ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Stull...

F Stull. Aggies make a bowl and win it. Have owned our asses in bb. Stull is to blame for keeping Kugler too long. And Tim Floyd as well. I hope Senter doesn't become one of the good ol boys. And gets too relaxed in EP. He needs to stay on his toes. This program has become so bad. It's depressing

This is what happens when you blindly support and keep showing up. You get crappy teams and Frank Ray for your halftime show.

#DontGoIfItSucks

There is enough blame to go around: Grandma Natalicio and her “I do more with less” horsesh*t. Bob Stull with his “Good Ol’ Boy” nonsense, all the while Kugler was running a disaster of a football program, and Floyd was getting his ass handed to him by NMSU. Let’s not forget those old school boosters who swore that this program was on the right track.

Let’s turn the page. 3 of the 4 are gone! (THANK GOODNESS ). The fourth shouldn’t be president to much longer.

Lame and stupid!! Don't go if it sucks .... that really helps!

Actually it does. At real schools, if fans cause a big scene and stop going/supporting, coaches are shown the door.

Here, the AD tells us the Calvary is coming and we beat a bunch of crap schools. Then people like you say, "next year will be different". It never is. Rinse and repeat. You have coaches that are here too long and nobody cares.

You would not spend your money at a crappy restaurant over and over again. Why should fans be expected to do the same?

You're just like Bernie. Blaming NMSU's bowl game on low Sun Bowl attendance. Like that many Las Crucens were clambering to come see NC St vs AZ st with Frank Ray as the halftime performer. GTFO with that shizz

Reactions: kickballpro
We have seen the fruits of all the underachieving at UTEP, there are so many people in El Paso from students to Alumni who are ashamed of the athletic program. I think we all understand how hard it is to root for a school that constantly lets you down. And as much as I want to place all the blame on Stull and co this all starts at the top and “Grandma Natalicio” and her career of “woe is me, we do more with less.”

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Actually it does. At real schools, if fans cause a big scene and stop going/supporting, coaches are shown the door.

Here, the AD tells us the Calvary is coming and we beat a bunch of crap schools. Then people like you say, "next year will be different". It never is. Rinse and repeat. You have coaches that are here too long and nobody cares.

You would not spend your money at a crappy restaurant over and over again. Why should fans be expected to do the same?

You're just like Bernie. Blaming NMSU's bowl game on low Sun Bowl attendance. Like that many Las Crucens were clambering to come see NC St vs AZ st with Frank Ray as the halftime performer. GTFO with that shizz

At real schools?? You forget I follow Oregon football and have for many years?? In 1991 Oregon football went 3-8 and then had back to back average seasons and yet fans filled up their stadium because at real schools the fans understand that the money being brought in is to support and help the program grow.... narrow minded thinking leads to narrow minded results

1991 Oregon? Yeah, great example.......

27 years ago? A lot has changed since then. Again, you're on another level and not "hip" to this new world.

A lot of schools/teams can have a couple of down years because they are consistently winning. Let’s be honest, UTEP hasn’t been that good in a long time. They are lucky they have the attendance they have now.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
1991 Oregon? Yeah, great example.......

27 years ago? A lot has changed since then. Again, you're on another level and not "hip" to this new world.

Again you are missin the whole point... Oregon football used to be a cellar dweller and fan support was still there .... you just don't understand .... and I have been through many losing seasons at utep..... you support your team... you don't just support them when things are going good! That's lame!

Reactions: Cube Jack
Again you are missin the whole point... Oregon football used to be a cellar dweller and fan support was still there .... you just don't understand .... and I have been through many losing seasons at utep..... you support your team... you don't just support them when things are going good! That's lame!

El Paso has supported UTEP long enough and has received very little in return. You should support your team when they are down, but how long is acceptable for that? Look at Kansas football, nobody goes because they don't win. Constant losing, drives fans away. You can't support forever and expect winning overnight.

Besides that, fans DO NOT win games. Lots of games have under 10,000 fans and there's always a winner. FAU can't even draw UTEP numbers and they still won games this year. It's not the fans, it's the coaches and players.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Although I agree with Purple that fans need to support the program no matter what, it was Nike that changed the trajectory of Oregon not the fans sticking with the team. Bad Example Purple

How many teams draw 75% or more capacity for their football games and have had 11 out of their last 12 losing seasons?

Yet, the Cowboys haven't done squat in over 20 years...As I drive though EP, all I see is more silver and blue and less orange and blue....Uncle Jerry couldn't care any less about EP. 90% of EP supports the 'Boys thru thick and thin no matter what.

Yet, the Cowboys haven't done squat in over 20 years...As I drive though EP, all I see is more silver and blue and less orange and blue....Uncle Jerry couldn't care any less about EP. 90% of EP supports the 'Boys thru thick and thin no matter what.

So? That has nothing to do with UTEP. UTEP will NEVER be as popular as the Dallas Cowboys are here. NFL is king.

Come on, you can’t even compare the number of Cowboys fans in EP today compared to 20 years ago. There are way less fans today as opposed to their 90s heyday. But look at what happened a couple of years back when they sucked and The 49ers took over AT&T Stadium so you can’t say that even the Cowboys are immune to downturns in attendance/support in bad years.

I don't think that's quite true. Much less fandom for the boys in EP now. People 35 and less really never saw what the cowboys did at their last peak. They just see the current wave. Problem is you are comparing apples to oranges. Cowboys are one of the richest and more popular teams in the world. They have tons of history and numerous hall of fame/famous players to go along with their 5 superbowls and billion dollar stadium. I could go on and on with what the cowboys offer and what they have done in the past. They have also had two dominant runs in the NFL and they will have more. I would also venture to say that they market pretty well. That's why they they have a lot of fans.

It is true that they haven't won much of anything in the past 20 years (just like UTEP). Difference is that UTEP's peak is over. UTEP has really no chance to make a dent in NCAA athletics unless someone like Nike comes in and saves them.

Bob Stull with his “Good Ol’ Boy” nonsense, all the while Kugler was running a disaster of a football program... Let’s not forget those old school boosters who swore that this program was on the right track.

Beyond being totally unqualified for the job, Kugler's "burn it to the ground/play the blame card for as long as I can" strategy made a lot of enemies from the beginning. This was well known by some, but most UTEP fans simply didn't want to hear it. As late as the beginning of his fifth and final season, Kugler had more than a few supporters, some on this board. That he didn't even have the stones to stay around to the bitter, bloody end was the fitting cherry on top of the Kugler shitcycle.

You know what's lame? People who call people lame.
Again I really wonder if some actually read before saying stuff?? If you actually read my post I didn't call anyone lame I said the idea is lame.... I very rarely say anything about anyone....

Again I really wonder if some actually read before saying stuff?? If you actually read my post I didn't call anyone lame I said the idea is lame.... I very rarely say anything about anyone....

I think your tune would change if you actually attended all the games in person.

I have attended all the games until I left... and when cusa had smu and Houston I would travel to those games.... I actually was at the championship game bball game all the way from Waco....

Duhhhhh you meant when I left .... 96

It was nice too had court level seats for the championship game

I think you're a passionate fan, but a lot of us had to endure all the years under Floyd in person. It's much different than cheering from afar. I think your tune would be different if you attended all the games in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT