ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Not true... The one mentioning here yes, but there have been some who were leading scorers on mid majors like Wyoming, Chicago St and North Dakota that would be good pick ups. However I don't think Golding will be able to land any of these guys
Wetzel wasn’t the leading scorer at Wyoming last year?!?

Reactions: kickballpro
I said some were, not necessarily him. He was just a quality one I also mentioned that would be a good pick up
How would one decipher that from this
“but there have been some who were leading scorers on mid majors like Wyoming, Chicago St and North Dakota that would be good pick ups.”?

Do the leading scorers from Wyoming, Chicago St, and UND have interest from UTEP or not? You’re implying that the leading scorers from all 3 schools have received interest from UTEP.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Not true... The one mentioning here yes, but there have been some who were leading scorers on mid majors like Wyoming, Chicago St and North Dakota that would be good pick ups. However I don't think Golding will be able to land any of these guys
So still no hope. Awesome

• Haha
Reactions: nattybry
How would one decipher that from this
“but there have been some who were leading scorers on mid majors like Wyoming, Chicago St and North Dakota that would be good pick ups.”?

Do the leading scorers from Wyoming, Chicago St, and UND have interest from UTEP or not? You’re implying that the leading scorers from all 3 schools have received interest from UTEP.
No need to decipher, I explained already. I can see that I mistakenly included the guy from Wyoming without clarifying, end of story. I still like that kid, plus he was a former UTEP recruit.

Another recruiting hype man. Exactly what this board needs!
Who? I missed anyone hyping up the players Golding has targeted. This includes me. Saying some of the kids seem like good pick ups, but I doubt Golding can get those ones, definitely isn't hyping anyone. Again maybe I missed the hype man though that you're speaking of. There was an article on 600 ESPN hyping some of the guys by Zay or saying why they'd be good fits though. That was an informative article actually about the current targets. I don't love any of the targets, but some are decent and some are laughable that we're even considering.

Who? I missed anyone hyping up the players Golding has targeted. This includes me. Saying some of the kids seem like good pick ups, but I doubt Golding can get those ones, definitely isn't hyping anyone. Again maybe I missed the hype man though that you're speaking of. There was an article on 600 ESPN hyping some of the guys by Zay or saying why they'd be good fits though. That was an informative article actually about the current targets. I don't love any of the targets, but some are decent and some are laughable that we're even considering.
Whoever hypes up recruits. Those that will never step foot on campus and those that will be here a year or two.

Recruiting articles aren’t my cup of tea. Grown a$s men obsessing over some teenagers.

Reactions: KaneFan29
Whoever hypes up recruits. Those that will never step foot on campus and those that will be here a year or two.

Recruiting articles aren’t my cup of tea. Grown a$s men obsessing over some teenagers.
The article was about transfers so they probably aren't teenagers exactly, but correct me if I'm wrong? Isn't being College Sports fans and even having this blog or talking about how UTEP stinks or how good or bad we think they'll be the same thing? We're grow'n Adults talking about the school's we root for and 18-22 year old players being good or not doing so good. I get ya on recruiting and not believe the hype until they play for your team though.

The article was about transfers so they probably aren't teenagers exactly, but correct me if I'm wrong? Isn't being College Sports fans and even having this blog or talking about how UTEP stinks or how good or bad we think they'll be the same thing? We're grow'n Adults talking about the school's we root for and 18-22 year old players being good or not doing so good. I get ya on recruiting and not believe the hype until they play for your team though.
That’s all true bro. I only care once they’re in a utep uniform. I don’t care to hear that x player that hasn’t signed is the next Kevin Durant.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
That’s all true bro. I only care once they’re in a utep uniform. I don’t care to hear that x player that hasn’t signed is the next Kevin Durant.
Lol 😂 You're an Elephant 🐘 that was like 100 years ago and it was one time get over it lol. Sports prognosticators are wrong all the time. I believed the hype on him and he didn't pan out. As I recall though I never said the next Kevin Durant. I may have said he had a similar skill set lol Either way I was way off, cause he wasn't even Kevin Durain't lol 😅

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Lol 😂 You're an Elephant 🐘 that was like 100 years ago and it was one time get over it lol. Sports prognosticators are wrong all the time. I believed the hype on him and he didn't pan out. As I recall though I never said the next Kevin Durant. I may have said he had a similar skill set lol Either way I was way off, cause he wasn't even Kevin Durain't lol 😅
Clever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT