatest scoring guard El Paso has ever seen and that is saying something with the long list of great Miner guards that have come through UTEP–Nolan Richardson, Nate Archibald and Tim Hardaway.

I didn't realize Don Haskins was coaching from 2005-2009. 😂

You guys don’t remember the big shoes scandal that Stefon, Haskins, and Nolan Richardson were all part of? The NCAA has punished us since 2010 by banning us from NCAA tournament

• Haha
Reactions: EPUTEP

Reactions: MinerFan79

Yes, most of us know who he is, while you seem to think he played for Don Haskins.

They should at least hand the mic 🎤 to the players and let them speak to the crowd for a minute. It would have nice to hear from the 2004 team

I agree. It was so rushed again.

I really liked when Jim Bowden introduced the honored players years ago. He spoke for a few minutes and had the player speak as well.

Jordan Poole never really bounced back from the Draymond fight.

How Stefon and JDub were able to continue to play together and both be successful - it’s pretty remarkable.
I remember reading him talk about it years ago, and he said he asked for him to be reinstated because of the team. But by his senior year he did say that he still wasn’t over it’, and he wasn’t cool with Williams. Someone might have a better recollection of what he said but that’s the way I remember it. But at the time Jackson was definitely the bigger man.

Nice!

UTEP: "Ok Stefon, right after the 5 year olds finish a dribbling exhibition and we have the Alamo Auto Supply human wheelbarrow race and we let the band play, run out there, we'll show a quick 20 second grainy video, take a picture, then run off. Got it?"
On point!

Something interesting from post game:

Jackson mentioned on MinerTalk that if there was NIL when he played, he wouldn't have been here all four years. I get it but it was a hard truth to hear.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Something interesting from post game:

Jackson mentioned on MinerTalk that if there was NIL when he played, he wouldn't have been here all four years. I get it but it was a hard truth to hear.
I tuned in right after they asked him what three players he was most impressed by and I heard him say David Terrel Jr. But I didn’t hear who the other two were. Just curious if you caught the other two. Obviously Hardy but who else?

I tuned in right after they asked him what three players he was most impressed by and I heard him say David Terrel Jr. But I didn’t hear who the other two were. Just curious if you caught the other two. Obviously Hardy but who else?
Gotta be OFIII.

Reactions: jdubb66
Zid and Tae were the other two

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT