ADVERTISEMENT

Time to send a message

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I don't believe in not supporting our team even in the face of adversity, but there was no excuse to be this poor this year! New Scheme or not, we supposedly had the players in place, but its obvious we have much more untalented players at this level than talented ones and that's on Kugler. Jones deserves better as well and I hope he leaves after the year. Kugler has to be be let go, this isn't about loyalty, this team has not improved under Kugler they have regressed. The recruiting is crap and the proof is on the field. Whatever it takes letters to Still and Natalicio, not attending the last game, Miner Fans Matter Posters, IDK, but a change has to be made this year!!!

Reactions: UTEP05 and develman
This is the address attached to the email icon next to Bob Stull's name on the staff directory page. I'm sure it is his gate keeper's email, however it may be worth it to type up a small paragraph asking for his resignation and maybe reason(s) why. I did so about 2 hours ago. I don't know. It's an action step from afar. Maybe a few thousand would do the trick. One can dream, right?

rilerma@utep.edu

Kappy, Duke, Darren Hunt, Asher, and Raul are the only ones being critical of UTEP. Two of which aren't even in EP. Where the hell is Beau B., Lou Romano, and others to hold UTEP, Stull, and Kugs accountable!? Hell bring back Fred Albers, Jaime Apody, John Engleman, heck Paul Zimmerman to ask some real questions! As much as I appreciate MinerRush and others who bring us non-existent UTEP coverage, they ask some softball questions.

Kappy, Duke, Darren Hunt, Asher, and Raul are the only ones being critical of UTEP. Two of which aren't even in EP. Where the hell is Beau B., Lou Romano, and others to hold UTEP, Stull, and Kugs accountable!? Hell bring back Fred Albers, Jaime Apody, John Engleman, heck Paul Zimmerman to ask some real questions! As much as I appreciate MinerRush and others who bring us non-existent UTEP coverage, they ask some softball questions.

UTEP is the only show in town, and UTEP uses that to control the media.They had feed friendly media members pro UTEP info. They avoid the "climbers" like the plague.

UTEP is the only show in town, and UTEP uses that to control the media.They had feed friendly media members pro UTEP info. They avoid the "climbers" like the plague.

What the media outlets seem to forget, is that UTEP needs them as much as they need UTEP.

There is a way to report that is penetrating but honest. It's what people are slowly starting to demand anyway.

It's not the local media"s job to fire Kugler or for slight of hand persuasion in doing so, but they do have their flashlight on UTEP.

Kugler tries to stay one step ahead of public outcry and he knows things are in the crapper. He made it clear on his show HE plans to come back, but in reality he's thinking in the back of his head how much price per square foot he'll get for his home when the season ends (which where he lives he should come out fine).

You can't compare him to Price because Price brought improvements to UTEP while losing games. Attendance peaked at 40,000 avg. during his tenure but choked it on the field in Tony Romo like fashion. He was an uncharacteristic for UTEP.

This was an embarrassing loss. Kugler loves Bailiff so much he can go apply to work with him. I realize the culture of the coaching fraternity and being respectful but it's tough to swallow as a fan when seeing your school getting their fanny handed to them.

It's not the local media"s job to fire Kugler or for slight of hand persuasion in doing so, but they do have their flashlight on UTEP.

Kugler tries to stay one step ahead of public outcry and he knows things are in the crapper. He made it clear on his show HE plans to come back, but in reality he's thinking in the back of his head how much price per square foot he'll get for his home when the season ends (which where he lives he should come out fine).

You can't compare him to Price because Price brought improvements to UTEP while losing games. Attendance peaked at 40,000 avg. during his tenure but choked it on the field in Tony Romo like fashion. He was an uncharacteristic for UTEP.

This was an embarrassing loss. Kugler loves Bailiff so much he can go apply to work with him. I realize the culture of the coaching fraternity and being respectful but it's tough to swallow as a fan when seeing your school getting their fanny handed to them.
He'll go back to NFL, and I heard some good news today. He may be planning on next year, but Still and Natalicio are not. About an 80% chance N.Texas is his last game. I will wish him the beat, but he wasn't ready for a head coaching job just yet. I hope we bring in a Successful D2 Head Coach or a coach from a successful Sun Belt team and pay him a million! Wishful thinking I know, I know What Still doesn't seem to realize is a good coach equals a good team equals a full stadium to pay this good coach! Seems like simple math to me!

Reactions: develman and UTEP05
Being that Lou Romano is a friend of mine who I've worked with many times I can say I've heard him be critical of UTEP many times to the point where people have become upset with him

Is the head coach at Sam Houston an option?
He should be pursued by UTEP but it depends on him thinking he can win here. Also depends on the competition. If Rice fires Bailiff the competition gets stiffer.

Several good choices that have either shown they can win as a head coach or are an up and coming star in the college football world like Applewhite at Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT