ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Prices Bullet Points

PROVE that revenue from last year was less than the first 4 games this year. I guarantee you can't.

Yes there was a lot of hype for the New Mexico Highlands and Eastern New Mexico games. LOL

Less than 4,000 people showed up for the home opener.
bs, you aggies don't know the number 4,000

Again, what's your point? I graduated from UTEP. Saying I graduated from a school that is more selective is actually a compliment, so keep going if you want to.
wtf are you replying to? you lost your mind. I posted "bs, you aggies don't know the number 4,000" and you replied with this??? and it makes no sense with the other stuff you posted about UTEP and enemas U acceptance. I'll give you an out, sometimes when I reply to a post, in certain cases, the previous reply that I was writing comes out. I'm gonna stop

Reactions: minerfan_14
wtf are you replying to? you lost your mind. I posted "bs, you aggies don't know the number 4,000" and you replied with this??? and it makes no sense with the other stuff you posted about UTEP and enemas U acceptance. I'll give you an out, sometimes when I reply to a post, in certain cases, the previous reply that I was writing comes out. I'm gonna stop

NMSU is a more selective school. That's my point. You're actually complementing my intelligence saying that I graduated from NMSU instead of UTEP.

But you still haven't proven anything, but I didn't expect you to.

This is all very similar to the football team. During Senter’s first year, the first three home games surpassed the ticket revenue from all of 2017.

-Five dollar tickets to football games are a thing of the past. This was done to satisfy the 15K attendance mandate. We are good for two years now.

There is no 15k attendance mandate. It is not enforced and no one has been dropped from FBS because of this “rule”. It’s a joke, as there are plenty of schools that do not get 15,000 for any of their home games.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
The NMSU and UNM were well attended and UTEP absolutely made some cash from those games.

But 4,000 people at a conference game is no good either way.

*Not for UTEP basketball standards.

For sure UTEP made lots of money from the NMSU game, as they do every year, as I am sure they do not pay each other for any of their games. But to state that they made more “revenue” from 4 games than they did all of last year, is ridiculous. Especially since there is no proof of that. And the OP has no proof of that either. It’s bullshit.

When you say that parking is going to be revamped, Glory Road 2 (GR2) by the Sun Bowl has plenty of parking available.

#EnhancetheFanExpierence

There will be no more parking on the north side of the Sun Bowl. I don’t know the exact parking section designation. For security purposes and to try and recreate a Bevo Blvd atmosphere, the student party section is moving from the top of a parking garage to the parking section immediately north of the Sun Bowl. Expect food trucks and possibly a stage for concerts.

Other tidbits:

- Volleyball revenue tripled this season from last season.

- Football and men’s basketball account for approximately 95% of revenue at UTEP.

- UTEP has to pay Texas Tech 300K to play here this season. Because it was a home and away, UTEP only got 300K when they played in Lubbock. UTEP would prefer paydays on the road against P5 schools for the foreseeable future due to budget needs.

For security purposes and to try and recreate a Bevo Blvd atmosphere, the student party section is moving from the top of a parking garage to the parking section immediately north of the Sun Bowl. Expect food trucks and possibly a stage for concerts

This will be great!

- Football and men’s basketball account for approximately 95% of revenue at UTEP.

Tripled means nothing without numbers. From 1,000 to 3,000 is my guess

Yeah, no shit Football and men’s hoops is where UTEP gets money. True for 99% of D1 schools. Excellent work!

Speaks the land grant nincompoop whose university killed equestrian programs just to save their football program.

You're a land grant college, you morons!

There will be no more parking on the north side of the Sun Bowl. I don’t know the exact parking section designation. For security purposes and to try and recreate a Bevo Blvd atmosphere, the student party section is moving from the top of a parking garage to the parking section immediately north of the Sun Bowl. Expect food trucks and possibly a stage for concerts.

Other tidbits:

- UTEP has to pay Texas Tech 300K to play here this season. Because it was a home and away, UTEP only got 300K when they played in Lubbock. UTEP would prefer paydays on the road against P5 schools for the foreseeable future due to budget needs.

Did volleyball make a profit? Don't think so.

You can talk revenue all you want. It means nothing unless you're making a profit.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
For sure UTEP made lots of money from the NMSU game, as they do every year, as I am sure they do not pay each other for any of their games. But to state that they made more “revenue” from 4 games than they did all of last year, is ridiculous. Especially since there is no proof of that. And the OP has no proof of that either. It’s bullshit.

Of course it is and I did the math to prove it. I love how people believe everything they read on the Internet.

One other tidbit, UTEP is very happy with the conference basketball tournament being in Frisco. They hope it continues to stay there. There was no mention of trying to bring it here in the foreseeable future.

I remember reading an article. UTEP made more money in the first three home games of the Senter era than the last full season of the Stull era.

So are you talking about revenue or profit? Those are two totally different things.

Also that's not proof. You can't just say things and not show proof.

And again, revenue isn't profit. I want to hear what profit UTEP is making.

Again, what's your point? UTEP accepts anybody with a pulse. NMSU is selective.
There is no 15k attendance mandate. It is not enforced and no one has been dropped from FBS because of this “rule”. It’s a joke, as there are plenty of schools that do not get 15,000 for any of their home games.
Of course it is and I did the math to prove it. I love how people believe everything they read on the Internet.
you know nothing about business, aggie
you can't ****ing add, stfu.... You, your and You're got donkey slammed on your math

So are you talking about revenue or profit? Those are two totally different things.

Also that's not proof. You can't just say things and not show proof.

And again, revenue isn't profit. I want to hear what profit UTEP is making.
My original comment and my follow up comment are the same. UTEP made more revenue from the first three home games of the Senter era than they did all of the previous season.

The proof is there. Google it. I read the article and it was posted on here when it happened.

Reactions: picks up
My original comment and my follow up comment are the same. UTEP made more revenue from the first three home games of the Senter era than they did all of the previous season.

The proof is there. Google it. I read the article and it was posted on here when it happened.

But revenue isn't profit.

A company can make $1 million in revenue. It means nothing if their expenses are $1.5 million.

And so it concludes; including all of the years that both UTEP and UNM went to Ruidoso, no team has ever held camp at Ruidoso and gone on to have a winning season.

And so it concludes; including all of the years that both UTEP and UNM went to Ruidoso, no team has ever held camp at Ruidoso and gone on to have a winning season.

If Alabama and Florida had their camps at Ruidoso, results would probably be different. Just so happens that two of the worst programs in FBS held it there.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Look for UTEP to stay in town for their Fall Camp. There will not be a Ruidoso Camp this year.
Jon Dorenbos at Inn of the Mountain Gods for a professional magic show for team, staff and families with top tickets going to highest bidder to make money for UTEP athletics?

Reactions: FeralFelidae
More odds and ends.

Already announced, KVIA has partnered with UTEP for exclusive broadcast rights. If a game is not already being televised by one of the CUSA parters, KVIA will televise it on the CW. UTEP specifically said this will include home games.

There will be a UTEP Athletics App by June / July.

The UTEP Athletics website will be overhauled by late October.

The Sun Bowl renovation schedule is tight but construction has not fallen behind.

It will be a slow implementation but UTEP is transitioning to a clear bag policy. No diaper bags or backpacks in the near future.

Miner Athletic Club is up 130% in members and up 200% in fundraising.

UTEP COVID Financial losses:
- 806K loss from NCAA
- 300K loss from CUSA

Reactions: JCorona
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT