ADVERTISEMENT

The MinersWon!!

Listened to this one. Jon Teicher is so much better by himself. So proud of these boys. Sounds like roles were reversed from the St Mary's game. Sounded like the Miners moved the ball and played zone defense with excellent communication and it was Arizona State running up and down the court like it was Open Gym. Thats what it sounded like anyway.

Very good win for the Miners. When the second half lead was cut to five I was worried that we would fold, like we did so many times last year, but we responded well. Terry and his staff must have really worked with the guys on blocking out this week. After barely out rebounding UA by one on our defensive board, 19-18, we fared much better last night, out rebounding ASU 37-4 on our defensive board. That's more like it. Also, an interesting note: axing pointed out recently that our perimeter defense was allowing a much higher three point percentage during our first three games this year, two of those games against far inferior competition. We just held two PAC-12 teams to a combined 1-27 from three. Our perimeter defense definitely improved these last two games.

The only complaint that a Miner fan could have about last night's game was our 20 turnovers. Had we cleaned that up it would have been an even more impressive win.

I remember hoping last year that the team could build off of their comeback win against UTSA. It didn't happen. Hopefully this team can build off this win and compete for a CUSA title. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Very good win for the Miners. When the second half lead was cut to five I was worried that we would fold, like we did so many times last year, but we responded well. Terry and his staff must have really worked with the guys on blocking out this week. After barely out rebounding UA by one on our defensive board, 19-18, we fared much better last night, out rebounding ASU 37-4 on our defensive board. That's more like it. Also, an interesting note: axing pointed out recently that our perimeter defense was allowing a much higher three point percentage during our first three games this year, two of those games against far inferior competition. We just held two PAC-12 teams to a combined 1-27 from three. Our perimeter defense definitely improved these last two games.

The only complaint that a Miner fan could have about last night's game was our 20 turnovers. Had we cleaned that up it would have been an even more impressive win.

I remember hoping last year that the team could build off of their comeback win against UTSA. It didn't happen. Hopefully this team can build off this win and compete for a CUSA title. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Agree Maniac. A few more points below:

1. I like Terry's move to the zone late. A zone defense always looks good when the opponent misses shots.
2. I thought our switching defense at the three point line was really good for most of the game, and that will bode well for us in conference play.
3. Boum is playing really well right now on both ends of the court. After struggling to guard against St. Mary's Kuyse, he has been really solid the last two games.
3. It was good ASU was without Bagley. He is an NBA prospect, like Christopher, who will give lots of teams trouble. ASU is not a great rebounding team, and he would have helped their effort there. Still, great performance by our guys, and in particular, Verhoeven. Tydus was outstanding against ASU.
4. I like the addition of Agnew, and I think he will play more as he gains more in game familiarity with his teammates. I did like the lineup with him, Boum, and Bieniemy on the court at the same time. We needed another quality guard in the rotation. Plus, you can't have too many tough as nails guys from Detroit.

Good to finally get a quality win on the road.

Agree Maniac. A few more points below:

1. I like Terry's move to the zone late. A zone defense always looks good when the opponent misses shots.
2. I thought our switching defense at the three point line was really good for most of the game, and that will bode well for us in conference play.
3. Boum is playing really well right now on both ends of the court. After struggling to guard against St. Mary's Kuyse, he has been really solid the last two games.
3. It was good ASU was without Bagley. He is an NBA prospect, like Christopher, who will give lots of teams trouble. ASU is not a great rebounding team, and he would have helped their effort there. Still, great performance by our guys, and in particular, Verhoeven. Tydus was outstanding against ASU.
4. I like the addition of Agnew, and I think he will play more as he gains more in game familiarity with his teammates. I did like the lineup with him, Boum, and Bieniemy on the court at the same time. We needed another quality guard in the rotation. Plus, you can't have too many tough as nails guys from Detroit.

Good to finally get a quality win on the road.

Yes, yes, and yes. Love the post-game analysis from you guys.

I personally have been touting Verhoeven as a needed piece of the puzzle and, man, he's beginning to deliver in subtle but important ways. I also really like what we see from Sjolund and hope to see more of him as the season progresses. Main takeaway from last night's game tho is definitely the HUGE improvement rebounding. Great job by our guys to own the boards.

As has been noted already, ASU is/was a pre-season favorite to win the PAC-12. This is a really nice win for our guys.

Teicher did a great job last night, but I would have loved to have seen it. I have lots of problems with AT&T uverse and their not carrying Pac12 network is one of them. I have missed the "Game of the year ".

Teicher did a great job last night, but I would have loved to have seen it. I have lots of problems with AT&T uverse and their not carrying Pac12 network is one of them. I have missed the "Game of the year ".
Let us know next time. There was a couple of good quality free streams last night. If you know how to work those sites and connect the computer to the tv it’s almost as good as watching regular tv.

If you pay a small amount for a good IPTV service you will get 6000 channels and every single basketball game is on there. I saw the St. Mary's game on my firestick using IPTV. Last nights game was on as is every single other. If it is streamed anywhere, it is on.

All the NFL games, NHL, NBA, and any other sport are on there as they have almost every local FOX, CBS, NBC, etc from all over the US, plus all international stations.

Reactions: miner1liner
If you pay a small amount for a good IPTV service you will get 6000 channels and every single basketball game is on there. I saw the St. Mary's game on my firestick using IPTV. Last nights game was on as is every single other. If it is streamed anywhere, it is on.

All the NFL games, NHL, NBA, and any other sport are on there as they have almost every local FOX, CBS, NBC, etc from all over the US, plus all international stations.

not totally legal either

Have TMTV IPTV greatest investment ever.......

That's the signature and confidence building win I was hoping for. Now lests see if they build on, because there's only one team as talented as ASU in CUSA and that's WK.

Is NMSU even playing right now? With the athletic department on skeleton crew for the break I doubt there's any way to schedule it.

Best road win this century...let's hope this gives them the confidence they need.
I went back and looked. Since 2000-1 we have beat Washington x2, Penn St, Michigan, Texas Tech x3, Clemson, Auburn, Oregon, Nebraska, Tennessee, Xavier, Washington State ×2 and UNM x3 and ASU x2 (all at neutral sites or at home except for @ Washington and Tech 2000, Washington State in 2013 and ASU 2020).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT