ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP in Basketball Classic

No, Portland gets one bye…into the quarterfinals. The teams that get screwed are Florida Gulf Coast or Coastal Carolina, as the winner between them doesn’t get a straight shot into the semis like the 3 brackets above them.

Agree though, this tourney is a joke. Who ****in’ organized this thing?
I don't anyone gives a crap. The kids just want to play ball.

Reactions: Cube Jack
No, Portland gets one bye…into the quarterfinals. The teams that get screwed are Florida Gulf Coast or Coastal Carolina, as the winner between them doesn’t get a straight shot into the semis like the 3 brackets above them.

Agree though, this tourney is a joke. Who ****in’ organized this thing?

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Potential matchup with Fresno St in the quarterfinal? We should be on opposite sides of the bracket.
Minor detail, but it would be in the semis rather than the quarterfinals that we’d meet Fresno State.

With that said, I agree. Fresno St and UTEP should have the potential to play in the finals. Seems like that would have the biggest draw…both in person and on TV.

The attendance in the whole Classic stinks because it's a shi$$y Classic.
I'm sure the thinking behind not taking the CBI was money related and also wanting to play some games at home instead of traveling for a tournament. However in retrospect, I'm sure they would've rather just not accepted anything or stuck with CBI.

Reactions: denverutep
This tournament takes me back to all those years I spent lugging my boys around to play AAU basketball. Come to think of it, that’s probably being too harsh on AAU tournaments.

GO MINERS!

I now get the allure of The Basketball Classic. Feed the media conflicting information. While posting even more conflicting matchups on various websites, Twitter, etc... then.......... Bam!!!!!! Have the teams play someone totally different than reported and displayed on your website! Frik'n Genius!!!

Both Coastal Carolina and South Alabama won last night and CC is at SA Monday for a semi final. So obviously the winner of Youngstown St/Fresno St will play the winner of Portland vs UTEP/SUU in the other semi final. Kind of looks like they hope to milk UTEP's attendance for all it's worth.

Both Coastal Carolina and South Alabama won last night and CC is at SA Monday for a semi final. So obviously the winner of Youngstown St/Fresno St will play the winner of Portland vs UTEP/SUU in the other semi final. Kind of looks like they hope to milk UTEP's attendance for all it's worth.
Is it worth it to forego the bye in return for guaranteed home games?

Home games are a huge advantage in men's basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT