ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Coach Golding is the one who probably requested coach Floyd. Get over it! Support, have fun. Life’s too short to complain. Yes, proud graduate of both schools ;)

i-regret-nothing-dont-care.gif

That event tells you how clueless UTEP marketing is. No real fan of UTEP basketball wants to see Tim Floyd again, let alone pay money to see him.
You always have an open door to your legends and alums. His HC tenure went down in flames but you can not erase the legacy he helped build during the 80s and he is an El Pasoan who has left his mark on the sport. I think it's a good idea.

"See mom, I can play nice in the sandbox!"

You always have an open door to your legends and alums. His HC tenure went down in flames but you can not erase the legacy he helped build during the 80s and he is an El Pasoan who has left his mark on the sport. I think it's a good idea.

"See mom, I can play nice in the sandbox!"
I know how most on here wanted Tim gone and were very adamant about their dislike for him. I guess I was a bit more patient and not so anxious for him to go. He definitely didn't live up to the expectations that we or he had. I always wanted success for him. I hope he receives a very warm welcome from those at the dinner. Wish I could be there!

He had to go, just like Kugler. However, that doesn't diminish their entire body of work and performance in prior years at UTEP. They still deserve respect and accolades because of it.

Reactions: miner1liner
He had to go, just like Kugler. However, that doesn't diminish their entire body of work and performance in prior years at UTEP. They still deserve respect and accolades because of it.
Floyd didn’t accomplish anything at UTEP. He was an assistant coach under Haskins, while he wasn’t in the twilight of his career. Floyd promised to “bring back the 80s”. He’s the worst of all-time and quit in the middle of a season. Rodney Terry didn’t promise anything or give fans delusions of grandeur.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
So any actual recruiting news??
Yeah, Golding offered a 7'-3" kid smack dab in Western Kentucky's back yard. I expect WK to return the favor in the near future. Very raw recruit but making huge strides as his growth progresses.

What's the update on the tall Canadian kid??? He seems to be very involved on social media with Utep news. I think he follows most of the players. I think he is going to be a good one .

Floyd didn’t accomplish anything at UTEP. He was an assistant coach under Haskins, while he wasn’t in the twilight of his career. Floyd promised to “bring back the 80s”. He’s the worst of all-time and quit in the middle of a season. Rodney Terry didn’t promise anything or give fans delusions of grandeur.
He has the second most wins as a HC in UTEP basketball. So there's that.

Reactions: FedupMiner
I don't know don't care. Tim Floyd is number 2 in overall wins. It might stay like that for a while.
I would expect a person who coached 5 more years and 6 games to have more wins than Billy Gillespie and Doc Sadler. I would expect a person who coached 4 more years and 6 games to have more wins than Rodney Terry and Jason Rabedeuax. I would expect a person who coached 3 more years and 6 games to have more wins than Tony Barbee. Wouldn’t you?

2nd most wins is a meaningless stat with no context.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
I would expect a person who coached 5 more years and 6 games to have more wins than Billy Gillespie and Doc Sadler. I would expect a person who coached 4 more years and 6 games to have more wins than Rodney Terry and Jason Rabedeuax. I would expect a person who coached 3 more years and 6 games to have more wins than Tony Barbee. Wouldn’t you?

2nd most wins is a meaningless stat with no context.
Yeah. For a university that prides itself as a basketball school imo being the second most winningest coach is a nice achievement.

Yeah. For a university that prides itself as a basketball school imo being the second most winningest coach is a nice achievement.
Pretty easy to be #2 when #1 coached for almost 40 years and you coached at least 3 more than everyone else. He was great! Hope we build a statue of him next to Haskins!

Pretty easy to be #2 when #1 coached for almost 40 years and you coached at least 3 more than everyone else. He was great! Hope we build a statue of him next to Haskins!
It's really not that easy. If we gave Terry another 4 years do you think he reaches #2?

I would say CTF was probably the 3rd best UTEP coach (despite the highest expectations) we've had since Haskins. He did have a lot of wins, but the length of his tenure obviously plays a role too.

No one said all that lol. It's just a nice achievement that not many will be able to do. Either cuz they lose and they're fired or cuz they win and bolt.

What's the update on the tall Canadian kid??? He seems to be very involved on social media with Utep news. I think he follows most of the players. I think he is going to be a good one .
What's the name of the Canadian?

Nah. This could be good if TF sticks to story telling only. If he starts talking shit about players transferring, media, getting screwed over, blah blah blah then it's gonna go south real quick.
Do you REALLY think Floyd would do that to Golding?

Do you REALLY think Floyd would do that to Golding?
Floyd does have a history of "going off script" but he has to perform at the upper echelons of basketball and it is a pressure cooker.

However, he'll be amongst his element so his diplomacy will be fine.

But, this is the Golding show like uni states.

Reactions: LTMiner61
When and where are practices held? I'll be in town later this month and would like to see the Miners practice, if possible.

This tweet kind of makes it seem like you need permission to watch practices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT