ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

If Texas paid that much for someone to sit on the bench. How much you think impact transfers are going for?
Honestly I think the amounts for these kids is fudged a bit. There was a report I read that many of these kids aren't really getting the millions or hundreds of thousands reported. Something about it being over a number of years and some other loop holes these companies use. Not to say some stars like Caitlin Clark and Mega stars like that aren't getting Big Money for endorsements, but I don't think the numbers are as high as we think. However in any case UTEP is still barely middle of the pack in CUSA. That can't stay the same.
We have to be at or near the top in our own conference and comparable to teams in the Mtn. West of we want to have the type of product on the court we all think UTEP should have. My understanding is the Miner Collective would like to get to a Million and they're at about half that right now.

Reactions: JCorona
Offer him what we're willing to play. Some players do have bonds with their coaches. If he likes Golding, he might say yes. And if he says no, then he says no. Where's the harm to try?
How would you rank most valuable players to retain? I'd say Frazier 1st then Terrell then Camper. Then after that leave some money to bring some other kids in.

I hope you’re right. I guarantee you. Kids will prefer Gold over Golding.
Agree. Hardy had a few offers last year as well, although none close to what Onyema was offered. Big men are often over valued. I think UTEP has a chance to be competitive in Terrell’s case, but as the say, it only takes one big offer. I do like Terrell, but the reality is that a CUSA freshman of the year is not what it once was. He was basically competing against two other guys (Moore and Loofe).

Last edited:
One of the Arguements for NIL money is that Student Athletes cannot go out and earn extra money like a non-athlete student.

Maybe it should be either/or, if you get paid, you pay the school tuition. If you decline NIL, we cover everything.

And I am talking about NIL Collective Money, not legit NIL endorsements.

It should definitely be that way it should be if your earning money you pay your way

Non-athlete students earn extra money by working many hours at Taco Bell or Rib Hut. Calvin Solomon earned extra money by filming a WinSupply commercial for an hour. One certainly sounds better than the other.

Thats great for Calvin Solomon. I think athletes should be able to get an agent and hustle for endorsement and NIL deals. I was specifically referring to collectives. I think you either get paid by a Collective or get a scholarship.

In either situation, I believe you should be able to go out and use your name and image to make extra income.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Thats great for Calvin Solomon. I think athletes should be able to get an agent and hustle for endorsement and NIL deals. I was specifically referring to collectives. I think you either get paid by a Collective or get a scholarship.

In either situation, I believe you should be able to go out and use your name and image to make extra income.
Solomon should start his own bakery that specializes in turnovers.

Yep. I think it showed around $500K last year, so that is good news if accurate. Also, there are no excuses for Golding. Interesting that MTSU and LAT report no NIL collective, and were still solid in CUSA.
Where does utep rank in coaching salaries? We are top 4 in overall basketball budget so I'd assume we are top 4 there too.

UTEP doing less with more again. Not sure why some are okay with having the largest collective and then finishing 7-9 in the league. While LaTech has no collective and finished 12-4 in CUSA. Why can’t we be like LaTech?
So are you a new troll or an old troll with a new name? Literally no one said they're ok with being 7-9 in the league and most of us didn't know the Collective was up to that amount. You literally just put words in everyone's mouth. Go away already!

In CUSA, we have the highest NIL budget. The highest paid head coach, the highest attendance, the highest or second highest basketball budget. Pretty much top of the conference in everything except the standings.
Probably behind only Liberty. I think they pay McKay around $1.3M.

Reactions: bamfor and JCorona
In CUSA, we have the highest NIL budget. The highest paid head coach, the highest attendance, the highest or second highest basketball budget. Pretty much top of the conference in everything except the standings.
NMSU is pretty excited about being #1 in CUSA attendance this past season.

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
Reactions: TxRdKiller
And Golding's boss sounded ecstatic with the finish. Perhaps playing Levesque over Jones was the right move after all. 😉
Levesque is strong in the weight room though!

Jones should have been playing 10-15 a game all season. Then maybe Golding could have had enough confidence to put him in during the 2nd half after we took the lead from WKU, instead of Mr. Turnover.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT