ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

😃

Maybe he will stay after all.
If he commits to stay along with Frazier, Horton, Camper and at least one of our 2 Bigs stay that'd be a good core. However Golding hasn't proved he can bring in shooters yet. With that said Utah St. stated an entirely new team and look how good they're doing. So I still think it takes the right coach to bring in the right mix of players. That's my biggest beef with Golding. He's been here long enough where he should know what players can win with his system!

Here comes another crazy idea by me , beware turn back if you dont want to hear it...👍👍👍🧐🧐🧐

Give Terrell 6 million, for the next 3 years. He gets 1 million per year for the next 3 seasons. When he graduates with Diploma, he gets the other 3 million. UTEP would make its money back and then some. This deal would not only keep him from jumping to another school, but then also keep him from entering the draft maybe?? With the endorsements that he would also get he would probably stay for a 5th year.

Giving this deal to Terrel, would benefit Utep. It would open the eyes to other players. Other players would want to come. But only one player can get this kind of deal on UTEP. Every other player would maybe get smaller deals.

Okay there is my crazy idea. 😁😁😁👍👍🤓🤓🤓

Here comes another crazy idea by me , beware turn back if you dont want to hear it...👍👍👍🧐🧐🧐

Give Terrell 6 million, for the next 3 years. He gets 1 million per year for the next 3 seasons. When he graduates with Diploma, he gets the other 3 million. UTEP would make its money back and then some. This deal would not only keep him from jumping to another school, but then also keep him from entering the draft maybe?? With the endorsements that he would also get he would probably stay for a 5th year.

Giving this deal to Terrel, would benefit Utep. It would open the eyes to other players. Other players would want to come. But only one player can get this kind of deal on UTEP. Every other player would maybe get smaller deals.

It’s a bad idea.

For that kind of money you could go out and get 2 Five Star Players.

It’s a bad idea.

For that kind of money you could go out and get 2 Five Star Players.

I think they cost way more. Especially top 25 players. Why you think they go overseas and d league?? Avg salary for a NBA rookie is 1.1 million. The top rookies get more.

Bad idea. UTEP doesn’t have that type of money.

It’s a bad idea.

For that kind of money you could go out and get 2 Five Star Players who definitely would make the NBA.
I think they cost way more. Especially top 25 players. Why you think they go overseas and d league?? Avg salary for a NBA rookie is 1.1 million. The top rookies get more.

Someone said in another thread that there are only 3 or 4 players getting a million in basketball. One of them is Bronny James.

He never explained how UTEP will make back the money either. 🤡
If Utep is good they make money back through sell outs at the Don. Maybe they get invited to better conference and make even more money. I believe Utep has the money they just being cheap. Coach Walden said in a interview that Utep is spending $5 million on the football locker rooms Where did they get that money??

It’s a bad idea.

For that kind of money you could go out and get 2 Five Star Players who definitely would make the NBA.

Someone said in another thread that there are only 3 or 4 players getting a million in basketball. One of them is Bronny James.
I don't believe it. Are they counting endorsement deals ? I heard Caytlin Clark makes around 5 million.

Not true there is a cap believe it or not. 6 million for one player at our level is plain stupid! Plus UTEP doesn't give players anything, why do you say UTEP should give him millions and will make it back??? Do you even know how NIL works? 😮‍💨

If Utep is good they make money back through sell outs at the Don. Maybe they get invited to better conference and make even more money. I believe Utep has the money they just being cheap. Coach Walden said in a interview that Utep is spending $5 million on the football locker rooms Where did they get that money??
deotrj8-7e871ac8-d122-4f86-a53c-20816ed2879b.gif

Unfortunately, the only way to compete in today's Division 1 college world is with $$$ of which UTEP has minimal resources. What does UTEP Athletics do to survive?

Football and Basketball at the D1 level have become essentially professional sports. Saying these athletes are student athletes seems to be far fetched at least at the Division 1 level. I just don't see the athletes making buku bucks going to school to learn/study. It is definitely a farce.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Unfortunately, the only way to compete in today's Division 1 college world is with $$$ of which UTEP has minimal resources. What does UTEP Athletics do to survive?

Football and Basketball at the D1 level have become essentially professional sports. Saying these athletes are student athletes seems to be far fetched at least at the Division 1 level. I just don't see the athletes making buku bucks going to school to learn/study. It is definitely a farce.
Of course UTEP has minimal resources. You don’t have a massive alumni base donating. You don’t have decent attendance/season tickets because the teams don’t win. overly rely on donors because they’re “rich” and it’s the El Paso way to have them pay for everything…instead of having every graduating class donate $5/month for 10 years and tickets being sold for games to boost revenue.

“I’m not buying a ticket because they suck!” (Killing a revenue source)
“Why aren’t the rich donating”
Makes no sense

It’s a bad idea.

This is where I got the info from.

Seven figure deals aren’t flying off the shelves right now.

Fili wants to give Terrell more than Lebron James kid lol 😅
But he had good insight on the 1 armed player heading for Austin Peay with a $1.2M NIL and 4.3M followers. This influencer $h!t is getting out of hand. Don't know whether Golding should embrace the trend or ignore it. I think it would make us look bad.
:rolleyes:
Uh oh. here come the troll(s).

Reactions: kickballpro
But he had good insight on the 1 armed player heading for Austin Peay with a $1.2M NIL and 4.3M followers. This influencer $h!t is getting out of hand. Don't know whether Golding should embrace the trend or ignore it. I think it would make us look bad.
We need players to influence wins that's it lol Bronny is the highest paid, but only because of his name. He did not have a quality 1st year at USC. You're right it's out of hand and kids are getting paid for the wrong reasons in some cases.

Fili wants to give Terrell more than Lebron James kid lol 😅
It's like poker you have to pay to win. You will lose early but if you know what you doing it will pay off in the end. Utep is sitting in the poker table just folding.

Maybe 6 million is to much. But I'm just thinking to pay him from not jumping early to the NBA. Maybe $300k for the next 3 years?? And a 100k bonus, for when he graduates.

Of course UTEP has minimal resources. You don’t have a massive alumni base donating. You don’t have decent attendance/season tickets because the teams don’t win. overly rely on donors because they’re “rich” and it’s the El Paso way to have them pay for everything…instead of having every graduating class donate $5/month for 10 years and tickets being sold for games to boost revenue.

“I’m not buying a ticket because they suck!” (Killing a revenue source)
“Why aren’t the rich donating”
Makes no sense
Why aren't former players donating?? Tim Hardaway is a multi millionaire. As he ever donated to Utep?

Reactions: kickballpro
Anyone bearing anything about potential departures ?

Why aren't former players donating?? Tim Hardaway is a multi millionaire. As he ever donated to Utep?
Now see that's a valid question. I'm not sure who is and who isn't donating to the NIL Collective, again not UTEP, which doesn't pay these athletes again for those who don't get it. However one would think that Don Haskins son could get enough support to at least have a 2 or 3 million dollar NIL Collective in place! Also Fili I'm not sure after 1 year how you see Terrell jumping to the NBA early. Not saying he won't ever, but nothing from his Freshman year shows he's that guy yet.

Maybe 6 million is to much. But I'm just thinking to pay him from not jumping early to the NBA. Maybe $300k for the next 3 years?? And a 100k bonus, for when he graduates.
Who here thinks Terrell will be ready to jump to the NBA? I dont. Not anytime soon anyway. He wasn't even a starter on an average team. Bad bet Fili.

He’s not even close to NBA talent right now.
Maybe one day, don’t know if he would even make the G league today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT