ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP LA Tech Game Thread

Does it matter if we won because of our great D or shitty offense? The point y'all are missing is we won.

How many of y'all predicted CUSA championship or Access Bowl berth?
This fan base is like most EPL fan bases. Unhappy with a win that wasn’t a blowout and unhappy with a 1-0 win because it wasn’t offensive enough

“Ok granted”
You ceded your point
“My question still stands”
Not if you ceded your original point.
Terrible logic.

I conceded that the time of possession was more than I quoted.

I did not concede that time of possession is what helped us win. I said despite the difference in time of possession the score was a result of our defensive effort. I stick by that.

Your logic is quite flawed.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Hrs just being crabby because (part smart a$$ part observing here) Dimel is actually winning within his time frame and he can’t stand it.

No, I"m bitching because I hate his "participation trophy" approach to offensive play calling. Dismel has good talent on this team but HE - DISMEL himself - plays to "not lose" instead of instilling a KILLER mentatility and destroying these fvcking team we *should* destroy.

When was the last time we won 62 - 10 instead of losing 77 - 3?

We have talent on this team to fvck up other teams and get noticed. Liked WIN a bowl fvcking noticed, not just lost the "who gives a ****" bowl 45 - 3 type talent.

But we don't have a coach who will instill the "fvck 'em up" attitude needed to win the conference and a bowl game.

Can’t forget the 2012 win against #12 Houston defensive game was for the record books.

Terrible logic.

I conceded that the time of possession was more than I quoted.

I did not concede that time of possession is what helped us win. I said despite the difference in time of possession the score was a result of our defensive effort. I stick by that.

Your logic is quite flawed.
And when was I in a logic course with you?

step off your high horse and good night

No, I"m bitching because I hate his "participation trophy" approach to offensive play calling. Dismel has good talent on this team but HE - DISMEL himself - plays to "not lose" instead of instilling a KILLER mentatility and destroying these fvcking team we *should* destroy.

When was the last time we won 62 - 10 instead of losing 77 - 3?

We have talent on this team to fvck up other teams and get noticed. Liked WIN a bowl fvcking noticed, not just lost the "who gives a ****" bowl 45 - 3 type talent.

But we don't have a coach who will instill the "fvck 'em up" attitude needed to win the conference and a bowl game.
Enjoy the 6-1 record and good night

This fan base is like most EPL fan bases. Unhappy with a win that wasn’t a blowout and unhappy with a 1-0 win because it wasn’t offensive enough
Reading is hard. Nobody is upset with the win. I know that is hard for you to get.

Nobody even gives a shit about running up the score, or a blowout. Again, you have difficulty comprehending what is being said.

The offensive incompetence may bite us in the ass at some point. But hey, we will have won TOP. Yayyy!

Let’s beat FAU first.
It won't change the fact we're 6-1 and no one on this board predicted CUSA championship or Access Bowl. So stop demanding so much and enjoy what we have.

But of course y'all can't cuz you're used to UTEP winning....

If we can beat FAU, and history has shown we’re not that good playing on the East Coast, it sets up a de facto West Division playoff game against UTSA. We’ll still have UAB to contend with. Looking too far in advance I know.
IF we’re able to win in the East coast (which I think the last time we did was in the 50’s) then we’re golden.

Reading is hard. Nobody is upset with the win. I know that is hard for you to get.

Nobody even gives a shit about running up the score, or a blowout. Again, you have difficulty comprehending what is being said.

The offensive incompetence may bite us in the ass at some point. But hey, we will have won TOP. Yayyy!
Oh dear, I gave a dignified end to your conversation and you start with “reading is hard”. Maybe I just don’t give a damn what you say?

bless your heart

Enjoy the 6-1 record and good night

Oh, I'm enjoying our 6-1 record very much while recognizing the reality that with Dismel's offense it also means that we will be destroyed by Universidad de Julio in the "Juanito's Crappy Amazon Branded Batteries" bowl in Sanderson, Texas, on December 16 and a half, 202abc123x unless Dismel turns the offense over to someone who really knows how to plan out an offensive strategy that doesn't fold when up by 3 points.

Good night to you as well, Mr. Minerfan_14.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Oh, I'm enjoying our 6-1 record very much while recognizing the reality that with Dismel's offense it also means that we will be destroyed by Universidad de Julio in the "Juanito's Crappy Amazon Branded Batteries" bowl in Sanderson, Texas, on December 16 and a half, 202abc123x unless Dismel turns the offense over to someone who really knows how to plan out an offensive strategy that doesn't fold when up by 3 points.

Of course we will coming from the guy that has expected us to lose every game up to now....

Reactions: minerfan_14
Yes I expect us to lose the next two games cuz of our conservative play calling. Can y'all let me enjoy 6-1 for two weeks? Or is that too much to ask for.
If you can let the fans who are frustrated with the ineptitude of our play calling and offensive inefficiency be discontent with that, I can agree to let you enjoy being 6-1 for two weeks. Deal?😜

You know I’m happy with the win. Once I get on a roll, I just have a hard time letting go of a point.

Very happy for 6-1. And the sooner I stop defending my point of view, the sweeter 6-1 will be.

If you can let the fans who are frustrated with the ineptitude of our play calling and offensive inefficiency be discontent with that, I can agree to let you enjoy being 6-1 for two weeks. Deal?😜
No deal. I'll only allow it from fans who predicted a 6-1 start 😂

They can complain all they want.

• Haha
Reactions: MineroFanatico

You’ve expected us to lose every game like Corona attested to

I don't get people complaining about the offense. The offensive strategy is perfect for this team. The strength of the team is the D-line. They dominate the line of scrimmage. If you want to screw this team up throw the ball around get quick three and out and don't dominate time of possession. The only way this team loses if the defense had to be out out on the field all the time. Then they get tired they don't get a pass rush and the other teams offense scores. With this team if you control time of possession and keep the defense fresh we win. You play to the strength of your team. That's what we're doing.

Unlike Nord, Price, and Kugler, Dimel arrived when the Cupboards were bare. Told everyone its gonna be 4-5 years before you see a change in the program. He recruited and retained players.

He now has us 6-1.
I have always said, regardless of college football team, it takes 4-5 years to build a program right (not heavy JUCO). Dimel has delivered on time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT