ADVERTISEMENT

Tristen Newton

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Have we talked about El Paso’s own Tristen Newton lately?

Scored 25 points vs. St. John’s.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Newton and KJ Lewis are tearing it up (although had a rough game today). Happy, but sad at the same time..

Good I hope both make the NBA and get max deals throughout their careers. That way they give back to the city and maybe they can fund the arena? 😁😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: MINER.JAY
How did Rodney Terry miss out on Tristen Newton? Did UTEP recruit him?
Yeah he brought in Lathon and Hawkins with Boum as a transfer. To be fair though I'm not sure how many here were high on Tristan despite him leading the state in scoring. I doubt he would have stayed at UTEP anyway..

Reactions: kickballpro
So if Tristen/Uconn win again.

Is that like El Paso winning a title??

So if Tristen/Uconn win again.

Is that like El Paso winning a title??

8552e2d285149629e2862dbeeb6fd8cd.gif

Reactions: MineroFanatico
All the local media is saying why Utep didn't offer? Even if Utep did offer he wouldve transfered anyway.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Cool for Tristen and is family. Good for Kimani Young and UCONN. More bad for UTEP and the slew of missed opportunities.
Maybe? Tristen would be an entirely different person and player if he went to UTEP. His coach was fired at ECU, if his coach doesn’t get fired after his junior year, who knows if he decides to transfer.

He played against Hurley 1 time and scored 25 points in that game. What if he played like Zid Powell and had 5 points that game? Probably wouldn’t have stood out.

Lots of decisions and circumstances can change your life one way or another.

All the local media is saying why Utep didn't offer? Even if Utep did offer he wouldve transfered anyway.
My main problem is that the program sucks now and we had no shot of him transferring here from East Carolina. We have no shot anymore at keeping big time players home.

I'll admit he was way better than I ever thought he would be coming out of high school. I thought his scoring numbers were inflated due to weak competition. He was better than any guard at UTEP over the past 5 years (aside from maybe Boum at the end).

Anyway too late now. Maybe UTEP will go after Young, but I doubt he would even consider us.

Last edited:
Maybe with Tristens success and now KJ Lewis, also with Chapin going to the Final four in Texas. College coaches will visit El Paso more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT