ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ La Tech MBB prediction, game thread etc

Guys slipping all over the court. You'd think someone would at least try a towel to wipe it down.

The same thing has been happening in the DHC. They didn't even have anybody mopping the floor at the last game and a Middle Tennessee staff member had to mop the floor.

Reactions: Lil_Train
27 whole points in the 1st half. Whatever bucket making ability we found on Saturday has been lost again.

kTplyvC-dmsb9_Wb3UZ1rYXOPX3uaaruVicyqJ_CsOlchhyedLm-sFz2Q5dtlNS6qFB1MSe21a1uMJI-xXiSRqL-KgV8IcqfCY6w_donyeA6No7dnKTSWvYyzpZVWVPjYndEYMhTqIQE3e2BxH9CHA
Fool’s Golding

Why aren’t they showing fouls next to the scores?

Last edited:
Well, we're back to building brick houses. I mean it was pretty much expected by me.
200.gif

Nothing like getting hit up to renew your season tickets when we've been looking like trash for the past month.
Well the word was Donors and boosters got Dimel out a year early. Time to get Golding out 2 years early at the end of the season. His boisterous, loud motivation now seems like a bad joke, right! Can't even blame Utep really, the last two basketball HC hires were good on paper.

Well the word was Donors and boosters got Dimel out a year early. Time to get Golding out 2 years early at the end of the season. His boisterous, loud motivation now seems like a bad joke, right! Can't even blame Utep really, the last two basketball HC hires were good on paper.

I was in for Chris Jans. I mean, seriously, if you can win at NMSU there is absolutely no reason you can't win at UTEP. Chris knew how to recruit to the area and how to coach up his team. Instead, Senter went for a guy who had a miraculous run one year. There wasn't really much else to my knowledge that Golding has done other than beat UT in the NCAA tourney. Senter looked at it like it was the first and only upset ever in the NCAAs and he had to have that guy.

This may be a question for a new thread but I'm going to drop this here. Is Golding the worst coach we've had? Not recruiter. Just X's & O's coach.

This may be a question for a new thread but I'm going to drop this here. Is Golding the worst coach we've had? Not recruiter. Just X's & O's coach.
He's bad at both IMO. Bad recruiter. Worst we have seen.

I never liked the defense and the offense relies on the defense so... plus he's a momentum killer with his passion for substitutions no matter what.

I was in for Chris Jans. I mean, seriously, if you can win at NMSU there is absolutely no reason you can't win at UTEP. Chris knew how to recruit to the area and how to coach up his team. Instead, Senter went for a guy who had a miraculous run one year. There wasn't really much else to my knowledge that Golding has done other than beat UT in the NCAA tourney. Senter looked at it like it was the first and only upset ever in the NCAAs and he had to have that guy.
In the three years prior to being hired, Golding went something like 70-20, made 2 tournaments and had a decent shot at a 3rd but for the pandemic, and won a tournament game. That's a lot more than UTEP has accomplished this millennium.

Other coaches have been poached for much less. Other UTEP coaches have been poached for much less.

As natty said, good on paper and doesn't look like it's going to work out. It happens.

In the three years prior to being hired, Golding went something like 70-20, made 2 tournaments and had a decent shot at a 3rd but for the pandemic, and won a tournament game. That's a lot more than UTEP has accomplished this millennium.

Other coaches have been poached for much less. Other UTEP coaches have been poached for much less.

As natty said, good on paper and doesn't look like it's going to work out. It happens.
Well said. Fully agree. Only thing I’d add is, cut our losses and move on since it doesn’t look like it’s gonna work out.

Do you really believe Chris Jans would have made a lateral move at best when he knew the Cartel Sharks smelled blood in the water? He used us to get a raise. Nothing else. We were never a legitimate option.

Why would Jans leave NMSU for UTEP at that point? Lateral move, but leaving the NCAA-Tourney team that he built in favor of a complete rebuild job at UTEP, when knowing that surely a better opportunity would come knockin' instead?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT