ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ #8 Kansas MBB

Hey I will give you an a+ for effort … had to stop and think for 1/2 a second but only 1/2 a second 😂
We need shooters in a bad way DB, as you mentioned many times.

I decided taking a lighter approach tonight versus the last game was in order.

Reactions: develman
This team is so bad in transition. We get blocked, turn it over, or just miss easy shots during every breakaway, and it's not just this game. We have seen this all year so far

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Let me get this straight. Golding stresses defense and Kansas is shooting 66% against our defenders who he feels are capable defenders, but are shooting 25% themselves. Satterfield doesn't play because of his "D," shortcomings. I get it

Let me get this straight. Golding stresses defense and Kansas is shooting 66% against our defenders who he feels are capable defenders, but are shooting 25% themselves. Satterfield doesn't play because of his "D," shortcomings. I get it
There’s a point where you say eff defense, especially if the other team is scoring on nearly all possessions.

There’s a point where you say eff defense, especially if the other team is scoring on nearly all possessions.
Just reviewed the stats. If you remove our 3 point shots(1 for 14) we are 50% (8 for 16)
BTW my ESPN ap is not working

Teicher talked about the Kansas City Chiefs with his brother during halftime which is hilarious and fitting for this game

1473073062-clarkson-oops.gif

This entire game

I can't say that I'm surprised about our lack of offense. Unfortunately with this team that's to be expected. But the first half D really sucked. We do look better on D so far in this 2nd half.

Positive I thought our defense was much better in the second half honestly it seemed like the team settled down

Devils advocate here… but I liked Jans and he was a proven winner, and can recruit to the area. I hope UTEP didn’t fall into to beating Texas hype… I didn’t see much coaching or adjusting tonight. Looked like a Terry team. Again, not saying I don’t like Golding. Just wonder what made him better than Jans?

Devils advocate here… but I liked Jans and he was a proven winner, and can recruit to the area. I hope UTEP didn’t fall into to beating Texas hype… I didn’t see much coaching or adjusting tonight. Looked like a Terry team. Again, not saying I don’t like Golding. Just wonder what made him better than Jans?
I, on the other hand, have been all in on Golding from the get go. I have to agree with you, though. Not much in the way of coaching adjustments tonight. Definitely looked like a CRT coached team.

It pisses me off that Kennedy is still chunking so many 3s up. Why the **** would Golding allow for it? That brings up a red flag, imo.

Well atleast it’s to Kansas if this happens in conference, we may have a problem. They almost beat NMSU that has to count for something. Don’t think they win at the PIT. Tough start for the Miners.

I, on the other hand, have been all in on Golding from the get go. I have to agree with you, though. Not much in the way of coaching adjustments tonight. Definitely looked like a CRT coached team.

It pisses me off that Kennedy is still chunking so many 3s up. Why the **** would Golding allow for it? That brings up a red flag, imo.

So I ****ing cringe every time I see Kennedy starting to throw up another gawd awful 3. I have hopes for Golding but after 8 games he seems only marginally better than the former guy in that our guys seem to play with more heart.

Golding needs to have a come to Jesus chat with Kennedy and tell him that unless he is driving to the hoop he needs to look to pass first, second, and third. After that, pass the ****ing ball.

Our guys looked absolutely awful offensively tonight. Just ****ing awful.

I saw lots of hustle and effort defensively which I appreciate.

The only positive I can find is that we held them to less points than #19 Michigan St, an 8-2 Iona that made the tournament last year, and a 6-1 St John's that has only lost to Indiana and Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT