ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ La Tech MBB prediction, game thread etc

Why would Jans leave NMSU for UTEP at that point? Lateral move, but leaving the NCAA-Tourney team that he built in favor of a complete rebuild job at UTEP, when knowing that surely a better opportunity would come knockin' instead?
It was an easy move for him and his agent to get a quick little raise by him applying and interviewing for the UTEP job. Career wise, it made absolutely no sense for him to take the UTEP job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
Do you really believe Chris Jans would have made a lateral move at best when he knew the Cartel Sharks smelled blood in the water? He used us to get a raise. Nothing else. We were never a legitimate option.

If I had an opportunity to go from a job paying $300,000 to a job paying $800,000 just 40 miles down the road in the same part of the country that I'm already living in and recruiting to and coaching in you bet your sweet bippy I would make that move.

If I had an opportunity to go from a job paying $300,000 to a job paying $800,000 just 40 miles down the road in the same part of the country that I'm already living in and recruiting to and coaching in you bet your sweet bippy I would make that move.
Damn, you and I are finally agreeing on something. Welcome to the dark side!

• Haha
Reactions: TxRdKiller
That was his base salary. NMSU believes in making heavy incentive based contracts instead of the guaranteed contracts UTEP does. You tell me which option you think has worked best?

Yeah all in all UTEP might have paid him a bit more but not enough to give up the dynasty he created to come clean up someone else’s mess. And it looked like his strategy paid off. Stayed one more year at NMSU and is now making over 3 million a year in the sec. Instead of stuck at UTEP making 700k and hoping to get a 15 seed.

That was his base salary. NMSU believes in making heavy incentive based contracts instead of the guaranteed contracts UTEP does. You tell me which option you think has worked best?

Yeah all in all UTEP might have paid him a bit more but not enough to give up the dynasty he created to come clean up someone else’s mess. And it looked like his strategy paid off. Stayed one more year at NMSU and is now making over 3 million a year in the sec. Instead of stuck at UTEP making 700k and hoping to get a 15 seed.
Barbee should have stayed one more year. Damn it!

Reactions: MinerManiac
Awesome finish to the half! We wouldn't want any momentum for the 2nd half. Jeez.

Bird in hand, brother. Give me the base instead of the incentives. Ended up working in Jans' favor since Senter went for the fools gold.

Still, give me the bird in hand versus the two in the bush.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT