ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

It would be very hard to understand the thinking of any of these guys to leave. NONE have a better opportunity elsewhere except if Boum goes overseas.....
I would understand Marring leaving though.....he could get more playing time at UTRGV......

I hope you're right.

I heard from somebody who heard from somebody who evidently heard from somebody that Kennedy may not be back. LOL! Considering how far down the stream I am in this passing of info, I asked the person who told me if he considered his source legit. He said solid source. That makes me nervous.

However, I'm just gonna ride the season out and accept that the cards will fall where they may. I trust Golding is taking this program in the right direction and we will be back. That, and I still hold out hope that we can somehow string 4 games together. It isn't exactly rare that a 3, 4, 5, 6 seed in a conference tourney gets hot and runs the table...especially amongst the mid major conferences. Here's to hoping for a nice run over the next few days!!
I heard he passed out at 31 Flavors.

I hope you're right.

I heard from somebody who heard from somebody who evidently heard from somebody that Kennedy may not be back. LOL! Considering how far down the stream I am in this passing of info, I asked the person who told me if he considered his source legit. He said solid source. That makes me nervous.

However, I'm just gonna ride the season out and accept that the cards will fall where they may. I trust Golding is taking this program in the right direction and we will be back. That, and I still hold out hope that we can somehow string 4 games together. It isn't exactly rare that a 3, 4, 5, 6 seed in a conference tourney gets hot and runs the table...especially amongst the mid major conferences. Here's to hoping for a nice run over the next few days!!
We may be talking to the same guy :)

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Big man! Big man! Big man!

uBYvew.gif

Reactions: SisyphusMiner
Damn we are recruiting a LOT of guards! I'm not looking forward to a rebuild (if that's where we are headed). We need to keep our guys AND add some better players.

Last edited:
H
People from around the world come here for geosciences, you are aware of that, right? "Miner and Metallurgy". See and hear all about the Miners fans at UNT, Houston or when when they play in SoCal? UTEP Engineering. Top five Hispanic school.
He is transfering from Cornell. If its between Stanford and UTEP, where you think he is going??

Damn we are recruiting a LOT of guards! I'm not looking forward to a rebuild (if that's where we are headed). We need to keep our guys AND add some better players.
Maybe these new guys will be better than this years team. You never know, maybe it can be rebuilt better than what it is now. Just be optimistic. Every single team has to go through this.

UTEP is high academic school??
Well, after I received my BS and MS mathematics I was accepted to Stanford and UT's doctoral programs. I ended up at UT because I could not afford Stanford's tuition - even with scholarships and assistantships.

My brother received a degree in Mechanical Engineering and was hired by IBM out in Silicon Valley.

So, yeah.

lieb

There’s a BIG! 6’ 10”, 280#s. Only played a couple minutes a game his rs freshman year in jc ball. Didn’t play his true freshman year.

You know anything about him train?

Reactions: picks up
There’s a BIG! 6’ 10”, 280#s. Only played a couple minutes a game his rs freshman year in jc ball. Didn’t play his true freshman year.

You know anything about him train?
I knew they were after a JC big, but I missed that they offered a couple of weeks back. Seems like a bit of a project, but will try to find out more on him.

I knew they were after a JC big, but I missed that they offered a couple of weeks back. Seems like a bit of a project, but will try to find out more on him.
I read that he didn’t play organized bb until 9th grade. Had a couple years in hs where he had to play jv due to ineligibility from moving schools. Definitely seems like a project. Hope we go after another big.

Wonder if he is insurance because one or more of our bigs not named TV are leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT