ADVERTISEMENT

Youve got to feel good for Sam Houston State

Good one Maniac!😁 I was pretty sure I knew which team you were referring to that’s the cupcake, but I went and checked to verify it.

They’re catching UTEP at the perfect time. Three of their last four losses have been by seven points or less so they’re not out there getting blown out. If Dimel starts going to three and out trying to establish the run then Sam Houston St could get an early lead and we know UTEP is done once they start chasing the game.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Next Wednesday night after SHSU gets their first win as an FBS program. It would be appropriate for Dimel to turn in his resignation the following morning.
He (and Senter) have already missed that bus several times. Sad how little Wilson cares about athletics. I really thought things might change with a new president, but now they are worse. Good thing she won't be here nearly as long at Natalicio (based on her history of job changes).

Next time the board needs to hire a comprehensive President. Im starting to wonder if Paul Foster being on the board is a conflict of interest (Despite his donations).

I laughed when you guys hired Dimel. I told yall this would happen and nobody wanted to listen.

Vince Young wanted to come to UH but Dimel didn't recruit him because he assumed he wouldn't be interested.
We’re so stupid. We should have listened to you! How did we think a coach that went 8-26 at his last gig over 16 years ago was gonna be anything else than what his record is. Fu*k I’m so mad. We could have all wrote emails to Senter and had him fired before he coached a game.

Seven straight losses. Some of them close. Next week they get to take out their frustrations by beating the crap out of a cupcake. It couldn't come at a better time for them. You've got to feel good for those guys.
I was at last night's UTEP/FIU game and it was brutal to watch at the end. Sam took the lead 20-17 with 1:24 to go. The ensuing kickoff was horribly short and FIU started at their own 40. Still, Sam had them backed up to 4th and 18 and let their QB run for 20 yards. Another FIU pass put them at the 18 with 9 seconds left and they made the FG to tie the game. And SHSU lost in OT - again.

The defense is mostly good, but Sam's offense is awful. Normally, I'd like UTEP to win, but I spent 26 years teaching at SHSU and it is my second home. It would be nice for them to start winning FBS games. Maybe UTEP will be the one, but I have to wonder about the mindset of the SHSU players - some of them played on the FBS championship team and they must be frustrated.

lieb

I laughed when you guys hired Dimel. I told yall this would happen and nobody wanted to listen.

Vince Young wanted to come to UH but Dimel didn't recruit him because he assumed he wouldn't be interested.
I remember that time well. When his name was first announced the immediate response of most on here was "Who?" After a bit of research the overwhelming response was anger. Then you guys from Houston came in. To many you were preaching to the choir. Others wanted to give the new coach a chance. And others circled the wagons, coming to the defense of our new AD and new coach. These latter responses are the ones you remember, though it didn't represent the majority of Miner fans.

Wrote this after Dimel was hired and started getting shit from UTEP who eventually shunned me out of the media and Senter blocked me on twitter and I think he blocked me via text too…. Pretty safe to say I was spot on and that most of us in here had the same thoughts…

I was at last night's UTEP/FIU game and it was brutal to watch at the end. Sam took the lead 20-17 with 1:24 to go. The ensuing kickoff was horribly short and FIU started at their own 40. Still, Sam had them backed up to 4th and 18 and let their QB run for 20 yards. Another FIU pass put them at the 18 with 9 seconds left and they made the FG to tie the game. And SHSU lost in OT - again.

The defense is mostly good, but Sam's offense is awful. Normally, I'd like UTEP to win, but I spent 26 years teaching at SHSU and it is my second home. It would be nice for them to start winning FBS games. Maybe UTEP will be the one, but I have to wonder about the mindset of the SHSU players - some of them played on the FBS championship team and they must be frustrated.

lieb
The legend appears! Hi Lieb!

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Wrote this after Dimel was hired and started getting shit from UTEP who eventually shunned me out of the media and Senter blocked me on twitter and I think he blocked me via text too…. Pretty safe to say I was spot on and that most of us in here had the same thoughts…

Don’t forget the “Iceman” calling Dimel a “perfect hire”. Ice cold opinion!

• Haha

I'm surprised he hasn't cut off my communication with him... Nice guy, sends me stuff here and there... The Dimel hire, wasn't it because Senter's, 1st said no? Or wanted more money? hopefully after SHSU, its announced, and UTEP can move on...Coach Scotty Ohara finishes out the season.

lieb
He lieb, good to see you. I hadn't previously thought about how horrible this season has been for you, following two teams that can't seen to win. On the bright side, one of your teams is guaranteed to win the weekend!

Reactions: TxRdKiller

Most of us were upset with this hire, but our AD was somehow impressed with Dimel’s resume. The majority of UTEP fans were hoping we would hire a young coordinator from a winning program or a successful FCS coach. Six years later and UTEP fans have been asking for change but our AD and President won’t pull the trigger. Dimel turned out to be a terrible hire.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT