ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ La Tech MBB prediction, game thread etc

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
There is no current line on the game but computer models are predicting LaTech 74, Miners 64.
UTEP is 0-5 on the road and LaTech is 9-0 at home. A Miner win would be a big upset.
Isaiah Crawford has always had UTEP's number. I don't think UTEP has anyone that can stop him.
The game is Thursday at 5pm on ESPN+. It should be a Mondo free experience.

UTEP 76
Bull Dogs 74

There is no current line on the game but computer models are predicting LaTech 74, Miners 64.
UTEP is 0-5 on the road and LaTech is 9-0 at home. A Miner win would be a big upset.
Isaiah Crawford has always had UTEP's number. I don't think UTEP has anyone that can stop him.
The game is Thursday at 5pm on ESPN+. It should be a Mondo free experience.

UTEP 76
Bull Dogs 74
they need to win just one of these 2 road games. If they can score in the 80's we win.
Utep 85
LaTech 79

Reactions: groundrounds
Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
I think Frazier can slow down Crawford, but La Tech has good 3 point shooting and who's gonna stop Batcho?

La Tech 75
UtEP 62

They might sneak one out on this road trip, but it's not this one
Ruston River Rats 79
Utep We Used to be good a really long time ago Miners 70

Reactions: EPUTEP
The Miners can hang with any team in this watered down conference. It all depends on which team shows up. When UTEP is hitting their shots, they can be a tough out. If they're not hitting their shots, on the flip side, anybody in the conference can beat them. I haven't predicted a Miner game in a while. I just have no fvckn idea who is going to show up. There is almost no consistency either way.

The Miners can hang with any team in this watered down conference. It all depends on which team shows up. When UTEP is hitting their shots, they can be a tough out. If they're not hitting their shots, on the flip side, anybody in the conference can beat them. I haven't predicted a Miner game in a while. I just have no fvckn idea who is going to show up. There is almost no consistency either way.
The "good" Miner team usually only makes appearances for home games.

This is very true. However, I imagine the possibility exists that the Miners could have a good shooting night...even on the road.
With the small lineup, rebounding has been a problem along with allowing an unbelievably high shooting percentage. All the steals and turnovers are great, but they are coming at a cost. I would expect to see more of Solomon and Kalu together to counter LAT's size. Either way there is very little chance to win if they allow 60% from the field like they did against WKU.

I don’t see us getting any q1 or q2 wins. The good thing is after LT we only have one more game scheduled vs that type of opponent.

Reactions: EPUTEP
With the small lineup, rebounding has been a problem along with allowing an unbelievably high shooting percentage. All the steals and turnovers are great, but they are coming at a cost. I would expect to see more of Solomon and Kalu together to counter LAT's size. Either way there is very little chance to win if they allow 60% from the field like they did against WKU.
60% 🤣🤣. That's just crazy horrible.

Reactions: Lil_Train
They’re 84 in KenPom; we’re 203.

Their only conference loss is to Sam Houston on the road.

I know these guys are the LA Tech announcers, but going on forever about a Chavez 3 when there is an obviously injured player (Frazier) is ridiculous

• Angry
Watching our halfcourt offense is painful. Showing it to POWs would certainly violate the Geneva Convention

• Haha
Only 15 points in over 15 minutes. The Miners are on pace to score less than 40

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT