ADVERTISEMENT

Suckers!

Nugget 07

All Star
Mar 8, 2007
Hate to say it, but I told you folks to bail on this team after the utsa debacle. It was an embarrassment to the university. But no, the faithful stayed on the wagon hoping this team would make a run in the CUSA tourney, make the NCAA, so you could rub it in the faces of realists. Well not only is the men's season over, but the women also got their asses handed to them in Birmingham. The cries for the women being ranked are over. The cries for Tim Floyd is a God are over. You could have prevented all of this stress by simply dropping the team after the utsa game, just saying.

Am I a fan, yes. But a fan of the UTEP Miners, not a fan of the Kool-Aid Stull & Co. shove down your throat.

Reactions: Realm-Fx
The faithful will always be there. You can jump over the bridge as far as I am concern.
And please don't make a mess cause you mom ain't here to clean up your mess.

Go Miners....

You're not a real Miners fan. We knew that long before you brain farted and diarrheaed this pointless and meaningless drivel.

You see, as true fans, we NEVER EVER give up on our Miners, not under any circumstances. There's been worse basketball seasons experienced on Glory Road...far worse. Yet, we didn't give up on those young men and their coaches then. No...we still supported them. We showed up to the games, watched them on the road, and carried with us in every contest the belief we could win, would win. We bitch and moan when they lose. We celebrate their wins. And, you know why, non-fan? Because we love UTEP. We love and support them through the good and bad, and as a result, we never give up on them. We never stopped believing in this team.
You are in the minority. Sucks to be you.

Hate to say it, but I told you folks to bail on this team after the utsa debacle. It was an embarrassment to the university. But no, the faithful stayed on the wagon hoping this team would make a run in the CUSA tourney, make the NCAA, so you could rub it in the faces of realists. Well not only is the men's season over, but the women also got their asses handed to them in Birmingham. The cries for the women being ranked are over. The cries for Tim Floyd is a God are over. You could have prevented all of this stress by simply dropping the team after the utsa game, just saying.

Am I a fan, yes. But a fan of the UTEP Miners, not a fan of the Kool-Aid Stull & Co. shove down your throat.

Let's take the bolded statements one at a time:

1. Bail on the team? What true fan "bails" on their team?

2. That's what the faithful fan does, he never leaves the wagon in the first place...even if he dislikes the coach, AD, etc.

3. I don't follow any team to rub shit in anybody's face. I've never heard a worse reason to become or remain a fan.

4. Congratulations on avoiding all the stress by dropping this team. So you just jump back on the wagon next year, or when you feel like things are going well?

5. You are a fan of the UTEP Miners? Have you ever read the definition of a fan?

Conclusion: We have very different definitions of what it means to be a fan, and very different reasons for being a fan. To each their own.

I'm back on board next season. Perhaps Floyd will be gone, or he will have the program turned around. How is it possible folks, that we stand for mediocrity? The Women, had a great season, unfortunate way to end their run. But the men, how is it OK to watch your program crumble and not say anything about it?

Let's make UTEP great again!

If you were a real fan - you wouldn't be deriding other fans. But I guess you're entitled to an opinion.

I get it you must be one of those fans that left early after WKU took a 19 point lead (if you were even there).

I'm back on board next season. Perhaps Floyd will be gone, or he will have the program turned around. How is it possible folks, that we stand for mediocrity? The Women, had a great season, unfortunate way to end their run. But the men, how is it OK to watch your program crumble and not say anything about it?

Let's make UTEP great again!

You might disagree, but that is the very definition of a bandwagon fan. Picking and choosing when you support a team. Step off when it's bad, get back on when it's good, or when it's a fresh start.

I can't speak for anybody but myself, but mediocrity holds no appeal for me. But because my team is mediocre at this point in time, doesn't mean I'll abandon ship. Being a fan can be tough at times. I'll say this, and a lot of people just don't get it, but the depth of one's fandom is dependent upon the ability to embrace the best of the best of times, along with the worst of the worst times.

That doesn't mean I have to like everything that's going on within the program. That doesn't mean that I don't think change could be a good thing.

I usually like your posts, as you bring a fair share of realism to the forum. So none of what I'm saying is in judgement towards you, but can a true fan, by definition, really jump on and off the wagon at will?

Reactions: jamasterj
Bail? My view of bailing is Las Crucens bailing on NMSU football and now it's taken its toll. The difference here is El Pasoans whine and complain loud, especially on social media. However, UTEP leads in attendance. 7k plus is attendance is not bad for an underperforming head coach. Keep supporting UTEP but complain about UTEP performance of coaches is warranted. Floyd's relabeling this a "rebuilding year" is political repackaging of a product because he screwed the pooch on problematic high risk recruits. Just never bail.

My post was overall in poor taste, channeling my anger with Stull, Floyd, and the program in general, to the choir.

Fact is the program has gone nowhere with Floyd, and I am tired of the propaganda Stull and Floyd throw out to the media. The media in EP is soft, and they swallow it all, I don't.

I am a fan. Believe it or not, bigger fan than most think. As a fan base, we need to annoy the hell out of Stull's inbox. Let him know we are angry with the direction of the program--enough is enough.

Let's make UTEP basketball great again. Bring it back from the depths of hell.

Reactions: UTEPy79
My post was overall in poor taste, channeling my anger with Stull, Floyd, and the program in general, to the choir.

Fact is the program has gone nowhere with Floyd, and I am tired of the propaganda Stull and Floyd throw out to the media. The media in EP is soft, and they swallow it all, I don't.

I am a fan. Believe it or not, bigger fan than most think. As a fan base, we need to annoy the hell out of Stull's inbox. Let him know we are angry with the direction of the program--enough is enough.

Let's make UTEP basketball great again. Bring it back from the depths of hell.
Where do you get this WE S***! Put big money where your mouth is and fund the Programs big time!

No, you are not a Miner fan. You are a troll and one of those sad losers who can only feel good when they are criticizing and deprecating those who really are loyal fans. You are not a realist. You are simply vituperative. Go away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT