ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP-UIW prediction thread

Dec 22, 2016
Okay let’s move on…..

UIW is stacked for a FCS team with all the transfers they have on the depth chart and roster and UTEP is facing a much more capable QB in Calzada who is certainly gonna have a chip on his shoulder. Don’t see a major level of adjustment with their new staff as their HC has been around there, but they will make week one mistakes the question is does UTEP capitalize like they were unable to do at all last week.

Don’t see a line anywhere.

UIW 24 UTEP 20

UTEP lost to an FCS level offense (or worse) on Saturday, don’t see things getting better in a week. Another close game and disappointing loss to start year 6.

I'll be there, and I hope they can win... UIW looks better than Jax State... lol silver lining? Dimel has a decent home record the last few yrs.

Miners- 45
UIW-44 - missed extra pt.

Reactions: MinerFan79
Revenge of the FCS schools continues. Dimel was gifted some shitty FCS schools during his rebuilt and struggled against them. Now he goes up against the better fcs programs. The only thing that keeps this game competitive is the question marks around IW new coach.

EP 21
IW 31

I don't see utep losing this one. I did expect it before Texas State stole UIWs whole staff... UIW was better than JSU last year. And it takes a good coaching staff to not overlook an FCS team... we don't have that. I still think utep squeaks by. If they do lose... I hope it's dimels last night as coach.

Reactions: shyminer81
SATURDAY is the 20 year anniversary of UTEPs loss to CalPoly! ( according to A. Broddus)

UTEP 21
UIW 24

Dimel dismissed of his OC involvement next week!
I hope history repeats itself. If it does then next season could be good.

Bad idea to boycott the boycott!
I do think Utep will win this game, but I don't know how much that moves the needle after a crushing opening loss to what is probably the 8th or 9th best team in the conference. What I'd be interested to see is how they respond and would like to see Utep come out with fire and be pissed and this game to not even be close.

I do think Utep will win this game, but I don't know how much that moves the needle after a crushing opening loss to what is probably the 8th or 9th best team in the conference. What I'd be interested to see is how they respond and would like to see Utep come out with fire and be pissed and this game to not even be close.
Moves the needle for me, going to Chicago, 1-1 is better than 0-2... Talk about depressing if so.

Reactions: nattybry
SATURDAY is the 20 year anniversary of UTEPs loss to CalPoly! ( according to A. Broddus)

UTEP 21
UIW 24

Dimel dismissed of his OC involvement next week!
It was late in the 4th; I was walking up a tunnel and Stull was turning around with a stern look on his face and almost ran me over. I’ll never forget it.

UTEP 17
UIW 31

The wheels will start to come off. And no I’m not happy to see the end of an era for a UTEP coach, I’m a fan who has seen too much of UTEP football going awry.

1) Coach digs his heels in
2) AD broad strokes all sort of generalities.
3) Fan disgust is literally palatable.
4) Ticket sales plummet early
5) Lines are drawn amongst local sports media & AD staff
6) Media gets blamed for coverage (all ready happening)
7) Troops start to rally. Pro Coach supporters vs fans and some season ticket holders “fire the coach” catalyst.
8) President can not be found. No words for a few weeks.

I get what you’re saying but I cannot disagree more strongly. We need to be there to support our team and players. A big crowd helps everything
That’s fine, that’s your opinion, but facts speak otherwise. UTEP beat Boise, FAU, and FIU at home last year with crowds of less than 13,000 for each game.

The game they played in front of a “sellout” crowd, they lost and played bad. Season before had a good crowd for UTSA and the game was over before halftime. Next home game had “10,000” for Rice and won.

It’s obvious that Dismels players don’t care if they’re playing in front of 10k or 30k.

That’s fine, that’s your opinion, but facts speak otherwise. UTEP beat Boise, FAU, and FIU at home last year with crowds of less than 13,000 for each game.

The game they played in front of a “sellout” crowd, they lost and played bad. Season before had a good crowd for UTSA and the game was over before halftime. Next home game had “10,000” for Rice and won.

It’s obvious that Dismels players don’t care if they’re playing in front of 10k or 30k.
Of course they care. Playing in front of 30K is way more enticing than 10K. Now, if what you meant to say is that 30K in the stands is hardly more of an advantage than 10K, I’d have to agree with you.

Of course they care. Playing in front of 30K is way more enticing than 10K. Now, if what you meant to say is that 30K in the stands is hardly more of an advantage than 10K, I’d have to agree with you.
Little bit of a, little bit of b. Pretty sure some or most of these guys played in front of small crowds in middle, high school, juco, or at UTEP. Probably wish it were packed every game.

A good crowd can be helpful. If you have a close game, then maybe a crowd can help with an offsides or false start. For the most part though, the coaches and players are deciding the game.

Ohio St, Michigan, Tennessee, and others all lose home games with 100,000 in the stands. NMSU, UTEP, SJSU, and others all win home games with 10,000 in the stands.

To my original point, attending games if you’re upset with the coaching or department tells them, they can do whatever and you will still go. Families and friends of players/coaches are excluded from boycotts.

If 30,000 show up on Saturday, Senter says to himself, “See, a bad performance and they still come out. Everything is fine. All those emails and tweets aren’t real.”

Last edited:
Little bit of a, little bit of b. Pretty sure some or most of these guys played in front of small crowds in middle, high school, juco, or at UTEP. Probably wish it were packed every game.

A good crowd can be helpful. If you have a class game, then maybe a crowd can help with an offsides or false start. For the most part though, the coaches and players are deciding the game.

Ohio St, Michigan, Tennessee, and others all lose home games with 100,000 in the stands. NMSU, UTEP, SJSU, and others all win home games with 10,000 in the stands.

To my original point, attending games if you’re upset with the coaching or department tells them, they can do whatever and you will still go. Families and friends of players/coaches are excluded from boycotts.

If 30,000 show up on Saturday, Senter says to himself, “See, a bad performance and they still come out. Everything is fine. All those emails and tweets aren’t real.”
I agree with all that.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Always support a student athlete; but give constructive criticism.

However, stubbornness, or as stated in the Borderland, just being a “Pepo” or “Cabazon”, is a whole different story. Dimel, which started with Kugler, are hard heads. I don’t think Dimel even hear his own words which tells me he is surrounded by absorbers who surround Dimel from criticism which leads to Senter.

Last edited:
Reactions: FarWestTexas
A QB change will not be made yet unless there an injury to Hardison I believe. Now McNamara could get some looks and maybe a series to change pace, that'd be interesting to see and I'd be up for that.

The season can go one of two ways on Saturday. If we lose at home to IW there will be a divergent shift in support for the program and administration. There will have to be a reckoning I believe. My prediction for Saturday night...pain.

A link to the post would have been nice. I looked on X but don’t know what he’s talking about. Hopefully No Wins shows up with the link soon.
I looked for about 2 minutes. He probably just made it up or saw a post from 2018 and thought it was recent. Like you said though, seems strange to not post a link to that, but then came back later and posts a tweet about nothing.

UTEP - 17
Incarnate Word - 14

As pissed as I am about last week I hope they can pull this off. If not 0-5 is a real possibility and like people have said heads may have to roll by the UNLV game. This team has too much talent to be in a dogfight these first two weeks but poor QB play and even worse play calling and in game management continue to torpedo this club.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT