ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Something I have never understood is how you can be such a bad shooter at the d-1 level….. I play maybe once a year and within 30 minutes I can knock down about 11-15 in a row from 3pt range which ends up translating to about 2 out of every 5 I shoot in a pickup game no matter the level — played against ex d-1 players - normal Rec players like me —- i just see it as players not putting the work on the Bball floor — maybe focusing too much on athleticism?
Try this- SPRINT back & forth a dozen times then take a rushed game speed shot and then rinse & repeat after a dozen more sprints
I think you will find your % drops a good bit

"Shooting 100 game speed shots is more valuable than 500 lazy shots. Lazy shooting is a waste of time" - Jeff Hornacek

Reactions: utep2step
Try this- SPRINT back & forth a dozen times then take a rushed game speed shot and then rinse & repeat after a dozen more sprints

"Shooting 100 game speed shots is more valuable than 500 lazy shots. Lazy shooting is a waste of time" - Jeff Hornacek
All the excuses in the book —- if you read my post at all I said in games especially tough games your fg will drop — I said I could go make 11-15 in a row just shooting after 30 minutes even though I only play once every couple of months but when the games would start I would make around 2 out of 5 — part of it in fatigue and good defense — look at Utep shooting even when they warm up it’s brick city which brings my question …

Tell Miami that. 28-32 in a very high paced, high scoring game.

Excuses

Since no news has come out, here's an article about Elijah Jones. Sounds like a 3-4 tweener much like Sibley, except a better version. We will see.

Nice replacement for Sibley.

Is anyone expecting much of Trey Horton Freshman SG from North Carolina? I watched a couple of videos of his and the guy shoots NBA threes like he's on a Sunday drive. Couldn't find stats for him though.
I would say Jones is his replacement. Frazier and Dis Anjos will man the 3.

Interesting regarding Horton. Maybe he's a diamond in the rough? That seems to be Golding's strategy.

At this point it's like the train in Ohio.
animation i think i can GIF by joeyahlbum

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I would say Jones is his replacement. Frazier and Dis Anjos will man the 3.

Interesting regarding Horton. Maybe he's a diamond in the rough? That seems to be Golding's strategy.
Golding has mentioned dos Anjos is a 4. So, in theory, he would back up/compliment Solomon. Hicks is a 3, so he would compete with Frazier.

On Horton, I've heard he has a ways to go defend at a high level, but can obviously shoot. Terrell is the polar opposite in that he can defend, but can't shoot. I think Horton has a better opportunity to play just based on the need for shooting. Then again, Golding still hasn't brought in a veteran PG yet.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Lol same thing as last year. They make sure they note that they aren't committed to utep. Golding and Co cannot close to save their lives.

Would be a good pick up it seems. We need scorers.

Lol same thing as last year. They make sure they note that they aren't committed to utep. Golding and Co cannot close to save their lives.

Would be a good pick up it seems. We need scorers.
It would be nice to hear that someone has committed,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT