ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Yep. I agree. He needs to hang on to the 4/5 guys that have been mentioned. The guy to keep an eye on is Onyema, who still has the first year transfer waiver available. You just never know in the NIL era with the money being thrown around. If Golding has to rebuild like last year (10/11 new guys), that doesn't bode well for his chances for success. He mentioned over and over again during the year that the teams doing well in CUSA were the ones that were able to hold onto most of their good players. It is his turn to do that at UTEP, and quite frankly, I don't see any on the roster that have a great chance to move up and get that NIL $$$ (other than Onyema).
Saving grace might be Onyema did not have a great year... but big men are coveted

Reactions: Lil_Train
Givance came from Evansville. You're thinking about Juwan Newtons (also from Evansville) brother Tristen (from ECU).

However, yeah Givances Evansville team won 6 games last year. Hardys Southern Miss team was awful as well. Being the leading scorer for an awful team can be a bad sign at times.
Well, hardy fumbles the ball while dribbling up the court multiple times a game, with pressure or no pressure, seems that be a pretty bad sign for a guard.

I'd like to hear it as well. He may also execute a tricky way of answering without actually answering like politicians do.

I like the WCC. Santa Clara is a good fit. Herb Sendek is a good coach.

Golding needs to hook up with the UTEP boosters back west and ask to sleep in the cabana and steal some west coast kids.
WTF does this have to do with anything? The Temple transfer simply mentions Santa Clara as a possible destination like UTEP. Who is Santa Clara a good fit for? Have you seen this Temple player play in a game?

Really surprised how quiet it’s been. Not sure if that’s good or bad. (Specific to who transfers)
It's not good. Golding is a poor recruiter. Even if he gets lucky on a young high schooler, they won't stay at UTEP. He needs to hire a recruiter AND change his thinking about how's he's gonna recruit (either that or our AD needs to take charge).

Also regarding the NIL money who knows what we are dealing with. For all we know the well is dry?

It's not good. Golding is a poor recruiter. Even if he gets lucky on a young high schooler, they won't stay at UTEP. He needs to hire a recruiter AND change his thinking about how's he's gonna recruit (either that or our AD needs to take charge).

Also regarding the NIL money who knows what we are dealing with. For all we know the well is dry?
Guessing again? Unemployed Keyboard Warrior.

It took a while last season as well. I'm always interested too, but my excitement level is way down this year.
It seemed like it all came out relatively quickly after Southern Utah smashed us in the DHC, but that's probably just bad memory.

I also have low expectations for next season, especially if Golding doesn't make minimum two or three huge gets in the portal. This team needs two scorers atleast.

Let us know when you find them
Something I have never understood is how you can be such a bad shooter at the d-1 level….. I play maybe once a year and within 30 minutes I can knock down about 11-15 in a row from 3pt range which ends up translating to about 2 out of every 5 I shoot in a pickup game no matter the level — played against ex d-1 players - normal Rec players like me —- i just see it as players not putting the work on the Bball floor — maybe focusing too much on athleticism?

Reactions: axingfools1
Something I have never understood is how you can be such a bad shooter at the d-1 level….. I play maybe once a year and within 30 minutes I can knock down about 11-15 in a row from 3pt range which ends up translating to about 2 out of every 5 I shoot in a pickup game no matter the level — played against ex d-1 players - normal Rec players like me —- i just see it as players not putting the work on the Bball floor — maybe focusing too much on athleticism?
Maybe you and Fili and someone else should get in on the 3-on-3 circuit.

Any eligibility left? I wouldn't care as long as you can hit shots!

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT