ADVERTISEMENT

The rout is on

IDK, it'll happen, but after what looks to be a 3-8 season against an easy schedule in a year that Utep was expected to go bowling with no major injuries, Kugler has to go, Still I think has no choice there might be 12,000 for the final game. Sad, just Sad!

Freshman back up quarterback, THIRD STRINGER! Are you kidding me. I think they've definitely pulled the plug on this one, just going through the motions now.DAMN, Kugs needs to go, how embarrassing.

Rice is playing with the 2nd string qb, they're third from the bottom for total FBS defense, the O line is looking bad, and our db's can't cover for nothing against of way below average CUSA team. But hey! Kugler wants to build a program similar to Rice....woo hoo!!

Reactions: UTEP05
Freshman back up quarterback, THIRD STRINGER! Are you kidding me. I think they've definitely pulled the plug on this one, just going through the motions now.DAMN, Kugs needs to go, how embarrassing.

Yes, you're right, their 3rd string....[hurl]

A Saturday afternoon game on a Thanksgiving weekend? I don't even see 10k making the game. 12k may be the announced total.

It seems we were better off with our previous OC and DC.

This 3-4 experiment has been bad. There are too many lanes given up pre-snap and this is a structural/fundamental issue, not a player issue. We also end up spread too wide pre-snap, with only one person left in the middle of the field. All season long we have not accounted for the QB keeper in the run game/bootleg(this was pointed out in week one against NMSU but hasn't improved). Remember when Army didn't have to punt during the entire game. Any time that a team wants, they can run a formation that spreads us wide and then let their QB just run up the middle for a minimum 5 yard gain. Additionally, our DB's play with their backs to the QB way too much for a team that runs 80% zone. Go back to a base 4 D-Line formation(which is where Kugler claimed that he was building his program) and stop crowding our LB's so close to the line of scrimmage.

Is Elmer Fudd available? or maybe Mortimer Snurd ? How about Bugs Bunny...."àaaaaa, What's up doc?" Maybe Crazy Guggenheim?

I have a conspiracy theory! Perhaps Kugler wants fired to follow Jones to the NFL? Why not? In college basketball some high school coaches get D1 jobs if that college wants his stud recruit.

This 3-4 experiment has been bad. There are too many lanes given up pre-snap and this is a structural/fundamental issue, not a player issue. We also end up spread too wide pre-snap, with only one person left in the middle of the field. All season long we have not accounted for the QB keeper in the run game/bootleg(this was pointed out in week one against NMSU but hasn't improved). Remember when Army didn't have to punt during the entire game. Any time that a team wants, they can run a formation that spreads us wide and then let their QB just run up the middle for a minimum 5 yard gain. Additionally, our DB's play with their backs to the QB way too much for a team that runs 80% zone. Go back to a base 4 D-Line formation(which is where Kugler claimed that he was building his program) and stop crowding our LB's so close to the line of scrimmage.

3-4, 4-3, 5-2, Nickle, Dime... it doesn't matter what defense we play. We need better players plain and simple.

Last edited:
T
I have a conspiracy theory! Perhaps Kugler wants fired to follow Jones to the NFL? Why not? In college basketball some high school coaches get D1 jobs if that college wants his stud recruit.

That doesn't work in the pros. Players don't get a choice where to go unless you are Eli Manning. You get drafted. And unless Jones goes underrated. Jones is not gonna say hey if you give kuglar a job I will go to your team.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT