ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Ticket Prices

This has been tried for decades. We have data points. It doesn't work. It doesn't increase season ticket sales or revenue. It does the opposite, it cheapens the product. People bitch about any small increases in ticket or concessions prices. It lowers revenue.
They do exactly this at Baylor and it has worked…. Think it would do The same for Utep

Reactions: anon_yegnbe5pin2so
I am curious what the reason for drastic increases in Ticket Prices. Its not like UTEP is financing a new stadium or arena. I think people would pay an extra $10 if they knew that the $10 was going towards something significant.

But from what I understand, the increase in ticket prices is so that Season Ticket Holders don't complain about the donation portion of their tickets.
You mean like WiFi, LED lighting, structural upgrades.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
I went to the Old Dominion game and paid 16 dollars for a seat in the nose bleed section behind the Miners bench. How does this compare to the Haskins Center? It sounds like the Athletic Department needs to find a balance between getting fans in the seats and revenue generation.

I went to the Old Dominion game and paid 16 dollars for a seat in the nose bleed section behind the Miners bench. How does this compare to the Haskins Center? It sounds like the Athletic Department needs to find a balance between getting fans in the seats and revenue generation.
It's the same price. The big difference in price is in the better seats. To sit about 20 rows behind the bench at ODU is $18 at UTEP it's $58.

This has been tried for decades. We have data points. It doesn't work. It doesn't increase season ticket sales or revenue. It does the opposite, it cheapens the product. People bitch about any small increases in ticket or concessions prices. It lowers revenue.

Who "we"? Do you work for UTEP?

So you're saying UTEP'S revenue is higher this year? Do you have any facts to prove this?

The Locos and Chihuahuas have $5 tickets and it didn't hurt them.

You have no clue what you're talking about. You don't even know how much the average movie ticket costs.

Who "we"? Do you work for UTEP?

So you're saying UTEP'S revenue is higher this year? Do you have any facts to prove this?

The Locos and Chihuahuas have $5 tickets and it didn't hurt them.

You have no clue what you're talking about. You don't even know how much the average movie ticket costs.
I donate money to UTEP. That's why I say we. I know what I'm talking.

You're comparing UTEP athletics to minor league sports. You don't don't what you're talking about.

• Haha
I donate money to UTEP. That's why I say we. I know what I'm talking.

You're comparing UTEP athletics to minor league sports. You don't don't what you're talking about.

I donate as well. I don't care if they have $1 tickets. I will keep donating.

You said: "This has been tried for decades. We have data points. It doesn't work. It doesn't increase season ticket sales or revenue"

What are your data points? What proof do you have that it doesn't increase tickets sales or revenue?

You also said: "Most theaters now charge around $28 a person to see a movie. UTEP's get in price is half that."

You sir, have no clue how much things cost and you're the last person that should be involved in a conversation about pricing.

I donate as well. I don't care if they have $1 tickets. I will keep donating.

You said: "This has been tried for decades. We have data points. It doesn't work. It doesn't increase season ticket sales or revenue"

What are your data points? What proof do you have that it doesn't increase tickets sales or revenue?

You also said: "Most theaters now charge around $28 a person to see a movie. UTEP's get in price is half that."

You sir, have no clue how much things cost and you're the last person that should be involved in a conversation about pricing.
You compared UTEP athletics to monor league you're an idiot.

• Haha
You compared UTEP athletics to monor league you're an idiot.

Kappy also has compared UTEP to the Locos and the Chihuahuas. I guess you also think he's an idiot.

You don't have any data points and you have no proof that lower prices doesn't increase season ticket sales or revenue because all you're doing is talking out of your a$$.

You're the only person on here who thinks the average price of a movie ticket is $28. I thought Fili was the resident dumba$$. You sir, have taken his place.

Kappy also has compared UTEP to the Locos and the Chihuahuas. I guess you also think he's an idiot.

You don't have any data points and you have no proof that lower prices doesn't increase season ticket sales or revenue because all you're doing is talking out of your a$$.

You're the only person on here who thinks the average price of a movie ticket is $28. I thought Fili was the resident dumba$$. You sir, have taken his place.
woah man. that's a stretch, but a poll should be taken before you make a statement like that.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico
I think the poster may have taken issue, albeit jokingly, with your declaration that minerforlife has taken over as “resident dumba$$”. Not the $28 ticket comment.

How about they can share the top spot? :D

Knock yourself out. I’ve stopped making those distinctions. Not cuz I’m holier than thou, but because I’ve probably held the title a time or two myself. 😏

No way, Fanatico. You're never been anywhere close to that level.

By the way, where the heck is NoWins? No, I'm not putting him at that level. Just wondering where he went.

No way, Fanatico. You're never been anywhere close to that level.

By the way, where the heck is NoWins? No, I'm not putting him at that level. Just wondering where he went.
Haha. Thanks for the vote of confidence Killer.

jcorona and I were just wondering about NoWins. Same with miner1liner. Both just abruptly and completely dropped off the face of Digs. Hope they’re both ok.

In year 7 of the Floyd era we were 2-13. By that time the fan base was exhausted of underachieving. During conference we still had crowds of 6k, flirted with 7k a few times and even hit over 8k.

Our biggest crowd this year was the home opener and there's no telling how many of those were because of the free tickets season holders received.

Could the 100% price increase to the cheapest tickets have something to do with it?
Floyd was the last chance to keep the olds coming. Most of them are gone now.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Haha. Thanks for the vote of confidence Killer.

jcorona and I were just wondering about NoWins. Same with miner1liner. Both just abruptly and completely dropped off the face of Digs. Hope they’re both ok.
No Wins has been waiting for CJG to shit the bed. Since that hasn’t yet happened, he’s back to shit on ticket pricing.

Reactions: groundrounds
Nowins is probably banned so he started up a few minerfan personalities because he can't stop posting.
I'm worried about 1liner though. We have had lunch together a few times and he is in a high risk catagory for the Rona.

No Wins has been waiting for CJG to shit the bed. Since that hasn’t yet happened, he’s back to shit on ticket pricing.
I don’t think that’s NoWins. Two very different tones.

Now, I think you may be right, that he’s waiting for CJG to shit the bed…or something along those lines before making his grand (re)entrance.

Reactions: unihorn
Floyd was the last chance to keep the olds coming. Most of them are gone now.

Not just the old people, it affected all fans. Right now, I can't even give away the tickets I can't use.

I always wondered what would have happened if things turned out differently on March 12, 2011.

Reactions: picks up
On Saturday they'll be cleaning up and tearing down the Bad Bunny set. On Monday Tyler the Creator is playing the Don.
So it's Bad Bunny's fault that UTEP is forced to play on Super Bowl Sunday. Show is completely sold out and re sale tickets start at $400. It's hard for UTEP to turn down the money that will be made from the concert.

Not since Mike Price has there been a coach like Golding who has literally invested himself into the community. El Pasoan's will notice that and if progress continues, basketball tickets will become a hot commodity like they were during Billy Clyde's second year or the 2010 CUSA team.

Just keep doing what your doing coach.

Outside chance if ElPaso supports his teams like the old days, he sticks around awhile. Wishful thinking I know, but it’s time Utep gets a break.
images

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT