ADVERTISEMENT

The only positive Tyrin Smith

He’s put up tons of yards, but that miss vs UNT was a killer and that fumble yesterday was a killer as well.
That fumble was embarrassing. He was looking back taunting the UNM player.

Smith drops 2-3 passes for every 1.

He tested the transfer waters last year and nobody bit. With all his drops this year, I can’t imagine he’ll gain all that much more interest. Maybe I’m wrong.
WKU gave him a sniff according to sports sites but no hard commit I believe.

If he gets a UTSA offer, he's gone. He wants to get closer to San Antonio.

Also, Western Kentucky did offer. He didn't accept because it didn't get him closer to home.

He's on pace to put up almost identical stats to those Cowing had last year. If he wants out he'll have opportunities.
You could be right, but Smith staying at UTEP almost like a “marriage of convenience” may be the best option for everyone at all. He’s getting the bulk of the targets and his starting job is not in jeopardy and he’s getting targets even with his drops and mistakes. Will he be given that much leeway at a bigger school?

The Miner defense is ok. But are they good enough to overcome the incompetency of the offense? Not quite.

I'm positive that UTEP's offense pretty much sucks. The play calling and coaching are worse. How's that?

Reactions: Lil_Train
Oh yeah, we are all going to remember the prestigious 2021 NM Bowl, 30 years from now.
This is UTEP. Yes, unfortunately, we will. Bowl appearances, even though the current bowl system is the NCAA's equivalent of "every kid gets a trophy", are highly valued here, as we are constantly the proverbial kid that somehow always gets left out. So yeah, while the fans of most programs won't dwell on making a minor bowl in which they lost, it will always be a badge of honor for the Miner faithful.

It will be a big deal if UTEP ever wins a bowl game. But just getting to a bowl game isn't what it used to be. Hell, even Kugler went to a bowl game. Price went to three and fans still complained about his teams.

This is UTEP. Yes, unfortunately, we will. Bowl appearances, even though the current bowl system is the NCAA's equivalent of "every kid gets a trophy", are highly valued here, as we are constantly the proverbial kid that somehow always gets left out. So yeah, while the fans of most programs won't dwell on making a minor bowl in which they lost, it will always be a badge of honor for the Miner faithful.
Aside from the event happening, what do you remember about the 2010 NM Bowl vs BYU? What specific plays were key or memorable?

Don’t remember anything about the game then right? Just that it happened and something non-game related happening
Game was a blowout. Poorly coached game. I only remember it because the team was drunk and at that point you knew a ass kicking was coming. I haven't seen other teams drunk in hotel bar the night before a game that's why it's memorable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT