ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football died today, again.....

HoustonDan

New guy
Nov 19, 2016
I thought the Cal-Poly game in 2003 was bad, this is worse! I have been on this earth 47 years, never seen this school win a bowl game or an out right Conf championship! Don't want to hear about fan support, the more that go, the more we are willing to put up with. Also, don't want to hear about low fan support=no budget to change things. We have $$, it's just that Natalicio wants to educate Juarez and Northern Mexico instead. We all deserve this crap by continuing to somewhat fill up the stadium.

At this moment, we are losing 44-10. The Rice QB was listed as 3rd string to start this game, but the 3rd string QB for a 2-7 football team has now scored 44 points with 13 minutes still left in the game.

I have been a Kugler supporter, but I objectively don't see how he "should" be allowed to remain. This has been one of the easiest schedules in school history, we have remained relatively healthy this season(by football standards), yet he has produced only 3 wins.

Reactions: UTEP05
I will be suprised if Kugler doesnt step away on his own. He's gone but I dont think he will force Stull to fire him.

Kugler said on his radio show he is not stepping down. Jones is so special and still playing lights out. Kids like him only don a UTEP uni once every twenty plus years and I know he loves his coach but to see this program go down like the Titanic under his reign is sad because Jones deserves better coaching.

It's unfortunate, Kugler is now at Gary Nord levels. I love that he brought accountability to the program but this is tough. A couple of weeks ago people were optimistic that we couldo reel off 3 in a row. I wasn't one of them, but I feel bad that every year our worst nightmares are realized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT