ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Anyone hear if that hill commit is still staying ? Khalfani hill I think it was ?
Haven’t heard. Kinda forgot about him. He actually signed his LOI last November. Will be interesting to see whether or not he wants out of his commitment. Good skill and great wing span for a 6’ 9” kid. Needs to put on a few pounds of muscle. Hope he stays.

I think he could have an immediate impact in the front court.

good for him. Only juco player i got excited for was Fili. All other jucos YAWWWWN . Was Fili and Omar THomas the last good Juco players UTEP got??
Jeremy Williams went to JUCO after being at Colorado. Other than him I can't think of any.

good for him. Only juco player i got excited for was Fili. All other jucos YAWWWWN . Was Fili and Omar THomas the last good Juco players UTEP got??
Shocker!!

No. Lee Moore and Earvin Morris were pretty good.

EDIT: Just saw your last post. Two guys I mentioned.

Reactions: Lil_Train
On the same teams, Jason Williams was a Juco transfer, too. So that's three pretty good Juco transfers on the same team at the same time, a pretty good team if I remember correctly.

You think it's a good sign Tydus and Bryson are taking so long? I'm still holding out hope, and the fact utep hasn't mentioned a Big Man xfr yet is a positive sign.

You think it's a good sign Tydus and Bryson are taking so long? I'm still holding out hope, and the fact utep hasn't mentioned a Big Man xfr yet is a positive sign.
I don’t know who exactly you’re asking, but I will answer with MY opinion. It’s not good for anyone. It prevents UTEP from recruiting their replacements and they (Tydus/Bryson) run the risk of their preferred choice running out of scholarships. Especially Tydus.

Why would a post player commit to UTEP knowing those two still “might” come back next year? Especially if they have 1 season left to play.

I don’t know who exactly you’re asking, but I will answer with MY opinion. It’s not good for anyone. It prevents UTEP from recruiting their replacements and they (Tydus/Bryson) run the risk of their preferred choice running out of scholarships. Especially Tydus.

Why would a post player commit to UTEP knowing those two still “might” come back next year? Especially if they have 1 season left to play.
True. At some point Golding has to say something like "would love to have you on the team but you need to let me know by x time so I know who to recruit."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠!”<br><br>👏👏👏👏👏 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PicksUp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#PicksUp</a> <a href="https://t.co/Lxwem9KJjz">pic.twitter.com/Lxwem9KJjz</a></p>&mdash; UTEP Men’s Basketball (@UTEP_MBB) <a href="">April 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If those two come back including Souley and some good transfers, there might be hope for next year!
I'm in a "hold my breath" mode right now. The suspense is getting to me. Like you said, throw in some quality additions (mainly inside power bodies) and who knows?
Wish I knew how to add the Twitter video to Miner Digs for all to see.

Reactions: shyminer81
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠!”<br><br>👏👏👏👏👏 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PicksUp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#PicksUp</a> <a href="https://t.co/Lxwem9KJjz">pic.twitter.com/Lxwem9KJjz</a></p>&mdash; UTEP Men’s Basketball (@UTEP_MBB) <a href=" ">April 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meanwhile, Football hasn't tweeted anything since April 10th

I just want to see what new players we get .... suspense is killing me
I get the feeling that Golding could either flop in recruiting or he could go big and suprise the hell out of some of us. I can't tell if no news is good or bad with him.

I'm not worried about recruiting one bit. The last two years Charlotte has had the best class and it hasn't shown in the standings. UNT on the other hand had an unranked class, #8 and #11 class and they've won two cusa trophies in two years. All these 3 star kids and transfers are about the same level. It's what the coach does with them that matters.

I'm not worried about recruiting one bit. The last two years Charlotte has had the best class and it hasn't shown in the standings. UNT on the other hand had an unranked class, #8 and #11 class and they've won two cusa trophies in two years. All these 3 star kids and transfers are about the same level. It's what the coach does with them that matters.
That is true but you still gotta have the players... we are in desperate need of big guys down below and shooters ....

I think the biggest selling point for Bryson would be that here he wouldn't really have to prove himself. He already has a spot in the starting rotation and considering he only has one year to prove, that might be enough. On the other hand, because he only has one year, he might want to get all the exposure he can which might not happen at UTEP.

Put yourself in his shoes... if you only had one year left what would you do? I love utep but his best option is to go somewhere that he thinks he could get good playing time on a team with an above average shot of making the ncaa tournament ...you would probably look at the options he has and I would find a team looking at finishing 3rd-5th in a power five conference if he has any offers from teams in that spot ...

get good exposure
Multiple chances to play against good competition and prove yourself
Chance to play in ncaa tourney

here he just becomes another leading scorer on a bad team unless Golding pulls out a miracle because our conference until it proves otherwise is a 1 bid league whether it should be or not

Put yourself in his shoes... if you only had one year left what would you do? I love utep but his best option is to go somewhere that he thinks he could get good playing time on a team with an above average shot of making the ncaa tournament ...you would probably look at the options he has and I would find a team looking at finishing 3rd-5th in a power five conference if he has any offers from teams in that spot ...

get good exposure
Multiple chances to play against good competition and prove yourself
Chance to play in ncaa tourney

here he just becomes another leading scorer on a bad team unless Golding pulls out a miracle because our conference until it proves otherwise is a 1 bid league whether it should be or not
I know, I know...I'm just tying to give myself any silver lining possible. If I were him, I'm going to UT or USC...both schools with potential for big tourney runs next year

What if he ends up at Central Michigan??
Naw just kidding.

I think if he doesn't stay then he should go west coast (Oregon, USC, San Diego St). I dont think exposure is an issue. He is known to those who need to know. I think he would just want to make the NCAA and be a big contributor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT