ADVERTISEMENT

To anyone with an opinion

develman

MI Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2001
Any reason FIU won't do the same thing (c)UNT did this week next week?

If FIU is clear I think they will play. I think UNT has more to do with protecting a coach than corona. Two years ago Littrell was one of the hottest names in coaching searches. He was almost the head coach at K-State. Fast forward a year and a half and it appears that program is coming of off the tracks. Littrell got a huge raise then went went 4-8. This year didn't look to be going much better. Now they have a backup qb and no defense whatsoever. I think their AD is in full damage control and trying to avoid more losses. There are alot of people who think think they used Covid to weasle out of the UH game. I think they would like to run the clock out on this season try to fix the holes and get back on track next season.

During Dimel’s first year UNT sneaked out of here with a 3 point win. That has been Litrell’s best team if going by winning percentage. He didn’t want the embarrassment of losing to Dimel.

Coaches by nature are strategists, they are masterful at playing too every advantage possible to put the odds on their side. The pressure to cross the line is great and some coaches fall into the hole of unethical behaviors to gain advantage. I am not accusing the NT coach of being unethical, however I do feel that a bit of self preservation and strategy was involved in his/their decision. I do think also that Dimel and the athletics department have been very diligent in fulfilling their commitments to CUSA, the team and fans. This diligence must be acknowledged by CUSA down the road and every conference member must be made to fulfill their commitments to reschedule, postpone etc.

During Dimel’s first year UNT sneaked out of here with a 3 point win. That has been Litrell’s best team if going by winning percentage. He didn’t want the embarrassment of losing to Dimel.

Was this this the game where David Lucero was wide open with no one between him and the end zone, but the pass was incomplete and UTEP lost?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT