ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

I didn't know that. It's hard to tell with some bigs. I think he will be good with the right team, but I dont think he is a lottery pick. I could see him going 1st round though.

No way, man. I have no clue where our village special resident thinks he saw Bryson as a projected lottery pick but I doubt Bryson even gets drafted. He's a really good player but he's not a first rounder. I hope he's drafted but I think he goes undrafted and plays overseas unless he just decides that a business career is where he wants to go next in life.

Reactions: kickballpro
No way, man. I have no clue where our village special resident thinks he saw Bryson as a projected lottery pick but I doubt Bryson even gets drafted. He's a really good player but he's not a first rounder. I hope he's drafted but I think he goes undrafted and plays overseas unless he just decides that a business career is where he wants to go next in life.
Try following the thread.

Bassey from WK is who was being talked about as 1st round not Williams.

Try following the thread.

Ok, I'll shorten what I said so that maybe you can get the point of what I was saying. Try this:

I doubt Bryson even gets drafted. He's a really good player but he's not a first rounder. I hope he's drafted but I think he goes undrafted and plays overseas unless he just decides that a business career is where he wants to go next in life.

Better?

Ok, I'll shorten what I said so that maybe you can get the point of what I was saying. Try this:

I doubt Bryson even gets drafted. He's a really good player but he's not a first rounder. I hope he's drafted but I think he goes undrafted and plays overseas unless he just decides that a business career is where he wants to go next in life.

Better?
Naw. Maybe if you read the thread you would know the "special village resident" wasn't talking about Bryson.

Better?

Naw. Maybe if you read the thread you would know the "special village resident" wasn't talking about Bryson.

Better?

Nope. That had nothing to do with my point. It was just side blather.

Say hello to our village special resident.

Sure dude. Man up. It's not that difficult to admit you're wrong.
I have no clue where our village special resident thinks he saw Bryson as a projected lottery pick but I doubt Bryson even gets drafted.
You're the only one talking about Bryson while everyone else talked about Bassey from WKU.

Sure dude. Man up. It's not that difficult to admit you're wrong.

You're the only one talking about Bryson while everyone else talked about Bassey from WKU.

I stated my opinion on Bryson. Feel free to move on to the next post.

I stated my opinion on Bryson. Feel free to move on to the next post.
Lol. Keep digging buddy. Pointless talking with you anyways. I will call out anyone that calls someone a "village special resident" while looking like one themselves.

Lol. Keep digging buddy. Pointless talking with you anyways. I will call out anyone that calls someone a "village special resident" while looking like one themselves.

I get it, Mr. Corona. You don't like me. That's ok. I like me. And I'm pretty sure my momma likes me. That's good enough for me. Have a nice evening.

I get it, Mr. Corona. You don't like me. That's ok. I like me. And I'm pretty sure my momma likes me. That's good enough for me. Have a nice evening.
I don't like you calling someone a "village special resident" simple as that. If you're gonna dish out then be ready to receive it. Other than that I could care less about you.

I don't like you calling someone a "village special resident" simple as that. If you're gonna dish out then be ready to receive it. Other than that I could care less about you.

You gave I received. No problem there. And I actually care about you. I care about everyone. Even our village special resident. I love humanity. Except someone who will simply go unnamed here. Him and his demon spawn and his demon cult followers. Other that that, I love you and I love everyone. Love love love. That's me. That's what I'm all about. Love someone and enjoy your weekend.

To get the thread back on track, I’m sure there’s some 6’6-6’9 jucos who’ve used up their eligibility at their level.

I really wouldn’t care about their stats at that level, just having the size and depth would be good.

To get the thread back on track, I’m sure there’s some 6’6-6’9 jucos who’ve used up their eligibility at their level.

I really wouldn’t care about their stats at that level, just having the size and depth would be good.
So in other words you want a Francis Enzenwa (88-91)?

I disagree. We still need to recruit a starting center and/or PF. If we can get at least one then I think we have enough depth and experience from Tydus to start the season now. If they decide to recruit more depth than that's fine too, but I dont think that's Golding's plan

Reactions: MinerManiac
After listening to Kappy’s interview with Coach Golding last night, he said that Tydus will play the 4 or 5 spot and that there was no secret that they need to recruit front court. He said it will probably be a transfer or a graduate transfer who can come in immediately. Good interview and he gave info on his staff, current players and the basketball camp.

looks like someone doesnt know how read...

I disagree. We still need to recruit a starting center and/or PF. If we can get at least one then I think we have enough depth and experience from Tydus to start the season now. If they decide to recruit more depth than that's fine too, but I dont think that's Golding's plan
I would love a starting caliber center or power forward obviously, I just don’t think any are left. At least I wouldn’t think so.

So for me of what is left available, give me an older player who’s played before at least.

Last edited:
I would love a starting caliber center or power forward obviously, I just don’t think any are left. At least I wouldn’t think so.

So for me of what is left available, give me an older player who’s played before at least.
Marcus Bagley ASU, Moussa Cisse Memphis, AJ Bramah Robert Morris, Kevin Samuel TCU, Yor Anei SMU are all still available.

Bagley is for sure a P5 guy, but he did watch us kick his team's ass last year. Bramah is a 20/10 guy most likely looking to move up.

Samuel is a proven low post player from the Big 12 that may be looking to go somewhere he can be 'the man'. Cisse and Anai are rim protectors that are most likely looking at mid major schools.

The BW saga is lingering too, but his name is in the portal (even if ESPN has him ranked near the bottom of the transfer list).

Last edited:
Marcus Bagley ASU, Moussa Cisse Memphis, AJ Bramah Robert Morris, Kevin Samuel TCU, Yor Anei SMU are all still abailable.

Bagley is for sure a P5 guy, but he did watch us kick his team's ass last year. Bramah is a 20/10 guy most likely looking to move up.

Samuel is a proven low post player from the Big 12 that may be looking to go somewhere he can be 'the man'. Cisse and Anai are rim protectors that are most likely looking at mid major schools.

The BW saga is lingering too, but his name is in the portal (even if ESPN has him ranked near the bottom of the transfer list).
Nice research. Well said.

He is visiting Texas Tech today. Would be interesting if he goes to Tech and they play UTEP this season.
He’s gotta know TT won’t be the same team without Beard running the show. I bet they take a few steps backwards.

Really curious as to why BW hasn’t pulled the trigger (with any team) yet.

Beard and Terry are BFF and Tech didn't play us in the regular season. Doubt they play us now.

Hey Lil_Train, have you heard ANYTHING on the recruiting front lately?
It's been pretty quiet. As axing mentioned there are a few interior guys available in the portal, but I haven't heard us linked to any of those guys, other than perhaps Samuel. It is possible some JC guys qualify/graduate late, and Pierre and Fox are in on some of those guys. I do think Golding will pick up at least two interior guys, I'm just not sure how impactful they will be at this point in the recruiting cycle.

It's been pretty quiet. As axing mentioned there are a few interior guys available in the portal, but I haven't heard us linked to any of those guys, other than perhaps Samuel. It is possible some JC guys qualify/graduate late, and Pierre and Fox are in on some of those guys. I do think Golding will pick up at least two interior guys, I'm just not sure how impactful they will be at this point in the recruiting cycle.
I would be pumped if we got Samuel.

He’s gotta know TT won’t be the same team without Beard running the show. I bet they take a few steps backwards.

Really curious as to why BW hasn’t pulled the trigger (with any team) yet.
Call it sour grapes or homerism, but I think beard is about to be exposed as a fraud. Time will tell, but my money is on him not making it to year 4 in Austin. Not saying Adams is going to take us to the final four in year 3, but I don't believe the drop off will be all that sharp.

Call it sour grapes or homerism, but I think beard is about to be exposed as a fraud. Time will tell, but my money is on him not making it to year 4 in Austin. Not saying Adams is going to take us to the final four in year 3, but I don't believe the drop off will be all that sharp.
Fair enough. Find it hard to believe Beard is a possible fraud, though. The guy can flat out coach, imo.

Ive enjoyed watching Tech’s recent bb success. Hope you’re right.

Reactions: techsloth
Defense wins championships so maybe you're right. You guys are in the same boat as us. Great defensive minded coaches in their first year at the top of our programs. Also, Beard and Golding had extensive defensive help from their assistants. Hopefully we'll meet on the court this season. Cheers!

Reactions: techsloth
Lol. Fraud? I guess his resume was from the DoD UAP/UFO findings.

Reactions: nattybry
I think he makes a final four before year 4.

Beard had you guys more recognized than ever before and took you further than anyone in Red Raider History. Yes you have Sour Grapes, No he's not a fraud lol 🤣

Baylor will win the big 12 this coming year so we shall see about Texas the following year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT