ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP LA Tech Game Thread

Come on guys. We should be destroying these teams!!!! Our football pedigree the last half a decade and half a century says winning isn't good enough. We should dominate these games 40-3.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Last I’ll say. We had 14 points 8 minutes into the game. What has happened since. 2 points from the defense and 3 from the offense.
You are correct MF. Yet, you can't say enough about the defense. Somehow able to overcome 4 turnovers, and poor play calling against a solid team. Couldn't be happier if we pull this one off.

Being a UTEP fan is like being a Man City fan. Never sure of a “victory” but always ready to say “typical city/utep”. Friends here say the game is over but that nervousness!
Yes, being a fan of one of the poorest athletics departments is like being a fan of one of the richest football clubs in the world. Excellent comparison!!!

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
You are correct MF. Yet, you can't say enough about the defense. Somehow able to overcome 4 turnovers, and poor play calling against a solid team. Couldn't be happier if we pull this one off.
Amen. The Miner defense is legit.

LaTech had lost 3 games by a combined 10 points to a couple top 25 teams and Miss St. The Miners beat them by more than all those teams combined. That’s something!!

Do y'all honestly rather risk losing by changing our style than grinding out wins? I'll take what we're doing over what anyone on this board says.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Do y'all honestly rather risk losing by changing our style than grinding out wins? I'll take what we're doing over what anyone on this board says.
That’s fair. Doesn’t mean it’s super “fun” or “exciting” to see the offense though.

So is it unfortunate we have a bye week coming up? Will it affect the momentum this team currently has waiting two weeks for its next game?

So I am fvcking stoked that we are 6-1. Yet I reserve the fan "right" to bitch about Dismel's "Brownshitz run run run punt" offensive scheme when we have even the slightest of leads with 3 quarters (tonight being an exception) still to play.

I wish this mutha fvcka knew how to instill a killer instinct but, alas, we hired a guy that has no fvcking clue how to do that. Some day I will need to recognize and accept this fact.

And yes, I know that this is "par for the course" for the past 60 years...

So I am fvcking stoked that we are 6-1. Yet I reserve the fan "right" to bitch about Dismel's "Brownshitz run run run punt" offensive scheme when we have even the slightest of leads with 3 quarters (tonight being an exception) still to play.

I wish this mutha fvcka knew how to instill a killer instinct but, alas, we hired a guy that has no fvcking clue how to do that. Some day I will need to recognize and accept this fact.

And yes, I know that this is "par for the course" for the past 60 years...
And what if that killer instinct results in 6 turnovers and we lose. Then you would also find something to b*tch about....

Reactions: minerfan_14
Almost 37 minutes time of possession. Yes, I do.
That’s 7 minutes more than the opponent.

Be honest Feral, do you really think that was the key to our win, or was it the defense who played lights out, fantastic? LaTech could have had 10 more minutes of possession and it wouldn’t have made a bit of difference. Why? Because of the defense. Without question.

That’s 7 minutes more than the opponent.

Be honest Feral, do you really think that was the key to our win, or was it the defense who played lights out, fantastic? LaTech could have had 10 more minutes of possession and it wouldn’t have made a bit of difference. Why? Because of the defense. Without question.
Actually, it's 14 minutes more than the opponent.

Does it matter if we won because of our great D or shitty offense? The point y'all are missing is we won.

How many of y'all predicted CUSA championship or Access Bowl berth?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT