ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

It might be. However, at best, he could replace Hardy or Powell. Is he going to be an upgrade? I don’t think so.

What other schools offered him? I can’t find any others. That tells me more than the stats he put up.

Maybe you don’t expect enough and are content with the losing program UTEP has become under Terry and Bronzeing.
The only person I know that used the term "Bronzeing" is... Welcome back NoWins

Watched some highlights. Bynum has a high level jump shot and is a good finisher.
I think he is a solid pickup. Similar to how we viewed Camper last year. Hopefully, Bynum adjusts back quickly to D1 level, and can minimize the up and down issues we saw with Camper. In terms of roster construction, I view Bynum as a guy who can come right in and take a good chunk of Hardy's minutes.

We still need another guard to make of for losing Powell, as well as a forward who can make up for what Solomon and dos Anjos should have been. I have very little confidence that Jones can come in and play starter minutes due to the fact that he is essentially a freshman again in terms of game experience. Also, I bet Golding is going to ride Terrell and Thomas at the point; meaning I would be surprised if he adds another true PG.

Last year, Barnes shot nearly 40% from 3 pt range, and 86% from the line. He's small, but would provide another scoring option in the backcourt.
Sounds like a good add. Timbug was 6'. Good stats. If he wasn't a good defender, Golding wouldn't be after him.
But why is UTEP recruiting a Tarleton St player? Why does Gillispie want to give him up?

Reactions: kickballpro
He'd be a good pick up and we'd be set at guard. I mentioned his name before, but nothing's official yet. Let's get him signed then get a 6-7/6-8 guy who can shoot and rebound!
I was hoping for an experienced transfer point guard that can lead the team and give Terrell some more room to grow. Still hoping for that PF as well.

Here's what I've got.
HEBB
CAMPER
TERRELL
HORTON
FRAZIER
MBENGUE
HAMILTON
JONES
KALU

PLUS:
THOMAS
BYNUM

That's eleven. Am I missing someone?

Reactions: MinerManiac
I'm not impressed. Why does Golding recruit like he is still at ACU? Walden has proven Utep can recruit high major players. Golding and his staff aren't recruiting high major players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT