ADVERTISEMENT

The Covid stats MAY be a lie BUT

63 shot over the weekend in The liberally run since 1927 city of Chicago.

I bet BLM and Antifa are pissed as none were shot by police officers, so they have to hold off in the protesting and looting for now.

Well, they can find solice that a huge July 4th weekend is coming up.
Cool. I see your concern Rocket. Valid opinion.

Okay, from a Liberal perspective. Crime is down. It’s been going down for the last 25 years. Most
Demographers credit an aging population with the decrease in crime.

From a Liberal point of view, to label inner cities as entirely crime ridden is too broad and ignores the vast majority of people who are good, living decent lives.

Can things get better? Of course.

Now my opinion, in my opinion, Liberals and Conservatives are guilty of the same thing. Too broad arguments with a lack of nuance and compromise.

A mature government would pass laws with both Liberal and Conservative ideas. How Liberal or how Conservative the laws would be would be determined by who won the election.

Conservatives want to paint the inner city communities as places under siege, not entirely true.

Liberals want to paint cops as aggressors. They’re not.

The extremes pull the sides farther and farther apart. Common sense, compromise is being left behind.

Cool. I see your concern Rocket. Valid opinion.

Okay, from a Liberal perspective. Crime is down. It’s been going down for the last 25 years. Most
Demographers credit an aging population with the decrease in crime.

From a Liberal point of view, to label inner cities as entirely crime ridden is too broad and ignores the vast majority of people who are good, living decent lives.

Can things get better? Of course.

Now my opinion, in my opinion, Liberals and Conservatives are guilty of the same thing. Too broad arguments with a lack of nuance and compromise.

A mature government would pass laws with both Liberal and Conservative ideas. How Liberal or how Conservative the laws would be would be determined by who won the election.

Conservatives want to paint the inner city communities as places under siege, not entirely true.

Liberals want to paint cops as aggressors. They’re not.

The extremes pull the sides farther and farther apart. Common sense, compromise is being left behind.

MinerMX, I respect your answer, and it is a good one, I just don't think it goes deep enough.

I posted this before, and can you further explain: I am talking about Violent Crime. I have not even got into the homeless issues.

Why are liberal run cities such a mess? Take control of your own cities and stop trying to pass the buck and set blame where it should lie.

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/2020/02/03/why_are_liberal_cities_such_a_mess_483494.html
Homelessness, high crime, underwater finances, soft policing, lax immigration control, high taxes, and business adverse regulations. A guaranteed formula for failure.

When Democrats are in control, cities tend to go soft on crime, reward cronies with public funds, establish hostile business environments, heavily tax the most productive citizens and set up fat pensions for their union friends. Simply put, theirs is a Blue State blueprint for disaster.

But of course, lets defund the police and blame it on the conservatives. So further:

Other fantastic liberal run cities like NY, Detroit, St. Louis and New Orleans. Isn't Minneapolis another one? All these years to make all these changes they are crying about, yet have done nothing but run those cities into the ground. Let's not mention Baltimore or Chicago as it further shows the violence.

Actually if you take those 5 liberal cities out of the equation in deaths by guns, I believe the United States drops to 83rd in the numbers.

https://quillette.com/2019/07/09/de...y-do-they-keep-passing-the-buck-on-gun-crime/

So my question: Off the top of your head, name a conservative city that has the issues like these?

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Rocketsr...aren’t almost all big cities left leaning? It’s really not apples to apples.

You may be right in a sense, but when I look at all the Conservative or Independent cities that are in the top 50, which is 30 percent of them, none have those issues. San Diego, San Antonio, Jacksoville, Fort Worth, El Paso (yes, El Paso, one of the safest cities with a Republican Mayor), Virginia Beach, Mesa, and I can go on.

Wouldn't it be plausible that liberals would be huge proponents of reducing and cleaning it up? I am just trying to figure out why they don't. And Chicago is outrageous and there cannot be any excuse for what is going on there.

I was somewhat serious when I said that Mogadishu and Maiduguri have nothing on that city.

Last edited:
Reactions: Autograph Boy
You may be right in a sense, but when I look at all the Conservative or Independent cities that are in the top 50, which is 30 percent of them, none have those issues. San Diego, San Antonio, Jacksoville, Fort Worth, El Paso (yes, El Paso, one of the safest cities with a Republican Mayor), Virginia Beach, Mesa, and I can go on.

Wouldn't it be plausible that liberals would be huge proponents of reducing and cleaning it up? I am just trying to figure out why they don't. And Chicago is outrageous and there cannot be any excuse for what is going on there.

I was somewhat serious when I said that Mogadishu and Maiduguri have nothing on that city.

I suppose so. It confounds me as to how it got to where it is, and furthermore, how to go about cleaning it up. I don’t have any good answers.

Reactions: Rocketsr
I’m really afraid that we are seeing the end of the US as we know it. I don’t see us coming together and fear the destruction of society. It’s not so much the riots, but that there are a lot of people who are fine with them. Some on this board have stayed as much. Of course I’m sure that wasn’t their home or business being destroyed.

I’m really afraid that we are seeing the end of the US as we know it. I don’t see us coming together and fear the destruction of society. It’s not so much the riots, but that there are a lot of people who are fine with them. Some on this board have stayed as much. Of course I’m sure that wasn’t their home or business being destroyed.
Let’s see, our country survived the following.....

The 1780s. The Articles of Confederation Era, no real government, Shays Rebellion almost toppled the Massachusetts government.

The 1850s. The rev up to the Civil War. Bleeding Kansas, riots. Abolitionists attacked all over the country.

The Civil War 1861-1865. Our Democracy was literally in danger of perishing from the Earth. Riots all over the North as many people did not want to be drafted.

Reconstruction 1865-1877. Scars of reconstruction. Ex soldiers murdering each other
Routinely. People murdering freed slaves. The start of the KKK.

1920s. Rise in immigration and rise in KKK, violence everywhere.

1930s-1940s: WOW. Great Depression, Dust Bowl, WW2. This is the time I think we were in the most danger.

1940s-1980s: Cold War.

1960s-1995- The rise of crime in America.

2008-2010- Great Recession.

I have faith in our Great Nation. However, as Lincoln said, we need to appeal to our higher angels. But instead we have Biden and Trump. Maybe in 2024 we’ll have someone who can inspire the best of America.

Add WW1 and the flu pandemic in 1920 and the fact that there was no anesthesia or antibiotics back then. Korea, Vietnam, war in the middle east, 9/11, domestic terrorism, public shootings and now the corona virus.

We have survived so much just in the past few centuries. Its humans being humans. Hopefully the human race and our civilization continue, but let's be real. Things always come to and end. History has proven this again and again 100%. We can only endure for so long before our own hate, greed, stupidity, politics or whatever does us in. Most people just can't fathom the thought because they only live in the here and now. They always think things are worse than they have been.

The U.S. is so far ahead, but now we are falling back. What will the next 100 years bring?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocketsr

I don’t know. Cities have been a source a crime since cities began. London throughout its history, Paris, going back to the days of
bible there’s talk of the filthy, corrupt, crime ridden cities.

Democrats weren’t in charge there.

A likelier hypothesis is crowded places filled with people of all types of socioeconomic statuses are incubators of crime. More than the end result of a difference of opinion of tax brackets.

Additionally, El Paso has been safe regardless of the mayors party affiliation.

I don’t know who San Antonio’s mayor is today but just a little while ago it was one of those famous Castro Brothers. Definitely Democratic.

Let’s see, our country survived the following.....

The 1780s. The Articles of Confederation Era, no real government, Shays Rebellion almost toppled the Massachusetts government.

The 1850s. The rev up to the Civil War. Bleeding Kansas, riots. Abolitionists attacked all over the country.

The Civil War 1861-1865. Our Democracy was literally in danger of perishing from the Earth. Riots all over the North as many people did not want to be drafted.

Reconstruction 1865-1877. Scars of reconstruction. Ex soldiers murdering each other
Routinely. People murdering freed slaves. The start of the KKK.

1920s. Rise in immigration and rise in KKK, violence everywhere.

1930s-1940s: WOW. Great Depression, Dust Bowl, WW2. This is the time I think we were in the most danger.

1940s-1980s: Cold War.

1960s-1995- The rise of crime in America.

2008-2010- Great Recession.

I have faith in our Great Nation. However, as Lincoln said, we need to appeal to our higher angels. But instead we have Biden and Trump. Maybe in 2024 we’ll have someone who can inspire the best of America.
Sure hope so!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT